The Canadian Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by goochdog#5870, Aug 26, 2021.

1. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Is it any good or is it just forgotten ? I never see anyone mention it as either being good bad or indifferent

2. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

It doesn't get much love on here for some reason, but I started playing it a couple of weeks ago and I think it's a really nice route. Freight only of course, but the locos drive really well and there's some great scenery. I can recommend it for sure.

Wait for a sale if you haven't got it or are unsure.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

I really like Oakville Sub, but I think it really needs work done on it. For starters, the route feels really empty at times and it's common to not have any trains moving anywhere on the map. I think the route needs more trains running from Oakville to Aldershot, and vice versa; since this is the busiest portion of the route in real life. The Hamilton to Bayview Junction section could use a few more trains, too, maybe even a pair or two of ai controlled trains that go from Hamilton to the Grimsby Sub via the "Cowpath," since that track is not utilized at all, I don't think.

Making the trains longer on Oakville Sub, like they are on Sandpatch, would be a plus, too, since right now they're really short.

• Like Like x 1
  4. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Cheers both

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I would simply add that the GP9RM is, in my opinion, one of the best locos in the game. The route however is unfinished and needs some attention, which it is currently getting from the Preservation Team.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

It will soon be upgraded in some ways by the preservation team to match the standard of routes released more recently. I wouldn’t recommend buying it at full price, as it’s discounted considerably every now and then.

Personally I find it a bit underwhelming, but I guess it’s ok if you’re really into freight and yard shunting. The train line itself isn’t the most exciting, but you do get to enjoy some suburban industrial scenery and Canadian vegetation unique to this route.

• Like Like x 2