Add Ons In The Xbox Game Pass Pc Version Of Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chipfat, Aug 28, 2021.

1. chipfat

chipfat New Member

Hi,

I've been playing TSW2 on my Windows PC for the past couple of weeks and am now looking to buy some of the add-ons. I installed TSW2 via the Xbox App for Windows (I guess that's the same as getting the game via the Windows Store). The thing I can't figure out is how to buy the add-ons. They don't appear in either the Windows Store or the Xbox App (for most games, any add-ons appear on the same page as the game itself) and if I go to the "Dovetail Store" inside the game, it's empty. Any idea how to purchase these add-ons using the Windows Store / Xbox app on PC?

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The main product page says the game works on PC and Xbox platforms. The product pages for add-ons only list Xbox platforms (TSW2 needs to be installed on Xbox One or Series X/S). So unless they add PC versions to the product pages, you will only have the three core game routes on PC through the Microsoft Store. Everything else will install to Xbox platforms only. Steam and Epic versions do have add-ons (all should be on Steam).

• Like Like x 1
  3. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Do t know if this will help, butbi don't have an Xbox but I do play on mobile with the Game Pass app and I have Ultimate. What in tried out was I went to the Xbox store online, purchased the LIRR DLC and when I went back into game pass, the cloud version now included the DLC I just brought. Maybe it would work that way?

• Like Like x 1
  4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Don’t forget that if you stop subscribing to Game Pass or when TSW2 is removed from Game Pass, you will need to purchase it for your add-ons to work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chipfat

chipfat New Member

Thanks for the replies. It does seem like the add-ons don't work via the Windows Store / Xbox PC app at the moment. I tried some experiments last night.

I purchased an add-on via the Xbox online store (i.e. the web site). Then when I went to the Windows Store app on my PC and checked my list of purchases, I could see it there

upload_2021-8-29_11-4-45.png

Notice there's a "Go to the Xbox App" button. When you click that, the Xbox app opens and does seem to give the impression that the add-on is all ready to go

upload_2021-8-29_11-6-0.png

See the button at the bottom left that says "Ready to use in-game".

But on firing up the game on PC, the add-on is just not there. You just get the three default routes, and the Dovetail Store is still empty. So I'm still stumped as to how to get add-ons to work via the Microsoft store / Xbox.

btw - I have an Xbox as well, the game and the add-on all work just fine there as expected. So, I've been able to play the add-on using the Xbox. I just prefer PC for TSW

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Just buy the Base Game on Steam or Epic Games. Its way better. Plus, if you stop paying for XGB, you will lose your game, whereas on Steam or Epic that wil not happen

7. mattwebboz

mattwebboz New Member

Thanks for this thread - was wondering the same myself