Still Can Not Play South Eastern High Speed Post The Major Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thommo1999, Aug 30, 2021.

1. thommo1999

thommo1999 New Member

Hello,

I brought the South Eastern High Speed route and was literally able to play it for one day before the major new update was released. Ever since have not been able to play.

I have tried everything suggested to fix it. Redownloaded the routes multiple times, redownloaded the game itself multiple times, rebooted my console (PS4), still doesn't work.

The funny thing is, two weeks prior I purchased the East Coastway route and that still works fine.

Not going to lie I'm not very impressed, $31 and I was only able to play the route for one day? Honestly I love this game, it is by far the most detailed and accurate train sim game, graphically and factually that you'll be able to get and I understand things happen, technology isn't always flawless. But it's fair to say bar the Boston Route being introduced, for every other add-on this update has been a disaster.

There will have to be another update or at very least a patch released at some point to fix this probably, because as I've said I've tried everything suggested in here and nothing has worked.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention, thanks.

2. ace

ace Member

Yes I wish they would post something for everyone who’s waiting on fixes.

3. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the update has screwed alot of routes. DTG have fixed alot of them. Many remain broken. Best thing to to is wait for an update announcement from DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sistros

sistros Member

Are you experiencing crashes on the route?

I hope DTG soon :)

5. Railfan1985

Hopefully Sistros. How are you finding the core update btw? I really like it. Only thing I'm not keen on is the scrolling route selection screen. But i can live with that if it means quicker load times :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. sistros

sistros Member

I'm actually really liking it so far :)
    I like now we have station names on the map, and more people alighting and entering trains (though they mostly have an unusual habit of all wanting to travel backward facing) things seem a lot smoother too, plus faster loading.

My issues seem to be crashing on the South Eastern high speed route (St Pancras-Faversham)
    and a crash on GWE but I'm going to re-test that one tomorrow.

Hopefully all these issues will be sorted soon.
    And hopefully everyone has their DLC back too.
    We may not all be in the same boat regarding the differing issues, but we all seem to be sailing the same ocean ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Railfan1985

Yeah, the station names were a welcome addition. I'd wanted them for a long while. Love the gradient profile as well. All in all its fantastic, a massive improvement overall. Yup, thats why i love this site. We may have different issues, but we come together to try and sort those issues out.

8. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Great to have the map but the font size and colour for the names of the stations are not very good for older eyes

• Like Like x 1
  9. thommo1999

thommo1999 New Member

10. thommo1999

thommo1999 New Member

Update 1/09/21: I decided to try deleting, redownloading the game and then the add ons followed by restarting my PS4 and Southeastern High Speed now shows up again. Thank you to all for your contributions.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Railfan1985

Font size is too small. I don't like the orange colour either. Hopefully both will be changed.

• Like Like x 2