Rush Hour On Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richypeach2000, Sep 2, 2021.

1. richypeach2000

richypeach2000 Member

Hi All,

I’m yet to buy rush hour on my PS4 because I’ve seen some issues circulating in some threads. So, I have a couple of questions to clear up some things I’m unsure about.

1. What is the frame rate like on PS4 (not Pro)?

2. Despite the store saying PS5 only on the season ticket, does it work on the PS4?

3. How will the Dresden and Brighton routes become available in the PlayStation store, with the season ticket, when they release (will they show as ‘free’)?

4. Lastly, is Rush Hour a good experience on the PS4?

Thank you for any potential answers :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. james.caton

james.caton Member

I'm running it on a PS4 Pro and its very laggy throughout the route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

1. Base PS4 here (not pro) found the Boston route to be okay when it comes to frame rate. It gets a bit laggy when you have loads of services in one area (Boston station is a good example).

2. You can buy the season ticket whether it says PS4 or PS5 as it works fine.

3. When you buy the season ticket you get Boston, Riesa - Dresden and London - Brighton as free routes because the season ticket is paid for already to acquire the routes when they are all released.

4. I’ve found rush hour to be okay on the PS4, of course those on the PS5 might have a different experience. I like the new variety in passengers - what they wear and the fact routes like Boston feel busier with more passengers walking around. Hopefully it continues into future routes.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I am on PS4 and have bought the season ticket, Boston is not too bad, yes can get a bit laggy at really busy times but for me it’s perfectly acceptable. It depends what your expectations are really. I am just hoping we get the layers for Dresden Matt seemed quite positive……. For now :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

About performance...DTG Said that was going to look after dlcs issues got resolved...i play on Pro and got to say that performance is not that bad at ALL...

• Like Like x 2
  6. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I have a base PS4, for the most part through the route I find the framerate acceptable, in Boston and Providence stations it does get a bit choppy, not too bad driving the train or walking in the station but not sitting in the seat of the loco i.e. movement inside the loco while setting up alerters etc.. does drop enough to hinder movement

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

i have it on a base PS4 and I am enjoying it very much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ace

ace Member

For me, so far, I’ve had a great time running trains on the Boston route. I’m using my base PS4 from 5 years or so ago and I think it runs great. Is there an occasional frame drop? Well there have always been drops in TSW, but I found my experience to be pretty smooth all of the time. I like to take off motion blur, in the settings menu (towards the bottom of the menu) and I feel that that helps, but I could be imagining that. (BTW Motion Blur doesn’t seem to stay off when you shut it off. The next time you play you’ll have to shut it off again. At least that’s what I’ve found) I’ve played all the training modes and multiple timetables and I couldn’t be happier. Some people are very sensitive on the way a game is playing. I just run trains and have fun, but if it was not good for me I would tell you as I wouldn’t enjoy a subpar performance. PS: Quite a few people did say they had issues with performance but I bought it anyway because sometimes you just need to find out for yourself. And the Season Pass was a great deal.

• Like Like x 5
  9. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I love this game and love playing it on my PS4. Yes I know PS5 will give me better frame rates better draw distance better textures….. do I need all this….. I still have a ‘full’ HD TV a whopping 1080p ;) and 30fps is more than adequate (I am not gready) when I have money to burn I may upgrade and obviously DTG will eventually create TSW3 or TSW Beyond The Rails lol or whatever it will be called and I will be forced to sell a kidney to keep up with the tech demands :D (joke) but as it stands the game still holds up on current/last gen and I am so glad I found this niche game it has given me hours of enjoyment and long shall it continue. Thanks DTG.

Basically, I am saying Rush Hour is still enjoyable on last/current gen and I have committed to the season ticket because I believe the team can deliver (even if it involves the standard bugs on release)

no it’s not going to be 30fps 100% of the time but do you really think the PS5 version is 60Fps 100% of the time as well??

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Base PS4 here. Boston Sprinter has very bad frame rate when there are a lot of passengers spawned in. I think the amount of passengers on last gen should be reduced.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I am Glad that you dont work at DTG...hahahahaha...

• Like Like x 1
  12. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I'm really like how hustle-and-bustle it is with all the traffic and all the passengers that make it come alive. A couple dips in framerate seems a worthwhile sacrifice over a perfectly smooth running ghost town, but it could be just me

• Like Like x 7
  13. Mayerling

Mayerling Member

I love the Boston Sprinter route. I've been playing the hell out of it, and yeah, it has some framerate drop at some various spots, but they don't make the game at all unplayable. The new Rush Hour adds a lot of AI traffic to the route as well as more and more varied passengers. The time of the day matters now.

• Like Like x 4
  14. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

I’m loving it as well . Haven’t tried the ACSES yet as a lot have said it’s broken and it’s complicated as it is

• Like Like x 2