Thankyou

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by phillip.good, Aug 24, 2021.

1. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I would just like to say a very big thankyou to DTG Protagonist and TrainSim-mat for their honesty and balls to come on the roadmap and open their hearts on this. Seriously matt, I could hug you and appreciate your pain.

I look forward to getting back to having a discussion forum back as well as the game I love

Roll on the next week

• Like Like x 21
  2. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Well said. I love playing this game.

I thought the presentation and explanation was brilliant and it was so understandable. And hearing the news that they are in final testing for the fix is really good news! Let’s just hope we won’t be waiting long, maybe it could be out tomorrow if it goes well. (I’m just saying)

Well done to everyone at DTG. You are all amazing and legends.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Love this and totally agree.

work related ppt’s make me cringe.
    DTG ppt’s I oddly really enjoy :D

thank you Sam and Matt. Can’t wait for the bad batch of 3 to be sorted so we can all get back to normal.

• Like Like x 5
  4. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

It definitely took a lot of grapefruits for them to come out and talk about it cuz they knew they were going to get some backlash for sure. But when it comes to a complicated technology like this and train some world as a complicated piece of kit as I've learned from asking questions in different streams and stuff when you have this many additions of a game there's bound to be problems it's never going to go perfect I think people are being a little too hard in some of their post but that's just me they have a right to be upset but at the same time you have to understand that they are human and humans make mistakes it happens they're not perfect as much as they can strive to be now don't get me wrong I haven't always seen eye to eye with dovetail games but for the most part I can understand and appreciate what they're going through

• Like Like x 2
  5. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

The livestream was fantastic, answered my questions and more. Can't fault it. I got a much better understanding of how things work, especially behind the scenes. Heres hoping the patch isn't far away :)

6. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

What were the bad batch of 3? Does anyone know?

7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

it was a tip of tongue moment with Sam and nearly shared the info.

He then explained its pointless to share this as nothing to gain either way, could be any three and the result would be the same as would the error message.

8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It would be very counterproductive to say which the 3 routes are (not that it makes much difference) as we'd have users trying to figure out their own solutions which could make matters worse.

The issue is no longer the routes, incidentally. It's down to the database of route ownership which is stored locally with each player which has become irrevocably messed up (technical language, I know) as a result of the wrong packages being "targeted" for upgrade. We've been experimenting with local-user resetting of these packages but without much success so far. To that end, Sony engineers believe there's a way to run a small fix that should get people up and running again.

I know this is vague, but we'll have a more thorough situation update for you - probably early tomorrow.

• Like Like x 23
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I can’t click both but imagine I clicked both “like” and “helpful” on this :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. larrycv43

larrycv43 Member

I really appreciate Dovetail being honest with us. I also appreciate that they brought a train sim to console. I was tired of buying a gaming PC every two years.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update DTG Protagonist. It's updates like these that the community needs :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

What time are we getting an update on this?

13. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Matt and Sam,

I confess that I'm a big fan of the work of these guys and this wonderful team at DTG, it's ok that they can think of themselves as normal people, but their work and knowledge is impressive, it's worth highlighting the reach of their work here in São Paulo Brazil, a 27-year-old boy fulfills his childhood dream every day of being a railway conductor.

• Like Like x 4