Ts 2022 Vs Current Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by triznya.andras, Aug 30, 2021.

1. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Hello,

aimed at DTG, might as well tag just don't dare.

There is a minor sales currently on Steam, offering a few routes at a discount, plus the bundles. Specifically, Granger and Inselbahn. Their price point is around what I'm usually okay parting with, mostly in name of supporting the company.

However, I managed to shoot myself in the foot in the past with some TS edition offering the same routes I purchased. I purchased the NJCL and Soldier Summit 3 times each. So I'm legit afraid of buying any of these offerings right now.

I suppose an announcement isn't due (and I can totally afford waiting 30 years given my backlog), but would it be possible to confirm whether any of these offerings will be part of the TS 2022 bundle?

Thanks! :)

2. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Routes from Dovetail Games that come out between yearly installments are what usually's included. Following that logic these are the following route I would avoid for now.

Tehachapi Pass: Mojave - Bakersfield
    Birmingham Cross City Line: Lichfield - Bromsgrove & Redditch
    Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden Route
    Northeast Corridor: Washington DC - Baltimore
    (Which are all a part of the sale funnily enough)

A few items from Rivet appear in the Swiss edition, last years Chinese edition included routes from Just Trains, and this years from
    Simtech Vision. The other editions feature one or two old DTG routes from the regions they're representing. So if you care about the regional editions at all that's what tends to be done with those for reference.

So for Granger and Inselbahn I would not worry about them being included as part of the three base game routes at this point, as they're from 2019. The actual routes could be included with a regional edition (US & Germany respectively) though if that matter to you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Well we're getting Birmingham XC, Washington to Baltimore and Frankfurt to koblenz. I think they're on sale?

• Like Like x 1
  4. triznya.andras

True that. That's why I asked.
    Fortunately for me I only got the other two. These three didn't get to the "veteran patient hoarder'sprice point" yet. :)
    But I also know people who have all three already.

I don't know what I'd do in DTG's shoes. Pulling these off the shelves would be silly, also not pulling them off is silly.
    The discount is more or less algorythmic (Sheffield-Derby being an outlier), I'm not seeing malice.

5. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

I would be inclined to get it so that way I can download Danny's merge of Cross City with WCML South and the 323 sound fix from Alan Thomson.

Plus being able to relive the days of MSTS with the NEC Washington to Baltimore. To be honest they should just give existing players those routes for free as part of the update and if you want deluxe just pay extra for the new route

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Sale of TS2022 is not aimed at Current users but to get people to take up the game.
    The only thing to possibly tempt current users is the Add On route in the Deluxe version - which has not been announced yet.

Either way TS2021 users will be playing TS2022 with the Free Upgrade of the Core Engine
    You just don't get the routes that come with it
    Why is it silly to continue to sell these items as stand alone?
    Almost every DLC that has been released with the yearly update is still available to purchase.
    Those not available were withdrawn for a number of reasons - usually License related like NWC

Peter

7. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Where can I download Danny’s merge from?

8. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. triznya.andras

You absolutely do. I've been buying every edition from 2015 all the way to 2021.
    I don't need to play fresh released routes right away, given my massive backlog, so I just don't buy them.
    Of course to people who buy everything upon release these are useless, as you say. I know people like that.

You can buy them for 30€ alone or you can buy them for 30€ in a package with two other routes.
    Basically, whoever buys either of these three routes today is at best an impatient impulse buyer.
    Or uninformed, which very quickly leads to misled. No hard feelings about it, just read my opening post.
    Once the yearly pack is discontinued, selling it individually is fine. It's just funny how their price goes up from 10€ to 30€. Hence suggesting to keep the package as is. Unless individual products are (much) cheaper.

10. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I said " Either way TS2021 users will be playing TS2022 with the Free Upgrade of the Core Engine
    You just don't get the routes that come with it"
    You did not read my post.
    You only get the routes IF You BUY TS2022
    Those people who do not buy it will still be playing TS2022 because the Core Upgrade is FREE

Peter

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. triznya.andras

Alright, I see now. Sorry, kind of. ;)
    I was considering your post in the context of the thread, which is about getting routes with TS 2022.
    We just disagree about who TS 2022 package is for, and then it all diverges. I was reading your post in a circular fashion.

• Like Like x 2
  13. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Any news on the route for the deluxe version as we cannot be far off a release date?

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member