More Useable Cab Controls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Aug 25, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'd love to see more useable Cab Controls on trains in the game. Some of you may know that certain things, like the Cruise Control, and the AC Knobs, were left unusable in the cab of the ACS-64. These are things that increase the immersion the player has while playing on the route, and in the case of the Cruise Control, affect the operating experience.

I love getting into the DB BR 423, turning on the AC, and hearing the noise of the fans start to pick up.
    I love getting into the Class 314, turning on the fan and watching it spin around, and cool down the cab.

It would really be nice to see more Cab controls become useable for the player. Let us mess with the In-Cab screens on the Class 377 to set up our destination boards (PROPERLY - Instead of setting it for us).

All of this would just increase the immersion for the player, and a lot of it, could stay optional, so if some players don't want to mess with the other controls and just want to drive, they can still do that. I just think that this would be a nice change to make the trains more detailed and realistic, which a lot of players would love to see.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

And most of the optional stuff, that is not really needed for the gameplay, will cost most of the development time then to make it happen (especially any type of usable digital display). Without raising the prices for the content, i would not expect any changes about this. There is already a lot of usable in-cab controls anyways.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Monttukani

Monttukani New Member

I agree, all stuff that adds immersion is good. But as Maik mentioned, these things will cost time and money. If we put things in priority order, first comes things that effects train running, like cruise control and safety systems etc. I think if these systems are essential for proper simulation. If the loco has a cruise, it should be implemented.
    Next, working displays are a great add for immersion. If for example loco has a display showing route timetable, we should have it as it's effecting driving without hud. Interacting with the screens gives a feel of control, like you said destination boards add to the feel, but it does not effect the train driving in other way. Then there are these little nice things, like those spinning AC fans and I think the best little detail in World of subways 3 is setting up and hearing the automatic announcements, so that would be nice to have in Bakerloo line...
    Basicly our wishes and opinions are endless and DTG has to balance what thing are worth doing.
    I'm willing to pay extra money for immersion upgrades to locos and routes, like an optional advanced simulation pack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, I'm willing to pay extra money for upgrades in a separate pack. Something like AP does for TS Classic. I don't think every single thing should be animated and included, but more would definitely be appreciated.

5. ZeenozPlays

That's understandable, I know it takes more development time, but it would definitely be nice to see. Maybe not everything in the cab should be animated and made useable, but a good chunk of it should be IMO. I really enjoy it when trains, like the BR 423, have working buttons/dials for things like the AC, which makes an audible noise in the cab when clicked.

I'd be willing to pay a couple dollars extra for an enhancement pack for a route to make the locos more realistic with more working buttons and dials, but it is understandable if it is asking for a little too much to be done.

6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

You mean like AP enhancement packs for TS ? That would be great , as long as the cost isn’t vast

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Yes please, amazing to have a simulator with so little cab functionality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

On the Class 377 if say you do a Ore/Hastings route having started at Eastbourne, when you get to Brighton and you do the return trip I found that you can change the destination back to Ore/Hastings or wherever you're going to using the PIS. I wish we are able to make use of the DOO cameras and screens on the Class 377 I do agree there should be more in cab controls adds more immersion for me.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021