Rapid Transit

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, May 27, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just had a go of Rapid Transit since the most recent update. I’m really still not a fan. Of all the routes, I think this route messes with the senses far too much.

The cab of the Talent 2 is still near silent and I don’t think you get a good sense of speed driving the Talent 2. I can’t really explain it other than to say when you’re going a certain speed it doesn’t feel you’re doing that speed.

• Like Like x 7
  2. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Have you noticed (especially in the underground sections), it looks like the Talent 2 hasn't got any windows!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I'm in two minds about (the new) Rapid Transit.

On the one hand, I do like the new timetable. The inclusion of the Br 143 is a big plus for me as is the inclusion of LZB both in the Br 182 and on the route. On the other hand, I still think that Rapid Transit is probably the worst German route. The signalling is a mess to put it lightly. The service variety is hardly something to write home about. If Adam had managed to put in a freight layer (which he wanted to), it may have helped. The route also feels quite dead around the Leipzig area, but that's more of a core problem. Let's not mention that Adam's team seem to break something new every time they touch the Br 182 :D

Overall, Adam (+ team) put in a good effort, but I think Rapid Transit requires a lot more work than Adam's team can reasonably be expected to put into it.

• Like Like x 5
  4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

After testing Rapid Transit with the update my opinion is that they have done a great job, it is a better route now with the new timetable, added PIS and everything else. It feels more alive now.
    BUT I totally agree with you, the poor sounds mean I can't play it yet. And the same could be said about LIRR.

I really don't understand, why they make this great effort in improving the routes with so many hours of work, and at the same time they don't dedicate enough to fix the sounds, being this a very requested topic always by the community. DTG unfortunately shows us that it doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

It's really sad, that all this effort is going down the toilet because many of us still can't play the routes. The other day I felt like playing LIRR and I had to play it in TSW2020. I'd rather have very decent sound than have all the additions of the new update and have to torture my ears.

I think most of us were sympathetic to the preserved collection and the problems they had with the sounds when converting the tracks. But what is hard to understand is that after releasing these great updates we still have to put up with this.

• Like Like x 7
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

RT is better after the update but the talent 2 sounds are indeed a joke. I can't really enjoy the route with the DB BR 442 as it is too quiet. I don't own the 182 and probably won't since I am not interested in the train and I am not a fan of the 143. What's the point of adding all these improvements if not enough time is worked on fixing sounds. Sound is the most important part of any train for immersion. The new timetable is cool but nothing really special. The signaling is a mess as well in RT. The sound issues can be said for lirr as well. I am still puzzled on how dtg wasn't aware of the broken motor audio on the m7 when that was reported many times for the past 8 months.

Personally I can say RT is easily the worst german route in tsw and personally I can't recommend it. Your better off buying HRR than this but even then HRR is not a good german route due to how short it is. HRR is easily in my opinion the second worst german route in the game

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

On the contrary, I am very satisfied with the work of Adam's team. They were able to improve many things on this very old route. Bad sound is a long-term problem, but even here there is improvement. I'm already looking forward to a redesigned MSB. It's my favorite route.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

8. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

The route has had a massive improvement in general. Medals, journey mode, PIS, new timetable, new skies, level crossings, LZB etc.

The sound is definitely the downfall unfortunately. Whilst the traction motor sounds can now be heard the running sounds are missing, so it sounds like some sort of UFO.

So overall, a great improvement to the route itself, with a letdown on the sound of the 1442.

//EDIT Just had a go with the 182. LZB now works on the desk, but the dial lights are now broken :(

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That‘s why I said
    :)

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Played RT with the 182 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The 182 is a much better train on RT than the Talent 2.

I think the issue for me is definitely the RT Talent 2. It was never my favourite train - I just don’t like it. It also feels like you’re sat in the passenger compartment when driving, miles away from the controls.

11. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I also really like and appreciate the improvements on Rapid Transit!
    It looks much better now.
    I like this route very much, because it is longer than usual Preserved Collection ones - not considering SPG of course - , it has suburban trains, including underground stations - most of them very beautiful designed and decorated, and if you go further to the north, you have Regional fast runs.
    You have bridges, turbine wind mils, suburban and rural environment.

I have used mainly the BR 182 there, as it is a locomotive I like very much
    Its design, its performance - mainly the incredible acceleration - which is perfect match with the Dostos.

About sound, I always on all locos open the windows, to enjoy all the sounds better and louder!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

I can go aling with you regarding the sound. Alteady thought my speakers are crap.
    Question: Is it not possible to do something with the FIS or is there so kind of trick for the 1442?

13. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

My biggest annoyance with Rapid Transit after the preservation update is how the HUD doesn’t cooperate with the trains. Some flickable switches in the BR 442 behave like buttons when interacted with and the door closing procedure isn’t synced with the HUD.

14. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

There is no FIS implemented on the Talent 2 from Rapid Transit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Agree!!