Ntp Route Extension: Healey Mills

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Sep 1, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

This is for IF Dovetail works out Route extensions, This extension Branches off the Main route from Mirfield, making its way to Healey Mills, which from there heads to Wakefield Kirkgate, from there rejoining the route at Leeds.
    Healey mills at this time was a Marshaling yard with a Hump and a Depot, though only for freight locos.

This extensions has an Effect on the Oil trains of HFP, Instead of what would normally be a AI Driving to and from a Portal at Mirfield is now you continue the journey to and from Healey mills.
    It could also add a few more Services with the Class 101.
    along side those it brings Coal trains to NTP.

Lets talk locos shall we?:
    Whats a route extension that brings a New section without new locos to go with it?
    Lets start with the
    BR Class 56:
    to put it Simply, this is the HFP Class 40 of this extensions being the Main hauler, these locos are fairly heavily requested locos so this could be a good opportunity to add them. these units may also layer into TVL.
    BR Class 56.jpg

BR Class 03:
    and this is the HFP 08 of this extension, being the smaller shunter, of course these can be used at Healey Mills marshalling yard, these units may be Substituted for the Class 08.
    BR Class 0300.jpg

21ton coal hopper:
    and to finish this section off, the 21ton coal hopper is here to be the coal wagon, i did mention coal trains after all.
    hooper.jpg

This extension can also allow the Layering of TVL Trains into NTP, Something that can really enhance the Freight nature of this Extensions.

I Swear its the End:
    And thats it, like i said its a IF Dovetail works out extension kinda deal, if it was Standalone it wouldnt be very good, i hope you enjoyed and im out again.

• Like Like x 13
  2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I like this. I see route extensions are requested by many players.

DTG, take this as a chance to make a businessmodel out of it. I remember in ts it was possible too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

It's a great idea that I would love to see happen but DTG seem ridged on their choice to not do any extensions, only hope for this would be NTP 2.0.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Love this idea. NTP has a great atmosphere, and the Class 56 aswell as it's coal traffic would really enhance that. I'm not really familiar with the class 03, but it looks like a neat little shunter. I prefer some passenger action aswell though, so maybe the Class 123 and/or Class 124 (both pictured below) could be a better choice for enhancing NTP overall.

[​IMG]
    Class 123

[​IMG]
    Class 124

By the way, when talking about NTP extensions, would Manchester to Mirfield over Rochdale be an option? Or perhaps a standalone route that goes from Manchester to Leeds over Rochdale and Healey Mills (thus joining the existing route at Manchester, the section through Mirfield and at Leeds) could be an option, after that these two routes could be merged. I'm not too sure whether that would work though, as the UK rail network, especially in the '80s isn't my specialization. It seems to be yours however, so I'd love to hear your thoughts :).

• Like Like x 2
  5. finntd#7891

those would be nice but i already put them in a Previous NTP Suggestion alongside the class 128.

• Like Like x 1
  6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

As have I on numerous occasions.

7. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The Class 03 is a low power diesel mechanical shunter that drives similarly to the Class 101 (and other 1st generation dmmu's). The Class 123, 124 and 128 dmu's would be a great bunch of additions for NTP with the 123 and 128 also being suitable for Diesel Legends of the GW as both were in operation out of Paddington during the reflected period. Aside from this, all 3 classes were scrapped with no survivors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. finntd#7891

i explained this in My Suggestion that had all those units, Plenty of images of there Interiors and Cabs exist that Dovetail can reasonably remake them in TSW, along side that the Albion 230hp engines those units use still exist on the 114/115s, so they might be able to use sounds off of them.

• Like Like x 2