Rapid Transit V2 Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kosti.nuuja, May 11, 2021.

1. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It is the same kind of problem. The parking brake button does not give you any clue about if it is set or not.

In my case, first time I couldn't get the train moving I tried applying and releasing emergency brakes and isolating sifa / pzb. It didn't work, so I shut the train down completely (including the battery) and restarted it. I could move the train, so I restarted the service a few times doing less and less steps of the start procedure until I found out I just needed to close the circuit breaker. If the cab screen showed that I had no power at the beginning I would have thought about the pantograph and circuit breaker immediately and skipped everything else.

I thought I had the workaround, so I just finished that service.

Right after that I loaded another service, tried the same workaround (closing the circuit breaker) and this time it does not work!!!!
    So I was like .... what is going on?

Luckily after a minute I thought about the parking brake, but I could have easily missed it since initially I thought it was the same problem I had with the previous service.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The parking brake got me but that’s nothing new in RT, I think I’ve been caught out by that in the past. What got me more was the silence in the Talent 2 cab. Just the sound of my PS4 fan to accompany my short journey through the tunnels, and the loud objective completed ping. I’ve written (and deleted before posting) a couple of rant posts about the sound in the update but I can sum it up here that I am far from impressed with what appears to be somewhere between a halfhearted and a wholly incompetent attempt at getting sound out of some trains.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Found another bug with the DB BR 182. Applying power while the reverser is set to Neutral makes the train go forward as if the reverser was set to Forward.

4. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

And how long was this in QA again?

5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I was going to revisit RT after I updated earlier but upon reading this thread before delving in, I think I'll give it a miss.

What is the point of them having a QA team when they miss glaring obvious problems like some listed in posts above!?! DTG may as well just make the amendments (I won't call them fixes) and just release to the community, instead of us waiting weeks/months of QA investigating and failing to find problems, the community will have a redo fix list in no time at all, as proven in this thread!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Probably not that long. It was waiting for QA for much longer than it was actually in QA.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

This can be quite a tough and grumpy crowd!

So, I would encourage you to check it out yourself rather than judge the new RT solely by the criticism here.

Yes, there are issues, but there is some really cool stuff, too. I am looking forward to spending more time in Rapid Transit.

8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Had my first run on RT for months and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Nothing to complain about, but I wasn’t looking for bugs.

Dtg have never been good with bushes.
    Too few tiles to begin with so they quickly become a very noticable pattern.

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Since you're on PC, you can fix it easily enough. Just search the forums for "engine.ini"

10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I honestly never spent much time on RT before, so enjoying the new timetable quite a bit as it's practically a new route for me.

One question- how do i unisolate PZB in the BR 143? I swear i looked all over the cabin, but no luck? I'm on xbox, so not looking for a keyboard shortcut. Thanks!

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  11. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

This is the really maddening part. The patches were held back for several months due to "testing", and when they arrived there were immediately glaring bugs in there. One doesn't even have to be a tester to notice these so I do think the QA procedure has to be made much more efficient somehow.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It is in the engine room, not the cabin ;)

binari Screenshot 2021.05.12 - 21.31.47.97.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I can confirm this. I've had the same yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

This really raises the question if the so called "Quality Assurance" was even doing anything at all. I mean I still appreciate the update, no doubt about that. Really gave Rapid Transit new life. But hey, if you're adding LZB to an old loco shouldn't you then do a run with said loco to see if it works? Shouldn't you then see that the LZB "release" when its coming to an end doesn't work? Or the instrument lighting... Y'all could've hired me and I would've discovered all this stuff and I'm by no means an expert. Still appreciate the update though.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I think the update was good overall, even If i cant use the whole new timetable because i dont have the RT 182.

But there are still bugs like those already mentioned, but i found that there are still heavy issues with the scenarioeditor, i cant get a Green light from Dessau Bahnsteig 3 (which worked before), because the game doesn't set a path (switches are wrong and so the Signal is red). Setting the same path with the ingame console works just fine, but the game cant do it itself how it looks. This happens on other stations too (e.g.Bitterfeld Platform 4)

• Like Like x 1
  17. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm having the same problem. The only solution I found: "Off the rails". And now, we have the green light and our path is mapped out.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Inked20210514021204_1_LI.jpg what exactly is going on with the track rendering now ?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Not sure if anybody mentioned it, but I had a strange pis bug on my run 1456 to Connewitz BR182
    The PIS in opposite direction showed the next train delayed for 999 Minutes...,arriving at 00:14.

20. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Noticed the same

21. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I still feel very conflicted about this update. I'm really happy it happened, and it was really neccesary. I really aplreciate the new timetable, and understand that taking on an old route isn't the easiest of jobs (it's like re-weaving the fabric of a shirt that's already made as far as I know)

However, the update introduced some quite irritating bugs and issues (like the marker at the Leipzig Messe headshunt being in the buffer and some pathing issues), some of which are apperantly also present on HHL (like the LZB and gauge light issues on the BR 182), so not all of the issues were made by the preserved collection team.

DTG hopefully has noted all the feedback in these issues, and I really hope that they provide fixes soon, definetely for the bugs also on HHL. I'll give them some time to do so before whining too much about it, but I truly wonder how some of the issues slipped through QA.

This route and many others have waited for QA for a very long time, and if the product that is released after QA still needs so much player feedback to fix, why bother with QA? That's not a rhetorical question. Maybe it would be better to just release an initially broken product to (part of) the playerbase and let them play with it and find and list all bugs (and believe me, if there is a bug, this playerbase will find it, and make it very clear that there is a bug). Then after a week or 2 all issues that should normally be found by QA will be clear and listed, and the product can go into fixing. At the end a fixed product will be released, that didn't have to sit idle waiting for QA that doesn't find all the issues.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  22. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump but since the latest update to core and features added on some old preserved routes released last week, I was wondering if the missing ICE issue had been resolved on this route, I'm sure I remember Adam saying it will be released in the rush hour release.

• Like Like x 1
  23. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Yes, the ICE can be spotted in Bitterfeld now...
    [​IMG]

every hour at minute 17 at platform one northbound

[​IMG]

and at minute 47 southbound on platform 4

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  24. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Had to give up driving the 442 as there are no bogie run sounds hardly, now if DtG can replicate this then it would be driveable imo, not asking to "copy" the sounds but to emulate them!

• Like Like x 1