Player Profile Deleted When Starting On Xbox One Serires X

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mr.Drew, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

Hello everyone!

I played on my xbox one series x (and before on my Xbox One x) prior to the rush hour update and it worked fine. Now I installed the rush hour update and wanted to play again on the Series x. However when starting, the game asks to set up a new profile. There is no existing profile. When I start a new profile and give it the name like my old profile it says "profile already exists". What can I do? Is this a known problem and has had someone experience with that? I actually do not want to lose my old profile.

2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Did you mash the buttons on the title scene to skip the intro video? It's midway through that that it tries to download your cloud save, and if you hit a button while the cancel icon briefly pops up on screen it'll stop downloading it.

3. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

My thoughts too but I've just tried this (for some odd reason the game insists on syncing every time I start it) but after clicking cancel you get a secondary menu which is default on "keep syncing" and requires left stick selection to fully cancel...and by the time you've read the options the game has already loaded anyway. The only thing it did reset was my dovetail live sign-in.

The only thing I can think of is that the game was originally installed (along with the pre-existing local save) on an external hard drive and because the update + addons now have to be installed internally on XSX (as a brand new game) the original save data has not been added into the new location during the upgrade process. When loading the game for the first time cloud has somehow detected it as a new game, with the result being the requirement of new profile.
    Highly unlikely, yes....but as I said it's the only thing I can think of.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2021
  4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It's best not to cancel Xbox cloud save sync. Usually the message only shows up for a while if there is no local save data (like changing consoles) or the save was last done on another console.

If you cancel it and the game makes a new save, it does run the risk of replacing the original save in the cloud. The only way save data is moved between Xbox platforms (after Xbox 360) is from syncing in the cloud. It can only stay on the internal drive once a local copy is created/downloaded.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

Thanks for your input guys! My dovetail live account is still signed in on xbox series x...but no profile.

I checked on my old xbox one x. Profile works there. I will no update the game and all add ons on this console. Afterwards I will try again on xbox series x to start the game. I did actually not abort the cloud sync there. It just didn't restore the profile :-/

6. Princess Entrapta

Nope. All three of my XBoxes it used to be stored externally and is now stored internally. It's not possible for a Smart Delivery game to be detected as a different game because part of the backend system for that is that cloud saves recognise the different generation versions as the exact same game.

7. Princess Entrapta

in addition, a useful thing if you have two xboxes is to keep one turned off when the other is in use, and if you ever have issues with downloading a cloud save, boot up the other xbox where your most recent save is stored disconnected from the internet, play the game and make a save, close the game, and then reconnect to the internet. Start the game again and when it attempts to synch the cloud data and finds a newer local save, it will always ask which save data to use, the more recent one locally or the older cloud save, pick the local save and it will overwrite the corrupted cloud data.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  8. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

I did so but still not working I also deleted the local save game on the series x and synchronized completely new. Did not help. Tomorrow I will uninstall everything on the series x. maybe that helps. What is also interesting is the fact that I cannot select my actual profile on the series x but I'm still logged in to dovetail live when starting the game...

9. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

another idea is to log out of dovetail live on the old xbox one x and then try again on the series x.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021