Children For Tsw2 Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by simon_fielding, Aug 21, 2021.

1. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

DTG Should add children to Train Sim World. Especially family tourist attraction routes like West Somerset Railway. They could be a smaller version of normal passengers and holding hands with them. They also could be wearing more childish clothes.

• Like Like x 11
  2. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

It's a great Idea to add kids and family passengers it can more variety of passengers to the game.

3. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

If it can implemented then id appreciate it but i think there is other things dovetail should focus on first before they move on to new projects like this

4. squarebog#7356

squarebog#7356 New Member

Kids…

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'd imagine making smaller people would be fairly simple, but making sure they're always with a responsible parent or guardian might be more challenging, given how erratic their movement seems to be. Wouldn't want them left unattended near high speed rail.

6. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

I think the devs should focus on trains, after all this IS "Train Sim World." Keep the kids out of it, the current passengers are adequate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

But most trains are meant for carrying people , and a lot of those people are children . It would add variety and make the game more realistic

• Like Like x 3
  8. benuildo

benuildo Member

I think this should be solved with the new dioramas. Leave the passenger system like it is now and add kids, families, disabled and elderly people trough the diorama system.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Children would be easier to add to dioramas on platform and as seated passengers rather than trying to get them to work as dynamic characters on platform. I would imagine these are done from a different department than the train engineers or signalling systems etc so shouldn't detract from core or route development

10. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Please not. What do i hate the "kids" on lots of games. They are just smaller adults and not really kids. Looks so awful. Making real kids 3d models is not easy and may cause some other problems too. So i would better let them out of TSW. Or some volunteers "spend" their kids to get 3d models from them and licences to use it in the game.

Right, that is the way more challenging part than the licencing part. The actual passenger system seems not to care about what relationship do passenger could have with others. They are like lots of Chinese people: "I'm the only person on the world and i don't take care of others, i just tumble over them if they are in my way" :) (Sorry to Chinese people out there, but it's the thing i see all over from here).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Agree. I didn't just mean shrinking the adult models, but a lot of the places you can source people models will have correctly proportioned child models too.

The other issue is that they also move differently. There was a game on the PS3 (I think) called Ico which had a young boy and girl as the main characters and the way they moved captured it brilliantly. The boy was heavy footed and stomped and ran around the way a real boy would. The girl was far more dainty and light footed and would get distracted by flowers and butterflies as she moved around. It was a beautifully produced game and while I'm not suggesting TSW needs anything like that level of detail, having them march along in line with the rest of the crowds would be pretty unrealistic.

Edit: apparently it was PS2 originally!

ico-and-yorda-running.jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Children For Tsw2 Routes?

Fair swap :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Dioramas only, please. Imagine the PR nightmare of a Youtube video showing one of the zombie kid passengers jumping on the tracks as a branded train hits it.

• Like Like x 1