Preserved Collection Controls

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just realised that playing the preserved collection on TSW2 requires the ‘Classic Control’ settings.

You have to acknowledge this fact when loading a preserved collection route. It never occurred to me that the preserved collection would not get the new immersion control settings, so this is a bit disappointing.

Hopefully this can be rectified as having the door controls go from simple left and right D Pad commands to having to enter that awful menu to open them is going to get confusing to the old muscle memory.

Also no zoom function available :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

My muscle memory is stressing out. I keep operating the wrong doors.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

TrainSim-Matt
    Are the immersion controls coming to preserved collection at some point? I think this is going to be a much needed feature so there is one set of consistent controls across all DLC. I keep confusing the doors when switching between preserved and new content, which has gotten quite old quite fast.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. smokeyloco

smokeyloco New Member

You can set Immersion control if you start the scenario with Classic, then when it is loaded you can just switch to Immersion.
    I have no idea why they just not set it to Immersion in the beginning, it is kinda stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

Classic controls are better, especially if you had TSW2020. Immersion controls is stupid, touch the d-pad by accident and the doors are opened.

6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

As opposed to touching the left stick by accident and moving the reverser…

they both have upsides and downsides.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Well it’s good to see they’re now porting immersion controls into preserved routes, what’s always bugged me about it though, is that you cannot back out of that warning screen, which almost makes it pointless asking you to confirm it.

8. box215

box215 Active Member

Youve been able to use immersion controls on preserved collections routes (including scenarios) since the very beginning (since the first persevered collections routes became available to play in TSW2)
    Set your controls to classic in settings before you load your route, then change to immersion controls once the route is loaded (as smokeyloco mention above)

I'm with rustyknight07 - prefer the classic controls anyway
    I'm unable to drive hudless effectively with immersion controls using a controller, since there's no precision pointer with immersion controls
    At least they fixed some of this with the operations shift, but still not as much freedom as using the precision pointer IMO

• Like Like x 1
  9. smokeyloco

smokeyloco New Member

Better for you. I never managed to open the doors accidentaly.