How Are We Feeling About The Upcoming Nahverkehr Dresden?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LWDAdnane, Aug 27, 2021.

1. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Interested on how we feel about an upcoming release, following what's been happening recently. For example the article speaks about "atmospheric lighting that bring the night to life". As much as this is good news, we've all suffered recently from having high hopes. Should DTG have not mentioned anything about that at all and waited for us to all be surprised? I think it would be better to have us expecting the usual "standard" (I won't give my opinion on it) of lighting, and then have us be pleasantly surprised, instead of causing our hopes to be high just to find the new lighting isn't as good as we may have imagined it to be.

This is just just example, of course DTG could blow us completely out of the water!

2. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

We always expect too much, but I believe there is a steady trend of improvement, with an occasional touch of cab-sway.

• Like Like x 11
  3. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

As a local I had a lot of hope but since the tram lines next to the tracks are not built in (the reason given is because they cant be seen from the cab) leads me to 0 expectations. I mean, you have a tram line running next to the track for the whole of Dresden not being included is jsut a shame.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Where did you get this information?

5. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Was mentioned in one of the discord servers a short time ago.

6. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Bad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LWDAdnane

Yeah, I believe the improvements to passengers and busier timetables is definitely a step forward. At times I feel like DTG make 1 step forward and take 2 steps back. However, I agree that we're on the right track, but just sitting in a very slow train

• Like Like x 1
  8. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

And of Like it was on HHL there are no linenumbers in the trains again. And the question I asked my self ist: "Why?"

9. LWDAdnane

There is a possibility that this is just down to the screenshots being from a previous build, and not the final one, although I wish I believed that more myself. I guess the streams will confirm whether there will be linenumbers or not.

10. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The screenshots are 4-5 weeks old. That are definitely WIP screenshots.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Reserving judgement for now. I'm in favor of any and all lighting improvements, so i'm cautiously optimistic on that front. Hope it can be implemented on all routes (or at least Rush Hour and beyond).

I'm excited to be able to drive the 363 on a different route- it's a fantastic little loco! And any new place to drive the 101 is very welcome IMO.

Presumably the PIS will have the line numbers in at launch, but strange that this gets missed so consistently.

Looking forward to next week's preview.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Feeling indifferent at the moment. Waiting for the previews. I'm as disappointed as anyone at the lack of Branches, but if it's as alive as Boston seems and the route is nice then I'll buy it. The signaling should be different so it will still add something new and I like the 363.

Not at all bothered by the lack of Tram Line. It's a train simulator, not a walking and flying around simulator for me. So if I can't see it from the cab then I won't miss it. Though as the game allows walking and flying around, I appreciate why some will miss it.

Still quite a borderline purchase for me though at the moment. To get me to buy the season ticket, the UK route is going to have to be nice as well as I'm really not bothered to have Boston - The streams have been interesting but I just don't like driving US Routes.

I'll keep my hopes low and hope they are exceeded.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for this , I really hope it is better than bsp

14. LWDAdnane

I've only seen a few people complain about the lack of the tram line, so I guess one can say it's evident that they didn't "waste" time on what they didn't necessarily need to spend time on. I hope that's reflected in other areas, where you'd expect the quality to be almost perfect.

15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I complained a lot about the branches being cut, and I still think it wasn't the best decision.

Still, I am trying to be as open-minded as possible, as usual I am not familiar with the exact surroundings so I don't think I will care that much about those, unless someone more familiar points out any huge mistakes.

There are some things I will keep a close eye on the streams that's for sure, mainly timetable bugs like in NEC ("traffic jams") and wether it's possible to be on time.

I think while it's going to be just a shell of what it was promised we shall still keep and open mind and see for ourselves.

My expectations (my hopes) are that this routes will be more fun and varied than SKA, hopefully for freight as well (especially with the BR363), but still not as busy and varied as HRR or maybe even RRO (hopefully it won't have similar silly 1 or 2 stops services). The main point will be to actually understand how much the decision to cut the branches impacted gameplay.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Hoping they learned from the hamburg pzb fiasco and tested the route proper with safety systems enabled... Not holding my breath but one can hope

• Like Like x 2
  17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I've voted with my wallet and gone in on it. I figure whatever is picked up in preview streams as missing will fall onto Adams to do list at a point it can be squeezed in for release.

18. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

At the moment? Could not care less. If, toward the end of the year, they knock the price of the season ticket down by 20-25%, I'll be interested. But for now, Boston's textures and scenery seem a bit bland, and this just seems like it's going to be another generic German route. Hopefully Brighton Main Line will be more promising.

19. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

At the moment, I'm feeling rather optimistic about it, (though still disappointed we'll have to wait a bit longer to see the preview stream.)
    Of course one cannot talk about Riesa - Dresden without bringing up the branch lines, but if one were to look at what we're getting even without those branch lines....well, I don't think it's too shabby at all.

Having almost 6 different 'trains' to choose from kinda makes up for the loss because at the end of the day, I think it's a lot cooler to see different varieties of trains pulling in and out of busy stations.
    Having the branch lines included would have been the icing on the cake, but I'd still be happy to eat a cake without the icing :D

I've been enjoying Boston Sprinter so far and feel as though it plays a lot better than other routes. I'm hoping Riesa - Dresden provides a similar feel with a busy timetable.
    I suppose we'll have to wait until the preview stream to get a better idea of how it'll be.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

50 miles, 6 trains including the 363 and reflective signage and atmospheric lighting? I’m interested but waiting to see what the preview and launch streams are like.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I am waiting for the streams, the four screenshots so far look... standard.
    Overall, my expectations are set to "next HHL".

• Like Like x 1
  22. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Hope there’s some interesting facets to this route as I’m fairly indifferent to just another red German one.
    From the screen shots so far it looks more of the same.

Hope I’m proved wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  23. chieflongshin

That’s the question I ask myself each time when I consider a purchase.

I know there’s trains
    I know it’s a to b
    I know I won’t like existing clouds

What does this have which other routes doesn’t in terms of gameplay or interactivity. We’ve still got more things that could be interactive, I personally think more things in stations could be meaninglessly interactive but I like to have a prod and poke around as much as driving the trains.

24. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

I am trying this game on Series X after experiencing Flight Sim in all its next gen glory. I would rather have one add that ran without framerate drops, glitchy in cab textures and intermittent low resolution textures. So in a nutshell no, I'd rather have one add on that works rather than 3 that don't. Plus I would rather they delay a release than release with bad textures and framerate, ive had to stop playing until they patch it. It's not gamebreaking but it's really spoiling my enjoyment and I expect more on a next gen console

25. chieflongshin

Don’t get too much hope on the micro stutters not happening. I run a high end pc and still get them. Not great but they are a lot better than they ever was. Agree on your other points ajwilson1889

• Like Like x 1
  26. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this next big disappointment ☺️

• Like Like x 2