PlayStation No Way To Complete Ch. 4 Boston-depot Journey + Bugged Npc Trains

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by shadowkid992, Aug 28, 2021.

1. shadowkid992

shadowkid992 New Member

The ending location marker is inside the building and there's no way to get to it. After you go around the 5mph curb and in the manual switching area, if you switch directly toward the objective you'll run into the building causing a de-rail. If you try to switch around the building you'll either run in to a non possible red light or a track that has a stopped train on it. Along with that, I kept getting derailed by NPC trains that where SPAD'ing from spawn. I have no clue how to complete this journey. Any help would be appreciated. The actual name of the journey is "Amtrak Northeast Regional #66 (Boston-Depot)"

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mayerling

Mayerling Member

I came here to report the same problem. This service is not possible to complete. Even worse, it's number 15 of 24 in the City Sprinter Journey...so we've already put a lot of time in to get to this point only to be prevented from going any further.

• Like Like x 2
  3. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Same issue on PC as well. I skipped this one by double clicking on the next mission on the journey (on the list which shows all journey chapters and their missions). It's possible on PC, not sure about consoles. I'll get back to it later after it's hopefully fixed.

4. Mayerling

Mayerling Member

Update:

So I went back and tried it again using a different method, and completed the Service successfully.

Spoiler alert below:
    Loop around the facility to the west (this part of the building is pass-through for some reason) until you're south of it, then back the train into Track 7 (the south end of the building is also pass-through).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  5. shadowkid992

shadowkid992 New Member

Yeah I found a way around it to left as well. After de-coupling part of the first npc train that would either normally hit you or take an empty spot to the left. You can use that empty spot to go in front of the building and then reverse in. It's definitely a bug or simple misplacement of the objective marker that should get fixed. But it's definitely a bug that the npc trains are SPADing and don't recognize your presence in front of them. Even after they pass the 3 reds to get to that point in the track they should still realize that there's a player train in front of them and act accordingly.

Attached Files:

6. Mayerling

Mayerling Member

I didn't have to take those steps, but definitely the hardest I've had to work for 1,800AP. Diabolical. Glad you figured it out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I took the outer track of the yard and then reversed the last car on the marker. Also had to avoid 3 trains crossing the tracks. Scary stuff. Wouldn't it be great if the shutters automatically opened when it detects a train closeby?

• Like Like x 2
  8. bart.rousseau

bart.rousseau Member

Same here. First couple of attempts my train derailed. Couldn't figure out why. Until I looked back and saw another train drive straight into mine. How rude! :cool: So on the next attempt I waited for that train to pass. And then the same happened with the second train. And then again with the third. Once I figured out I had to let three trains pass, my train derailed again when hitting the gates of the building you have to park the train in. At that point I almost gave up but fortunately found this thread. Originally I also wanted to take the long way round and drive around the buildings but then I noticed that one of the sidings between all the parked trains was left empty so I used that one instead. Ah well, all's well that ends well...

• Like Like x 1
  9. shadowkid992

shadowkid992 New Member

The thing is if you pull up the map. That track has, I believe, 3 signals that are all red for those trains. The derail part wouldn't have been an issue for me if they were abiding by the signals in front of them. After the first train passed I'd close the map and would be like "cool the other trains will stop once I'm on the track" but the engineers in those trains must be on one haha. Only after I decoupled part of the first train, and those cars were stopped on the track, did they stop SPADing. Kinda takes the realism out of it, when NPC trains don't acknowledge your trains existence in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

This service was a rather frustrating one.

I did manage to find a way to do it, by circling round using the far left track of the depot. Its still through a building, but that building can be driven straight through without derailing.

Then, it's just a case of backing the train into the correct depot which also doesn't trigger a derail.

I took too long in the first attempt and got side swiped by an AI train.

I suspect the buildings got added at a later stage once the timetable was already in place.