How About An Update On Our Missing Content Dovetail?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ace, Sep 1, 2021.

1. ace

ace Member

UPDATE: as of Sept 1st in the US everything is back to normal for me. Old post: I know they want us to stick all of our missing content update questions in one forum page, but I think a more frequent update is required. How about every couple of days? Just a “ hi everybody, we are still working away at it” kind of response would be helpful to everybody missing DLC. We all know your working hard on a fix, but it’s been almost two weeks since the dlc issues happened. I’m missing 3 routes and 3 engines that I paid full price for at the time. Any progress? Well let us know please. Communication is key in a situation like this, and I don’t feel like I’ve heard anything in days and I’ve been checking the forum regularly.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Big man it’s fixed init since like 5 days ago

3. ace

ace Member

No it’s not. I’m still missing three routes and three trains.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

If you bother to read the update you would see that there are two locos that are missing.

Presumably you did re-download the three routes?

I have everything I had before minus those two locos.

5. pistiglione

pistiglione New Member

leipzigs2sbahn and tsw2westsmoersetrailway are working for you?

6. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Those two are still not working for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Same

• Like Like x 1
  8. MaxDiehard

MaxDiehard New Member

I've got so much content missing. It's all installed, but the game is not detecting it.

Worst of all, some routes are even showing prices on the store page as if I haven't even purchased it. What the hell?

• Like Like x 1
  9. wildweasel48

wildweasel48 New Member

Cane Creek is still showing needs updated.
    I’m in US
    PS4

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Have you followed the rebuild instructions on JDs post? If you have then report it because you should be able to play most things if you have followed those instructions

11. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I hope this doesn't come across as too negative but I don't feel like I need empty updates telling us they are "working on it". Yes, communication is nice and they've asked us to post our outstanding issues in the thread. However I do sincerely trust they haven't just forgotten that there was a major issue with the update and are still working to rectify the issues and so don't need them to reassure me or hold my hand and tell me everything will be okay.

• Like Like x 2
  12. universal.chris

Maybe I'm just an overly patient and calm person, I hope that doesn't offend anybody.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ace

ace Member

No they are not.

14. ace

ace Member

I’ve downloaded multiple times. What’s missing is still missing. I’ve downloaded every way I can and the routes and engines are still gone.

15. ace

ace Member

Same thing here. That’s why I’d like an update on what’s happening from Dovetail. 3 routes and 3 engines still missing. And the store says I’ve virtually bought nothing even though I’ve purchased most of the DLC. I have done the exact method that Dovetail laid out in the forum and what’s missing is still missing.

16. ace

ace Member

I’d like an update. You might not and that’s fine. I’m not asking for one everyday just drop us a line once in a while.

17. ace

ace Member

I can play 30 of my 36 DLC’s. Still waiting on the last 6.

18. ace

ace Member

Yeah, no.

19. ace

ace Member

West Sommerset, Rapid Transit, and Wuppertal-Hagen still not working along with the, BR 20, DB BR 155 and LIRR M3.

20. universal.chris

Oh for sure, I get it, it is a very frustrating situation. I'm just not entirely sure what they are supposed to say. I'd assume it would sound something along the lines of "We've been in constant contact with Sony and are working on a solution. Thanks for your patience". I think JD has said something along those lines aways down the thread asking for more info about missing add-ons. But that's naturally what I assume is going on behind the scenes and the only alternative to that that comes to mind is "Hey folks we've decided to walk away from this issue for awhile" which I really don't think is happening. I know I would be deeply upset if they said something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  21. simworld#5272

simworld#5272 Member

All is working for me except rtbr182.

22. universal.chris

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. ace

ace Member

August 27 is five days ago. I'd just like to know what's up? In in age of instant communication a helpful note on progress would be cool. Obviously they aren't giving up on fixing the the issues but it will be two weeks tomorrow. I'm not asking for a report everyday I'd just like to hear about any progress being made once in a while. I feel that you think I'm being unreasonable with my request and I'm not trying to be. I'm still playing and having fun with what I did get downloaded. I've also bought the season pass for Rush Hour on PS4 ( love Boston!) and the extra engine for the Southeastern line ( another great route) on my pc version of TSW 2 since all of these issues occurred. Thankfully my TSW 2 (PC) was updated successfully but sometimes I just want to play on my big screen (PS4) and not my laptop. I eagerly await the issues being resolved like everybody else. Thanks for your feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  24. universal.chris

Hey sorry did you click on the link? I know the thread title says something "update August 27th" but if you click on the link it takes you to JD's post from yesterday within that thread. Sorry for the miscommunication, that's why I thought you were asking for daily updates.

Again, not helpful that it is somewhat buried, but it's there and I provided the link to be helpful

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  25. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Here's JD's post from yesterday for the curious.
    Text in bold's been adjusted to note the title of the thread he's referring to for the record.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. universal.chris

Thanks Mich, I'm new to forums and it seemed people quoting another thread used a link instead of copy/paste so I thought it was an etiquette thing.