Bakerloo Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shaun.jobson, Aug 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. shaun.jobson

shaun.jobson New Member

Has anyone noticed that the braking seems to be a bit more sluggish on Bakerloo line? This feels like it has offset the benefit of the speed limit changing from the front of the train, I find because I’m having to slow earlier, I am running late constantly, I used to be able to run to time on Bakerloo before the update.

PS5

• Like Like x 1
  2. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It's a little sluggish but I usually just put it on notch 2 and then release as I need to

3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I usually try and calculate to the very last min and then slam the emergency brake on. It seems to work for me but my passengers aren’t very happy. ;)

4. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Feels pretty much the same to me, but it's honestly been months since I've touched Bakerloo. I'm just pleased that I can actually complete a service on this route without the throttle dropping out. Praise be!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

It is definitely different and I'm still trying to get used it it. I've also noticed that lap doesn't lap, at least as I understand what it's supposed to do i.e. - hold things as they are. I used to jump to lap to coast for a bit before putting it back in max, but now the train keeps slowing in lap also.

My preference would be to return it to the way it was as I understand the 72 stock was always a fast braking train. I played the OpenBVE version for many years and the way this used to be matches that quite well, but not any more. But c'est la vie, I still love this route.

Now they were also supposed to allow us to cam outside the train and go through tunnels - and this works in the overground section, but once again when we get to an underground tunnel we get thrown back into the cab. A small disappointment, but one I can live with. Overall, very pleased with the work that TrainSim-Adam and his team have done. Bravo Zulu!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Ha, the game really needs some kind of passenger discomfort system to take back some Action Points every now and then. Same goes for abused freight cargo.

7. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

I reckon that’d be quite a funny thing to have but not too sure how it would calculate it correctly as the braking you’d expect as a passenger on a 377 for example would be totally different to that of a 72 stock.

8. shaun.jobson

shaun.jobson New Member

I believe I've found the issue.

It appears the brake profile has been spread across the two EP notches when rheo brakes.

From my understanding when EP is cut in (not being used) 'lap' & 'service' notches should not do anything but they are applying further braking to the rheo braking (on the dead mans handle)

So if using hud notches for simplicity, when using Rheo braking (default) brakeing power should be spread between brake notches 1-4 but is currently being spread between brake notches 1-6.

Hope this makes sense, I have this article linked in a ticket.

9. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

That sounds very reasonable to me, someone who knows nothing about train brakes and has only ridden on the Bakerloo line as a passenger. You have my vote. :)