2022 Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gottabedarnell, Aug 25, 2021.

1. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Any news about 2022 routes coming to TSW in 2022 as 2021 quickly coming to a close????

• Like Like x 3
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

You are joking right now aren’t you?
    There’s a major update problem on the go.

• Like Like x 3
  3. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

News on new routes coming in potentially 2022 and the End of 2021 will come after rush hour routes are all released

4. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

It will be very interesting what new routes coming in 2022

5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

If you are referring to the next wave/cycle of routes, which would *likely* be for 2022, then that info shouldn't take too long (after Rush Hour releases end) to come to the roadmap.

What these are? We don't know. Yet.
    One of the recent roadmaps hinted we'll see these shortly after Brighton Mainline releases, so let's hope.

But, there are other priorities just now.

6. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think the 2022 Routes and/or Core Update will be the Spirit of Steam Update. We really do not have enough info for a Major Update like this, one that has been wanted for years now, for it to be ready for release in December 2021 or January 2022. Plus, given the number of Issues that are bound to arise from Sprit of Steam, I am fairly sure that Dovetail and the Community do not want a repeat of rush hour so soon afterwards. The fact that we have had barely any news about the spirit of steam (Including the 3rd article that matt has been 'writing' for the last 3 odd months), not even the routes that will have steam on them, proves that Dovetail is probably not releasing any info about this until Brighton main line (I refuse to call it London commuter) comes out.

Spirit of Steam, we know has been worked on since at least January, probably longer. With such a Long Development Time, I hope we get a Damn Good Update

7. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

While I don't want DTG to release a broken Spirit of Steam update, I do hope that they have been working on it long enough that we don't have to wait another full year. It would be nice to have it come a bit earlier. After all, I've been waiting for steam since CSX Heavy Haul was first announced.

8. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

My only wish is that DTG will add a long enough U.S. cargo route in the big update next year.

9. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Totally agree!!!! That would be a huge sellar by far

10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I suspect we'll get to know more after all Rush Hour routes have been released, which should be before summer ends.

11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think a proper intercity route would sell considerably better than a US freight route.

• Like Like x 5
  12. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

We will know the next selection of routes after BML's release (probs)

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

better add an international Railway routes something like Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway that way HRR gets heavy Traffic Bochum Oberhausen via Müllheim section. Those freight trains that run to the Netherlands start at Hagen Vorhalle Rangierbanhof then Bochum Hbf via Bochum Langendreer Junction. Provided DTG decided an International route bundle on the road map. These are the likely routes Germany Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem UK Northern Ireland Ireland Newry Dublin United States Canada Niagara Falls New York Hamilton,ON.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  14. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We're changing the timing of when we add routes and locos to the roadmap so that they're not so far in advance. We might have a good idea what will be worked on in the future, but as you all know plans change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I think the focus will be on having more northern routes into and out of Manchester Piccadilly and possibly routes serving Birmingham New Street. WCML or ECML perhaps?