[poll] Do You Think The Boston Sprinter Training Tutorials Take Too Long To Complete?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cloudyskies21, Aug 29, 2021.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I wanted to see what people's views are surrounding the length in time it takes to complete a training module. I finally completed all three on Boston Sprinter and personally I think they were too drawn out time-wise.

For example, it took me almost 25mins to complete the Amtrak ACS-64 tutorial - way too long. I found it unnecessary, like with the cab car tutorial, to have to drive ten miles all the way to Alttleboro. I don't recall many other non-Rush Hour route training modules being more than ten minutes to finish.

I also don't like the amount of unrealistic traffic - compared with service mode - that passes you on the tutorial, if I remember correctly you pass around two/three Amtraks and a whole load of MBTA trains.

Normally, I want to get my first experience of a route and its stations when starting to drive a proper timetabled service instead of seeing a bit of it in the tutorial.

2. renaldo444

renaldo444 Member

I should understand it when it's showing you how all the safety checks and warnings and systems work but yeah you have right 25 min to long for what you need to know as basics.

But when they should show how all the safety things work and systems I should not agree :) have a nice day ;)