Intro Movies/screens

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by manticor225, Aug 27, 2021.

1. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been discussed already. So with the recent core update we have a flashy new intro video (what I like to call Marvel Comics-style for our locos), yet we still have the old movie that plays after it (the "Start Your Journey" movie). Do we really need to skip through two of these prior to getting to the title screen? In fact the old one basically plays like a trailer for the game, which to me never made sense to watch a trailer for the same game I am about to play. Now that we have a new one, can we at least remove the old one?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Or add "Show into videos" to the settings so we can all turn them off.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

I quite like the first one, but the second one is literally a trailer. It's weird especially that Rush Hour is the big thing, but it's showing off routes that came out a year ago.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The first one is a splash video for DTG themselves, the second is the intro for TSW2 itself.

5. adam.fisher6912

adam.fisher6912 Member

Just twiddle the right stick round a couple of times and it goes straight to the start screen if you don't want to watch the video / trailer

6. manticor225

But why do we need an intro video for the game in the first place? If we're playing it, we already know what it's about.

I understand that I can tap through both videos which is what I already do. That doesn't make the videos themselves any less redundant.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Loads of games have intro videos and intro screens. Same with DVDs/blu-rays etc. It's hardly an unusual thing
    Same for studio intros. It's bog standard

8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I really dislike the first video, especially because it starts with a bang. The sound always surprises me whenever I start up TSW. It's an annoying video. I wish there was an option to get rid of it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. manticor225

Eh maybe in the past, but in more recent times games have moved away from intro videos. I can’t think of another modern game I play now that has a full intro video anymore. Similar to how modern television shows got rid of the full 30-45 second intro credits. Games now usually load straight into menu screens after the developer credits.

10. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

TS classic has that so no excuse for not being able to add a setting to remove it

• Like Like x 1