Boston Sprinter "cold As Ice" Mbta Scenario Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nailomar44, Aug 28, 2021.

1. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

So here is my problem, the "Cold as ice" MBTA scenario crash often and to avoid doing it again I need to save, but when I load my save the train is not set up as it was before I save, for example, I always turn on the backlight for the Cab car and the passenger light are always on as well, but when I load my save both of theme are off and when I want to turn them on it doesn't work, if you know the procedure to set up the train again for turning on backlights and the passenger's lights I'll be grateful or even better if you know how to avoid the crash, (because I like doing my scenario without saving at some point and quit and go back in it I pretty much doing it at once without a break), Thank you for reading this report

2. Officer2506

Officer2506 Well-Known Member

This scenario is a bit tricky. Had taken me at least 5 tries. Crashes seems to be a graphics card related issue.

Try the following things:

1. Install or downgrade to the latest stable (recommended) graphics card driver (in my case AMD Adrenalin 21.6.1).
    2. Go to the in-game Settings > Screen > and change the Window Mode from “Fullscreen” to “Window”.
    3. Go to the in-game Settings > Screen > and change the Graphics Preset from “Ultra” to “High” (or lower).
    4. Start the scenario and only press the buttons that you are asked to do (no safety systems, lights, etc.) throughout the scenario.
    5. Don't save, don't pass signals at danger, don't reload and don't contact the signaller throughout the scenario.

Finally by doing all this steps i was able to complete this scenario without crashes, stuck AI trains or permanently red signals.

Hope this works on your end aswell.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I agree, this scenario is very difficult, especially the return run. With ATC and ASCES enabled, you may arrive to the Stoughton and the stations on the return trip a few minutes late, if speed and signal limits are not followed.

4. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

Thank you for your reply I really need it :) although I don't how can I downgrade my Nvidia Graphic Card version.

5. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

Also, are these steps also need to be followed for timetable mode ? I hope not.

6. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

For the time being, I'd run any Boston routes without the safety systems.
    This way, you can 'speed' a little, complete the scenario and still get a gold.
    Maybe I was lucky, but I managed to complete this on my first try.
    I think downgrading graphics drivers is a little extreme just to complete a game level. I'd suggest just lowering your graphics settings for a run, see if that helps.

7. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

What safety system are you talking about?

8. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Enabling ATC / ACESS? in the cupboard behind you. The driver warning works fine.
    They should be off by default, I was assuming that you were turning them on :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  9. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

With them on, I arrived to Boston South station approximately 5 minutes late. With all the emergency stops that occured throughout the run, I received a gold medal at the end of the scenario. With ATC and ASCES on, the signal limit permitted me to travel at approximately 30-45mph for the return trip between Canton Junction and Boston Back Bay stations. I kind of expedted those limites though as the weather for this scenario took place in snowy conditions. Quite an interesting run none the less. I run at high graphics settings instead of ultra.

10. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

I was never so happy to get an achievement, my god, that was very hard, but at least I got gold

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks folks! Worked for me!
    I tried several times but could not finish this cursed scenario with all the crashes and signalling bugs after reloading. So I followed your advice (checked the video driver, set lower graphics preset, did not use ATC / ACES, did not save/load) and was able to complete it at last!

So true, mate!! Hard earned Tick Tock!! :D
    Cold as Ice.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Yeah FWIW I didn't use ATC/ACSES and completed Cold as Ice easy, first time. With ATC/ACSES... god help you.

13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Had a chance to run this scenario tonight with all the safety systems and experienced a crash as I was departing Canton Junction. Restarted the game and ran it for a second time with all the safety systems on, and was able to complete it without further issues.

14. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just finished this scenario with both ACECS and ATC enabled and have to admit, this run is brilliant. Pretty much on time for all outbound stations except the last since I had to wait for the single line to be available.

Weather deteriorated and was running behind another service on the return trip so was running under approach mediums and even had a red, was late according to the schedule, but that would be expected since most time tables do not take into account bad weather and adverse traffic. Anyway had a blast - hint to those who want a simulator… <CTRL><6> turns off the useless (imho) scoring and let’s you concentrate on driving the signals… :)

If I remember correctly, GWE was complained about having nothing but green runs, and when we get a run where you have adverse signals, then the complaint is that you can’t keep to schedule…. Really?

• Like Like x 6
  15. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

I think the complaints aren't about being late, it's that the game incentivizes being on time, which is often impossible. Were there a grading/scoring system focusing on following protocols and comfort, I think people would respond better.

Kind of the same way that I feel Train Simulator's career system is unnecessarily punitive.

16. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

That is why I ignore it completely and focus on driving the train. :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. seniorgamer#7480

seniorgamer#7480 New Member

Don’t know why this game has a save menu, when the reloads have issues