How Do I Know I Play The Ps5 Version?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rhs, Aug 28, 2021.

1. rhs

rhs New Member

Hello, I'm new to TSW 2; I just purchased/installed the game a couple of days ago (Collectors edition - Disk version) and are playing it on the PS5 on a Samsung 4K 55 inch TV.

For many of you perhaps a simple question: as I've never played this game before, it's impossible for me (in terms of graphics quality) to judge whether I'm currently playing the PS4 or PS5 version. My question is therefore: Where in the game can I find which version I am playing now?

Thank you kindly for any help!

Cheers, Rob

• Like Like x 1
  2. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

I'm not sure if there's an actual way to confirm "in game" but if you go to the TSW2 game hub on your PS5 homepage and click on the 3 elipses next to the "Play Game" button, it should say "View Product / Unfollow / PS4 | Full | TSW2".

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. benuildo

benuildo Member

PS5 Version looks like this
    20210828_155834.jpg
    PS4 Version looks like this
    20210828_155812.jpg

You can change the version by pressing the OPTIONS button.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

BA438402-8F07-4FB8-B6BF-84C2026F6CBB.jpeg It’s actually really easy since the last firmware update; if you look at the game tile on your Home Screen it’ll display a white PS5 logo if you’re playing the PS5 version (or a black PS4 Logo otherwise)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. rhs

rhs New Member

Thank you, that's makes it very clear, it seems I'm playing the PS5 version from day one! Thanks again for your help!

6. rhs

rhs New Member

Oh, that change te story a bit; I haven't seen the white PS5 logo next to the TSW2 tile... How do I change from PS4 to PS5?
    Thanks for showing this btw... I will have to look into this... Still not sure now...

7. benuildo

benuildo Member

It is exactly like I wrote. If you don't see a PS4 after the gametitle it is the PS5 Version.

The new firmware is only a beta Version and not available for everybody.

To Change the Version press the OPTIONS button on the controller and chose the version you want.

• Like Like x 1
  8. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

Actually, sorry for confusing this, as benuildo says, just seen online the white PS5 logo is a BETA firmware feature…

9. rhs

rhs New Member

Thank you benuildo, surreychuff for your help; much appreciated! Have a good weekend!

10. rhs

rhs New Member

Coming back to my topic;
    When I got back to my PS5 yesterday evening, I noticed the text 'Train World Simulator 2 | PS4' next to the TWS2 tile (like the second screenshot taken by benuildo - shown above in this topic) ... So it seems I'm still playing the PS4 version. But, when I press the option button on my PS5 controller I don't see any option to switch from PS4 to PS5. Also checked the 3 elipses next to the "Play Game" button but no PS5 switch options! Any advise? Thank you!

11. benuildo

benuildo Member

When you press the OPTIONS Button it should look like this
    20210829_185420.jpg
    Go to "Game Version" and you can see this
    20210829_183931.jpg
    You see the active version marked with a hook.
    This option is always there when you own both Versions, even if one version is not installed.

Make shure you have the last update installed and downloaded the PS5 Version through the Playstation Store the first time, so the system knows you own it. Check if the PS5 Version is in your Game Library. You can set a filter for PS5 games.

Of course you could also delete the PS4 Version. ;)
    Good Luck.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  12. rhs

rhs New Member

Thanks benuildo! I have the PS4 disk version installed of this game, can I still download the PS5 version through the Playstation store too? And if yes; where do I find this socalled PS5 version of TWS2 in the Playstation store; I can't seem to find it. Thank you for all your help, much appreciated! :)

13. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Please tell me in this new beta we can display trophies in a list and not as square tiles where we have to click to read them?

14. benuildo

benuildo Member

Unfortunately for the disc version you need to wait a little longer to upgrade to the PS5 version. Maybe next week.
    Read this

Yes you can.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. rhs

rhs New Member

Again, thank you Benuildo! Am I understanding correctly that, because I've purchased the PS4 TWS2 collectors edition - disk version, I can download the PS5 version of TSW2 for free within 1 - 2 weeks after it's available in the playstation store? The topic of 'Step By Step - How To Upgrade My Collection From Ps4 To Ps5' is a bit hard to follow with all the different comments...

16. benuildo

benuildo Member

Yes. You don't need to buy the PS5 Version. You just have to wait a little longer.

• Like Like x 1