PC Unnecessary Emergency Brake On Ska

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kosti.nuuja, Aug 31, 2021.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

When I'm driving an ICE service towards Aachen, unnecessary emergency braking will occur nearby Eschweiler. All signals are green.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The signal may have been a flashing green in which case if you're driving with PZB on you need to acknowledge the signal as you're passing it..

3. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

There was not even flashing signals. The braking just happened.

4. sukihersch

sukihersch Member

I am assuming you are driving with PZB as otherwise I can't see any way an emergency braking would be triggered. There is a decrease in speed limit from 160km/h to 120km/h shortly before Eschweiler station. Per this extrememly informative article: http://www.sh1.org/eisenbahn/rindusi4.htm found in a forum member's signature, PZB requires that on passing the yellow triangle notifying you of the upcoming reduction in speed limit, you must decelerate to below 135km/h within the next 645m, otherwise emergency braking will be triggered. I imagine this is what has happened to you, but if this does not seem to be the case please provide greater detail

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Near Eschweiler? You did respond to the LZB Ende message with PZB/LZB Free (Frei) right? The LZB Ende point should be about 10km before Eschweiler (more close to Langerwehe).

Without a clip I can't give any other advice.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021