Trans Pennine Express From Liverpool And Manchester To York

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jackthelad258, Aug 30, 2021.

1. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I think we are due a northern passenger service on TSW 2 and therefore I am proposing a new route between Liverpool/Manchester to York for TransPennine Express comprising of the following routes:

- Liverpool Lime Street to Scarborough (as far as York) calling at Lea Green, Manchester Victoria, Stalybridge, Huddersfield, Leeds, Garforth, York
    - Manchester Airport to Redcar Central (as far as York) calling at Gatley, Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Oxford Road, Manchester Victoria, Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Leeds, York
    - Liverpool Lime Street to Edinburgh (as far as York) calling at Newton-le-Willows, Manchester Victoria, Huddersfield, Leeds, York
    - Manchester Airport to Newcastle (as far as York) calling at Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Oxford Road, Manchester Victoria, Huddersfield, Leeds, York
    - Manchester Piccadilly to Hull (as far as Leeds) calling at Stalybridge, Huddersfield, Leeds
    - Manchester to Huddersfield calling at Stalybridge, Mossley, Greenfield, Marsden, Slaithwaite
    - Huddersfield to Leeds calling at Deighton, Mirfield, Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury, Batley, Morley, Cottingley
    The route between Manchester and York runs for 24 hours, with TPE running services though the night.

Route map

upload_2021-8-30_20-59-55.png

Rolling stock used

Class 68

[​IMG]

Class 185

[​IMG]

Class 802

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and what you're basically doing is a modern Huddersfield Line the NTP Manchester Victoria to Leeds City via Standege Tunnel & Huddersfield. The Manual will then resemble NTP with the AWS TPWS DSD from 1989 onwards route basically Tees Valley SEHS BML & GWML network rail

• Like Like x 1
  3. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I was actually thinking even more modern from say 2006-2007 since the Class 185 entered service around that time. It is also one of the most picturesque routes that would be great to have on TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

2000% YES, YES, YES!
    I’d love to see Lime Street in TSW 2 and this livery and train set are all very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

As long as Darth Vaders included I'll buy it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Great suggestion with the up to date Nova trains. We still need Class 123 and 124 TP dmus as dlc for the original NTP route.

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean Present Day Northern Trans-Pennine with Leeds City having 1989 era 25kv 50hz overhead contact system