Tsw 2 On Xbox Series S

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kenobi#1878, Aug 21, 2021.

1. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

After downloading tsw 2 on game pass while i wait for a £35 code from Amazon (don’t do this, I regret it as it’s taking so long) to buy the rush hour deluxe edition I’ve come to the conclusion that it is 1 million times better than PS4.
    On the HD setting I was getting 60FPS and 30 on 4K.
    As my tv is 1080p I’ll only use 1080p so 60fps for me :)
    I’ve tested it on SKA and BKL so far and it’s great, loving the exterior zoom, so many good screenshots.
    The sounds are also of a higher quality than on previous generation Xbox’s.
    My only issue is the menu, whyyyyyyyyy do I have to hold LB (I think) to quit, it’s sooooo annoying.
    Now to start slowly rebuying DLCs haha (I have nearly £400 of dlc on PS, I don’t use half of it though so I don’t need to buy it all again)

well done DTG, I’m loving the update.
    (I know about the problems but as I have no dlc none really bother me)

• Like Like x 4
  2. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I'd be tempted to spend £25 on a new keyboard first because your 'y' and 'o' keys seem to be a bit sticky :cool:

• Like Like x 5
  3. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I have just bought the Series S and TSW2. Does the £24.99 version include the Rush Hour update?

4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Nope. Just the base routes. Rush hour either comes as a season ticket for around $40, each individual route for around $30 or as part of the deluxe edition which includes the 3 base routes and the season ticket for about $60.

5. dhekelian

So you are saying you have to pay for the update? The update that allows more passengers for example not the routes.

6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

The routes currently are the only ones to have the new passenger system but in the future previous routes are getting the passenger function check out the roadmap from this week which shows which routes are planning for that. The only thing that was free was the core update which released alongside rush hour bringing the game to a more updated version of unreal engine

• Like Like x 1
  7. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I know it was said that passenger numbers haven’t changed yet for older routes.

I don’t have the new routes, I’m sure I will buy them eventually, but not yet.

I have been playing the routes I recently bought in the sales, but also playing SEHS (which I had previously purchased) and there seems to be a massive/noticeable increase in passenger numbers

8. dhekelian

That suggests the core update is working on some routes. I just starting the WSR and there seems to be more passengers than normal.

9. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Didn't they say prior to the update last week that passenger maximums for the base game had been increased to bring them in line with what PC already had on the new consoles, but that rush hour's additional increases to passenger counts above and beyond that were going to be implemented on a route by route basis?

• Like Like x 1
  10. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

No. I don't own Rush Hour and from the routes I've played passenger counts have increased considerably.

Quote me if I'm wrong on this but my understanding of Rush Hour was that it's not *just* about having more passengers at busier times (which technically is just a visual thing), it's equally as about how increased passengers and AI services affect the punctuality of the trains themselves. Unforseen circumstances that not only make it more difficult to deliver passengers on time but also create a 'no two services are the same' environment. So yeah, if that is the case then it sounds like the much needed gameplay overhaul TSW desperately needed - and something which hopefully will be applied to routes we already own.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2021
  11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I think in general the overall number of passengers has increased on all routes. However, the new passenger clothing styles and dioramas haven't been implemented yet on routes outside of rush hour and will be added in stages.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The core update works on all routes, but the change you're talking about with passenger numbers is the Series S specific DLC which has the PC level of passengers rather than the base xbox version which had less.

The Rush Hour additions of variety of passengers and so on are DLC specific (at the moment) and each DLC released before RH will need to be "repointed to the core" and until this is done they're going to be using the old style passenger system. Once the next pass of Adam's team rejigs the DLC then they'll all point to the core (for the passengers at least) and then any changes made in future will affect all routes immediately rather than having to wait for Adam's team to do their work

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. kenobi#1878

I imagine there is joke somewhere in this message. I, however, cannot see one. This is probably my utter stupidity so don’t take wrong. I have a keyboard that works fine though

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

only because you held the button down for soooooo looooong that the words got elongated... :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. pchopkinsuk

pchopkinsuk New Member

newbie question. I read elsewhere that to load a saved game I need to get to the "main menu". Also that to get to the main menu I need to hold down LB. Well I have tried that and no matter how long I wait I don't seem to be able to access the alleged main menu?

16. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

To get to the main menu in game you have to enter the pause menu, hold down lb and then select 3xit to the main menu

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

It's not really your fault because the UI is stupidly disjointed and about as non-user friendly as you could possibly get. Loading a saved game is pretty straightforward:
    From the main menu click on any route (it doesn't matter which because you're only allowed one save) and select 'resume savegame' to continue from a previously saved point.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/video/142926282

Holding LB is just an ingame (whilst you're driving) thing. If you pause the game and hold LB it simply brings up the settings menu and has no load (resume) saved game option.

In all honesty what the forum desperately needs is *proper* FAQ's or guides because there are way, way too many things that are not even remotely explained in the base game and it shouldn't be the responsibility of the user to have to search here, there and everywhere to resolve basic issues. It used to be the case that *all* physical copies of games came with detailed manuals, with early digital copies of XB1 games having a manual via the 'help' tool...but not any more.

DTG need politely reminding that not everyone is a 1000 hour veteran and people genuinely do get turned off by the over-complicated, under-explained nature of TSW

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. pchopkinsuk

pchopkinsuk New Member

Thank you so much. Perhaps I should have worked that out for myself but it was not intuitive.

19. kenobi#1878

doh. I feel so stupid now.