Northeast Corridor Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Jul 23, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Every RR is different, although I believe that the above rule does apply here (former NYC/Conrail track). However on some RR, notably Southern, the banners/targets mean "right" and "left," not "straight" and "diverge."

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

Anyone else having issues with engine sounds for the F40PH-3C? After a few hours in timetable mode, any MBTA service I start driving (with the F40PH-3C) has no engine sounds in the cab. DTG JD

3. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

I seem to be getting a lot of AI trains running with no tail lights lit........

First pic AI rain on the far right and the second pic is an AI train that had just gone past me in the opposite direction.

TSW2_David_1630086675_00.jpg TSW2_David_1630086756_00.jpg

4. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

People are reporting issues with the F40 causing crashes, myself included.

Had this on Peninsula Corridor too

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlackSkyuk

BlackSkyuk Active Member

I'v done a timetable for this route if anyone would like to download it.
    Note:- Trains may arrive/depart up to a minute either side of time shown.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

One thing I'm curious about and cannot really tell from videos I've seen on YT, are the timetables still so tight that you have to give the passengers whiplash accelerating and decelerating in order to keep to the schedule? That has always been my issue with the passenger routes right from the First passenger route for TSW, I am hoping that it's been fixed with this latest update, but fear it hasn't. This is the deal breaker for me as to whether I buy the season ticket or not.

7. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, yes. DTG have described taking the start times from real time tables but then calculating out the rest. These calculations appear to be the way the AI trains drive which basically go from zero to the speed limit in nothing flat and stop the same way. In some routes (e.g. CCR and LIRR) I can meet the time table. On Boston, no chance best I can do is 5 minutes late, the only way. It doesn't really worry me, but I can see why it would eat at some people.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Brandon made the timetable with all the actual times.

• Like Like x 3
  9. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

But it wasn't transcribed over 1:1 in all cases. Some timings may have been altered to make it compile nicely. I haven't dug too deep into all the changes between old and new.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. BlackSkyuk

BlackSkyuk Active Member

In Boston Sprinter the train are a little slower than real life. Boston South to Back Bay in real life is 5 minutes and ingame is 7-8 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

I drive exactly the limit all the time. I don't hover a few mph below.

12. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

I think i'll give the season ticket a pass then, as much as I'd like to have this first one, it would just frustrate the hell out of me. The British route would be nice, but not essential to me and I don't touch any of the German routes I already own, so I know that I wouldn't play the other.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

A nice little detail in the ACS-64 I noticed today in this early morning run - you can play around with the displays in the cab. You can change between different display modes, like this one, where the speed and brake gauges are bigger and easier to read.

You can also toggle the brightness on the screens, and there is even a "night mode" on them, which doesn't add much over a virtual screen, just turns them bluish, but I think it's a really cute touch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By the way, it's already pretty noticeable during daylight, but at night the short draw distance of the headlight flares is really annoying. You can't see any oncoming trains unless they're 50 meters away from you.

What's funny though is that the actual light effects from their headlights get rendered, just not their headlight flare. So it looks even sillier.
    [​IMG]

It's more visible in these pictures with the ACS-64. As further back, there is no headlight flare.
    [​IMG]
    And as it gets closer, proper headlight flares appear.
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know of any mods or .ini settings that make headlight flares render from further away? Though the best would be if DTG did it themselves. I don't believe it would be much of a problem to do and the performance impact would be close to 0. At the minimum, the headlight flares should start rendering at the same time as the actual headlight light effects to. But ideally they should be visible from a great distance, like the signals.

• Like Like x 5
  14. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

All I can say is I'm having an absolute blast with this route. While there are the odd glitches here and there, and they've been acknowledged and are being worked on for the most part (Brandon's done and continues to do an awesome job), the good far outweighs the bad. For me, having spent the first thirty years of my life there, it's like coming home. Just came into South Station with Amtrak #170 about 30 seconds early. Very satisfying!!

[​IMG]

20210902194954_1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

Have you tried the mods? If you are on pc of course.

16. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

I have, though on this run, the only mod I’m using is an .ini line to scale the hud which also scales the menus and such, as well. You can see the effect of that on the performance graph pic.

17. Anthony Pecoraro

I see that.

18. seanpholland

seanpholland Member

Question on the Readville to Boston route in the Nor'easter Journey: for most of the trip, you're running on the left-hand track. Is this just a weird bug, or does this actually happen?

19. WaveyDavey

Does anyone know what these are on the tracks? Should they be there or are they a glitch? I can't remember exactly where they are but I remember them being towards the Providence and of the line in possibly a couple of locations.

TSW2_David_1630692206_00.jpg

20. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have seen those and wondered myself what they are and if they are supposed to be or if was just a mistake and forgot to remove them.

21. solicitr

Whereas what they should be doing is using the RL start and arrival times.

NB: on German routes and possibly NEC, AI trains always drive at line speed regardless of signal speed limits or consist vMax.

22. Dinosbacsi

What's going on in this scenario in chapter 3 of the journey, when the game tells you to drive into this building?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mean it's already funny by itself, but actually doing it even derails your train and ends your session, so it's impossible to complete.

23. Anthony Pecoraro

Defect Dectectors

• Like Like x 2
  24. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

They look like either defect detectors or dragging equipment detectors.
    CM20190624-0ba93-216f0.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  25. WaveyDavey

Thanks for confirming that guys.

26. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Haha it sucks that realism is being mistaken as a glitch. I worked with one of the guys to add those in. They're dragging equipment detectors. True to life.

• Like Like x 11
  27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, railroad reality is sometimes... weird. Just a week or two ago it was the trains being able to go through red to get couple meters behind one another :D

• Like Like x 2
  28. Michael Newbury

I wondered what those were when I was walking down the line to Boston, my original thought was that they were defect detectors. But they were missing something so I began to wonder.

• Like Like x 2
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 1
  30. Michael Newbury

• Like Like x 1
  31. WaveyDavey

In my defence we don’t have them over here in the UK. The only thing close are the HABDs (Hot Axle Box Detectors) but they look nothing like that..... and I’ve been working on the Railway 32 years as of yesterday. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  32. WaveyDavey

Ok another question...... What are the small coloured lights for on the cabcar sides? Are they to say whether the doors are open/unlocked? I noticed it was yellow when I was stopped in a station and are green when moving.... Not sure I've seen the third one lit though?

TSW2_David_1630809209_00.jpg

33. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

I believe they're brake indicators. Green = released

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes

35. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner Member

I haven't kept up with this thread since the first few days after release, but is there any indication of a fix for the broken signalling yet? I just tried running a timetable mode train originating at Stoughton and realized why I stopped attempting to run this route. Besides still being stuck with ATC enforcing 30mph on the Approach Medium leaving Stouhgton immediately, every time I've tried to run out of Stoughton I get stuck at a never changing Stop signal at Canton Jct. Map shows no trains for miles in front or behind and yet the dispatcher still won't give me permission past the stop signal or give me any kind of signal indication.

I've been looking forward to the Dresden Route this week, but I feel like I'm going to be disappointed again given the Boston-Providence issues and now seeing the somehow nonexistent services during the stream.

• Like Like x 1
  36. solicitr

Not weird in the US, where reds can be absolute Stops, or conditional Stops.

37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Even in Europe.

38. WaveyDavey

I know i asked in a seperate thread but maybe this thread is equally as good a place to ask..... Do the 7 or 8 trains that are placed in Readville shops actually get used by the game or are they just unseen & unused trains that appear to just drop the fps in the Readville area. I had assumed it was the freight cars in Readville yard that caused the fps drop in the area till I found this collection of trains all stood doing nothing just out of site.

If they are not used by the game would it not be better to get rid of them and improve the fps in that area?

TSW2_David_1630812848_00.jpg

39. HotdogDay#5435

HotdogDay#5435 New Member

MBTA Franklin #740 (Readville-Boston) needs a check/debug with the dispatcher. After leaving Readville you immediately sit at Read interlocking for 15 minutes. You don't get an indication to leave till after the scheduled time the service should end at Boston. Not sure why the train wasn't routed up Track 3 like other Franklin trains to Boston or shuffled in front of some NB commuters on Tracks 2 and 1.

Read also gives an invalid signal indication. I am assuming this is supposed to be Medium Approach (R/Y/R).
    20210907231901_1.jpg
    Read has the same odd signal indication going the other way as well:
    20210822163855_1.jpg

40. Dinosbacsi

Can someone tell me what is this section just 4 miles away from Providence, where there are a bunch of catenary poles really close to each other? Is this actually prototypical for some reason, or just a scenery issue where someone spammed too many of them?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

41. Pixelade

3 months later and the signaling is still broken. I don't even know if a fix will come at this point tbh. :/

Brandon re-did the cat poles for this route so I'm almost certain this is accurate to real-life. :)

• Like Like x 1
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes it is. I'm not sure the reason why though.

43. solicitr

The builders ran out of long pieces of wire?

• Like Like x 1
  44. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I dont have the route, but looking at Satellite images, it's mostly correct I think based where you are at. Though the abandoned Pawtucket stafion IIRC is still missing.
    Screenshot_20211207-182033_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-181724_Maps.jpg

However, there seems to be too many poles south of Broad Street.
    Screenshot_20211207-181712_Maps.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  45. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It's all gone very quiet on the fixes for the signalling, what was initially promised as a fix has now gone basically radio silence.

Sigh another route to consign to the rubbish heap. Last time I buy a DLC season ticket on day 1. From now on I'll be waiting and if a route has reported gameplay issues relating to safety systems I shallnt be buying it. Given DTG recent record looks like I'll be limited to just German DLC

• Like Like x 3
  46. Dinosbacsi

I see. Thanks for the info, glad to know it's prototypical.

I wonder if originally the abandoned station is the reason for it? Maybe it sits lower than avarage so having this many catenary poles is the best way to slowly lower the wire height in the curve?

• Like Like x 1
  47. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, there were some fixes for certain signals speed limits, but that's pretty much all.

The slow crawl to Providence is still there. Interestingly, on yesterday's run it gave me the usual 30MPH, miles ahead of Providence. Then around 2 or 1 miles from Providence it got back to 70. Wonder if it's other services sitting at Providence causing the 30 limit, or a bug with a signal after Providence or what.

I suppose the whole timetable getting into a traffic jam after a while is also still present.

48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinking. Lowering the cable to go under the low structures there. Don’t know if it’s the reason but it’s what I thought just before reading your comment.

49. Pixelade

yup. this is the main reason why I find myself not going back to the route as much [as for my gameplay style], I prefer playing 3-5 continuous hours at a time inside a timetable (without leaving the route session). That is impossible to do with these issues. The entire timetable is at standstill as soon as 90 minutes in. Sometimes I get lucky and it doesn't start locking up for nearly 2 hours, though. Gonna tag them again but doubt any fix will come. DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  50. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

A timetable or sequencing issue worth mentioning here as I've alluded to in other threads. Running the 1030ish Amtrak out of Providence to Boston get a severe ACSES check down to a stand at Canton. The dispatcher must have routed a train off the branch ahead of me as now getting a series of 30 and 45 MPH restrictions. I was running on time but now about 10 mins late approaching Route 128 stop.