Nyc Transit Possible?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by smslomka, Aug 26, 2021.

1. smslomka

smslomka New Member

Would like to see a urban transit system on TSW2?

Having either the NYC Transit Authority Route or/even the Washington DC Transit in the Nations Capital.

Appreciate the rural lines that were added.

Even the Challenging Cog Railroad in NH....Challenging Climb.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

Does Bakerloo not count? In any event, the DC Metro would be amazing, with steep grades, cavernous stations, and interchangeability of rolling stock between the various lines.

3. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I was just coming here to ask basically the same thing; exploring the feasibility of NYC Transit in TSW2. I know it's a very popular request and there is some precedent with Bakerloo, but that's about it. Replicating the entire MTA subway system would likely never happen, but even one or two lines would be amazing.

Asset-wise, I would think it would be one of the easier tasks. Manhattan is pretty much the underground portion of Bakerloo; lots of intersecting tunnels with repeating station architecture. They've already got a framework of Queens with LIRR, maybe run the 7 to Shea Stadium? I don't know, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Licensing could be one potential snag, but they also said the John Deere license would never appear in a Farming Simulator game. Things happen.

4. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Honestly, more additional subway/metro lines are a welcome because I enjoyed playing the Bakerloo Line a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct which ones do you want remember if they decided to do World Trade Center BMT Broadway R train you have a passageway to the 2 & 3 trains via the 8th ave line E train Platforms. For an added bonus why not try running off the rails on Bakerloo Line using R142 2 & 5 trains the reverse is 1972 Stock Mark I & II Bakerloo Line on IRT Broadway 7th Avenue & IND 8th ave Line

6. smslomka

smslomka New Member

There many lines in the NYC Transit that can be challenging. Lines like new me would have hours of experience to be had. Many lines from Brooklyn interact with Manhattan and Bronx. Or Brooklyn with Manhattan and Queens. East River bridges would be interesting. Also operating a train thru the intersecting tunnels. And most of all interesting and massive the train yards. One thing all get a view from all the windows are the Numerous Elevated Line. Scenery is numerous around NYC.

7. smslomka

smslomka New Member

Many are comparing Bakerloo Line to NYC Transit. There are no comparing. NY Transit is a world of it's own. Their so many interacting lines that can create wait time for other lines to arrive and run ahead.

8. subzero169

subzero169 Member

I would love for them to add the IND 8th Avenue Local C train with the R32s. That is my all time favorite rolling stock until it got retired . But nonetheless it would be amazing to go from Euclid Av in Brooklyn to 168th street in Manhattan and going along Central Park West, Port Authority Bus Terminal, and Penn Station.

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Express version is the A train to Lefferts Blvd & Far Rockaway Mott Ave daytime and evening before 12 a.m. 12-6am local to Far Rockaway Mott Avenue because the Lefferts Blvd service is a Shuttle.