Class 800s,different Company’s Operating,more Stops

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dsteer55, Aug 18, 2021.

1. dsteer55

dsteer55 New Member

I think it would be nice to see some more modern trains and train operating company’s in the game say for example: CrossCountry, Hull Trains (First Group). I also Think it would be nice to put a class 800 in consideration as they are so popular now across companys. A Repaintable Hst would be nice seeing in a future update. Little stops like Swindon,Chippenham,Bath Spa and Bristol temple meads would be nice for the Great Western Express dlc and you could pick to start at Swindon for example and go all the way to London. In livery designer I think you should be allowed to change the inside adding decals to the seats and changing the colours -DannySteer

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Cross Country doesn't go to ANY London stations, let alone termini. The closest stations they serve are Stanstead Airport (Essex), Guildford (Surrey) and Reading (Berkshire)
    Hull Trains only go to Kings Cross (not in game yet)

I believe this may well be included in the GWE update for the summer UE4.26 update. would have to check after thursday's update

Although I wouldn't say BTM is a "little stop", I know what you mean. Unfortunately DTG don't yet have the timetable technology in place to allow extensions in this way. They can certainly add map tiles, but the issue seems to be how to differentiate between 1D18 going from London to Reading (and then onto Oxford) or 1D10 going from London to Oxford, because those who own the base DLC alone would need the latter (and associated points, rewards and medals), those who own the extension would need to know if they need to complete BOTH runs to get both medals or if one run would cover both etc etc
    All depends on how the various systems within the game cover the various rewards and so on

• Like Like x 1
  3. dsteer55

dsteer55 New Member

GWE and a lot more needs a update anyway for the information signs I’m hoping maybe then we will see a more modern version of it. Castle class hsts would be cool!

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If they update GWE (which they've said repeatedly they won't) then it would be for the 800s and Elizabeth lines, so the HST wouldn't be running then.
    And Castle class HSTs don't run into Paddington either. They're short set versions used in the West Country and South Wales...

• Like Like x 1
  5. dsteer55

dsteer55 New Member

I know but it would be nice for a more modern great western.

6. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

A class 180 would be nice if FirstGroup allows DTG to use the FGW colours

• Like Like x 1
  7. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

If DTG add the 180 in any form, I will make a livery that says 'youl be going nowhere'

• Like Like x 1
  8. dsteer55

dsteer55 New Member

Bit annoying that FirstGroup waited for DTG to make the livery. And then said no GWE needs a update. Class 800s and stuff running aswell as the hsts