Interior Camera Shift Is Useless

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doomotron, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The interior camera shift currently is unusable because you cannot look around in many views and therefore cannot press on the buttons. If we had the precision mode where we could move the crosshair back it would be useful, but at the moment there is literally no point in doing it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I noticed I could move the camera in the interior views on Boston, but yes I'm sure I've had others that were locked in place so no obvious way to interact with controls. Maybe this is something which will need to be applied as routes are revisited by the preservation crew.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve been saying this for nearly a year now (I use a keyboard for switching the internal cameras) and it does need to be looked at. There is at least one newer loco where the internal camera does move around but not far enough to get the centre dot to everywhere you need it, so it’s not confined to the older trains. All the internal cameras should be made to rotate freely all around and not have limits on them, which is probably easier than bringing the cursor to immersion controls. I was hoping it would be done by Adam’s team but so far it’s probably far down the big list of changes and may never get done.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

When I tried the internal view yesterday on something I thought, what is the use of that. To me most of the views seemed to be just a frozen photo type of thing.

• Like Like x 2