How To Invert Y-axis For Camera.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jjhlh, Aug 31, 2021.

1. jjhlh

jjhlh New Member

Hi. I just bought TSW 2 Rush Hour for PS5. Can someone please tell me how I can invert the Y-axis for the camera? I saw it as an option during the initial tutorial but must have made a mistake. Now I can’t figure out how to repeat that tutorial so I can change it, and I don’t see any options to change the Y-axis of the camera in the settings. I’m sure I’m missing it somewhere as this is as basic as it gets, but I can’t figure it out. Thank you for any help.

2. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

It in the settings under the "Control" tab

3. jjhlh

jjhlh New Member

I’ve spent over an hour on this and still can’t figure it out. I must be an idiot but I’ve never encountered this problem before. I’m in “Control Guide”. How do I get to settings?

4. jjhlh

jjhlh New Member

I finally figured it out. The Settings menu is hidden. You have to hold L1 to bring it up. I wish they made it more user friendly for beginners.

5. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Ah yes, I forgot to mention you need to hold L1 first in the pause menu to bring out the settings option. Glad you found it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Stupid question of the day.

What is the Y-axis and what’s it for?

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s the camera up and down controls. Normal Y-axis means you move your control stick down (towards you) to look down, up (away from you) to look up. An inverted Y-axis is when you want to move your control stick down to look up, up to look down, the same way an aircraft joystick works for adjusting pitch. It also mimics the way your head moves when looking up and down. Your head is pulled back to look up into the sky for instance so is more intuitive than the ‘normal’ Y-axis setting for many people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1