Showing Dual Cab Locos On The Map

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JellyScrub, Aug 27, 2021.

1. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

For some trains, the 9 map shows the train running backwards due to the loco changing direction. While this makes sense for a loco that has an obvious front and back like a GP38, it doesn't make a lot of sense for something that has a cab at both ends. A Class 40, BR 185, BR 101 etc can all be driven facing either way. My suggestion is to change how these locomotives appear on the 9 map. The 9 map should also show if they have dual cabs.

This is a Class 40 appearing backwards, even though its running perfectly fine. My suggestion would have both ends of the rectangle being pointed. 20210827173352_1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

this has always bugged me too, not to mention the game doesnt adjust the Gradient Hud when driving in the second cab so you gotta think backwards with it

3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I thought the gradient bug fix was part of the latest release.

4. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Tbf my TSW Hasnt updated yet

5. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

Yeah I believe the gradient bug is fixed, so it's just the map that could do with an update to show both cabs

6. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

I believe double-ended locos still have a nominal "front", ie some controls/fuses will be in the front cab but not the rear (Class 66 AWS fuse comes to mind)

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It might look odd on the map but it shows you if you are driving at the number 1 end or the number 2 end and that can be useful. Of course having a Class 40 shown with a pointy end is a bit odd anyway, so having it pointing backwards isn’t really an issue. A Class 40 with two pointy ends? That would render the point of the point pointless, and look even more odd.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yep, map shows where the number 1 end is rather than "the front"... It helps when certain controls are in the number 1 cab so does have relevance.
    Of course to some people "the pointy end should always be the front" helps mentally but would actually spoil it for a few locos (such as the BR class 91 which really does have a blunt end) or even the 20 which has a nose and a flat end