Foundations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by philwest#7393, Aug 31, 2021.

1. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Playing Rush Hour on PS5, having made up my train, left Pawtucket, how long should I be waiting for the signal to enter Providence, I am now running late, I have a red signal, after contacting the signalman I get a proceed at restricted speed. I am 0 yds from the signal!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  2. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

I believe if they give you the ok to proceed at caution, you can go.

P.S., I have not played Rush Hour, nor do I have it. I am speaking from experience with other scenarios. I hope I didn't cause you to SPAD.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  3. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

If memory serves, you'll probably be stuck at that light for a good few minutes. You can use the map to track the trains that are causing the red signal.

And yes, it takes some nifty driving to make up the lost time.

4. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Ended up passing the signal at danger after checking the map.

5. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Just ran it again myself. Didn't stop at all on the way to providence, just kept contacting the signalman who advised to proceed at a reduced speed. Went through the red light about 20 mph, didn't SPAD.

Was running late already, mind you, by the time I'd built my consist. Hit that red light about 7:55.

6. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Don’t know if this is a bug or a bad scenario!

7. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Yeah, on other routes where you need to contact the signalman to proceed through a red, the light usually changes but it doesn't here. Not sure if that's something about American routes or, as you say, a bug.

8. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Arrived at Canton Junction, another red light passed at danger, why?
    This scenario doesn’t make sense!!
    Ran 30 minutes late and still got a gold medal!

9. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

The red light into Providence is coz you're going, as Limmy would put it, the Wrong Way Down a One Way Street!!, i.e. you're going down the up track.

I left Sharon about 10 mins late, heading to Canton Junction. Hit the red about a mile out. Just contacted the signalman who advised to proceed at restricted speed (was doing below 40 mph at this point). Not sure why that was a red.

Think coz there's so much to do, it's easier to score high on this scenario, so you should earn enough points to get the gold, even if you're quite late.

10. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

You will never be on time, assembling your train with the 5mph takes much longer than your allowed. If your using safety systems your never allowed to run at line speeds. The way they allow multiple trains in blocks you will have to request permission at several red signals. I think my fastest was 8 mins late at end

• Like Like x 1
  11. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

To everyone that responded to this discussion, thanks very much for your help, I could really use a lot more information on Boston Sprinter! Come on DTG, give us a manual, I am sure I won’t be the only one that doesn’t get this system.

• Like Like x 1