New York To New Haven Is It Worth Buying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by porawit, Aug 27, 2021.

1. porawit

porawit Member

Since there was a discount going on, I decided to buy this route. New York To New Haven Is it worth buying?

Attached Files:

2. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Member

I like it, though for me at least the scenarios for the Acela don't work correctly.
    A much nicer route to drive than the NY-Philly NEC, but I don't have the DC-Baltimore route to compare it with that stretch.

3. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

The instant, no warning speed changes on the original NEC route drive me mental.

4. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

The New Haven route is definitely worth buying. Great for Metro North, Amtrak NEC and CSX services

5. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

I might be late, but I'm chiming in with a probably.
    The route is fairly nice, I'm not a fan of the 50 mph speed limit. The ACS-64 cab signaling doesn't work properly on the other NEC routes, picking up 0 mph quite a lot. I also find the AI to be rather minimalistic.
    On top of what others said, you can pick it up for the CSX equipment, complementing Miami-WPB nicely.
    There are also tons of DLC available from various eras (New Haven FL9, the GE freighter) and the High Iron scenario packs give you xp and game time if you are looking for that. Plenty of workshop. Had a bit of fun flipping locos around, switching AEM-7 and ACS-64 and of course the GG1.
    Can't resist some screenshots:
    20190420142940_1.jpg
    20190420143503_1.jpg
    20190812184457_1.jpg
    20190812193429_1.jpg

6. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Might be too late.. But get it.

It's not a horrible route. As someone with some familiarity with it. It's not the best, as far as accuracy is concerned. IRL, the route is mostly shrouded with heavy trackside foliage, which is largely missing, or bare. The New York City Area, Mainly the Metro-North stretch is not done well. Lacks change in gradients, and elevation, despite portions of it going from underground to elevated. I feel a lot of things could have been done way better. But, it is still worth getting. Especially at discount.