Great British Railways Logo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shhweeet#4292, Aug 30, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Does anyone find the Great British Railways logo which is a variation of the old British Rail double arrow strangely comforting? Maybe it’s just old farts like me who live in the UK and like to reminisce about the eras of our youth who feel this way?;) Even the adverts on the telly are comfortably retro feeling.

From wiki ……
    GBR will use a slightly modified British Rail Double Arrow and the Rail Alphabet 2 typeface for branding. The Williams-Shapps plan states that there will be a single, unifying brand for railways, and it is expected that this will be a gradual rebranding over time. English regions, Scotland, and Wales will have their own variants, but these will still emphasise the national nature of GBR. The white paper does not specify whether the branding of devolved railways such as London Overground and Merseyrail will be affected

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

3. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

I’m very happy they are still keeping the double arrows logo, but I wonder how they are going to do the rest of the branding for example:
    1) are they going to go back to BR blue and white
    2) will trains still retain the yellow fronts as that’s no longer a legal requirement according to Geoff Marshal

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

1 - I am sure they'll have some form of corporate style (yet more money wasted on repaints and fit outs rather than things like OHLE or efficiency) but I doubt it'll be as dull as a one paint colour job. The world has moved on
    2 - I believe that's tied to the lighting provided on the front of the train. If the lights are of a certain intensity then the hazard awareness function of the yellow panel is no longer required.