Xbox Low Frames On All Routes

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Lightspeed, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I play on an original Xbox one and ever since the core update, the lag on most routes apart from Boston Sprinter is a little annoying in terms of gameplay. I have motion blur turned off, cab sway at 200% and it happens whenever I’m driving a train in timetable mode. The train speed doesn’t feel that fast whenever I’m doing speeds like 80-90mph and think I’m getting less than 50 frames per second sometimes. Don’t know whether it’s an Xbox one finally showing it’s age after all these years or something else entirely.

2. bradleycox02

bradleycox02 New Member

To be honest, it’s an 8 year old console running a very intensive game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

Tbh i got tsw for the xbox one when it was the founders edition with just the GWE route and it ran sub 30 most of the time. So to even hit 50fps is impressive for the old hardware

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

That's no excuse if you are continuing to support older hardware. Forza Horizon 5 will be on Xbox One and I'm sure that will run fine.

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does 50fps not seem so bad?

6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

The 4k mode on Series S runs at 30 and that's acceptable I guess, but the key thing is it holding a steady lock.
    Dropped frames are gonna be more noticeable when not hitting your console's selected cap. 50 is gonna be a lot less noticeable for someone on a VRR monitor with it enabled in their XBox settings to how it'll look to someone on a 60hz monitor without VRR.