Train Sim World 2 - Nahverkehr Dresden – Release Date Announced!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Sep 2, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

upload_2021-9-2_16-2-44.jpeg
    Nahverkehr Dresden, the next route in the Rush Hour Season ticket, arrives in Train Sim World 2, September 9th! With only one week to go, find out more about the new Rush Hour route!

Read the article here.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 31
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

Very much looking forward to this route! Hopefully some of the things noted from Tuesday’s stream have been sorted and ready for the final build next week

• Like Like x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Good \o/

4. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Will there be an update before that that fixes the bugs of the big update so you can play reasonably again?

• Like Like x 8
  5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Did you know that tonight’s stream clashes with an England World Cup match on ITV?

• Like Like x 3
  6. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

You know, I kinda knew from the moment that DTG planned a preview stream for this route last week, that we would be getting this on September 9th, since there's usually two preview streams in the two weeks leading up to a routes release.

…and if this route was anything to go by, don't be surprise to see a preview stream for Brighton Main Line (London Commuter) in the week after this route has been released, and should we go through the normal routine for previewing a route, as I have just mentioned, that route would supposedly come out at the end of this month on September 30th, but we will just have to wait and see on that.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

If that's true, I can already see people crying "it's not Summer anymore"

• Like Like x 2
  8. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

What about Brighton? What's the expected release for that?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Purchased DLC issues on PS4 fixed by September 9th?

At least the foreseeable weather forecast for Northern Europe in September is more summery than most of August managed to be.

10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for this ! Looks great , hopefully we aren’t let down . BRD must be nearly done , so from next week , bring on Brighton !

• Like Like x 2
  11. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Super looking forward to this route:) But one I am looking forward to the most out of Rush Hour is the Brighton Mainline!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

My guess is London Brighton will release 30th September

• Like Like x 3
  13. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Pls give us the real destinations like RE 50 Leipzig Hbf

• Like Like x 8
  14. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Sounds about right to me but am I right in thinking the London-Brighton stats aren't in Steam DB yet (I know you are the one who is usually on top of checking that)? In contrast the Riesa-Dresden stats were up there in early August so I wonder whether London-Brighton is a bit further away than some people think.

15. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

DTG Said that London is very Close to Dresden Riesa and Summer ends at 22nd September so ist has to be before that date

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Is that column of smoke from a Steam locomotive easter egg or it's the community fuming from so many steps in the wrong direction during development?

Or perhaps it's the sign it's almost autumn and time to heat up the houses in that part of Germany, meaning the update missed the "all summer long" statement used in promotional material for Rush hour!?

Nonetheless, good one!

• Like Like x 4
  17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

After a total £$*& of a day, this news has perked me up considerably. To say I cant wait is an understatement.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

You Need to fixed first the broken and Game Breaking Graphic and Texture issues on Xbox

• Like Like x 3
  19. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That is what my guess is as well for London Brighton

• Like Like x 4
  20. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Que legal amigo, eu tive a mesma linha de raciocínio que você, vamos ver se acertamos a próxima também. I bet the route would be launched on September 9th, and I got it right!!!

21. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

The World Cup starts in half a year

22. bobbobberdd

What I noticed in the Stream is:

-The Stops in Dresden Mitte and Dresden Neustadt are far too short.

-Freight Trains don't go through Neustadt, they have their own sideways track

-The Busses are Yellow. Nice Touch.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

junior hornet meant the qualifiers

24. bobbobberdd

I hope TSG manages to bring the DB BR 232 on this route as a substitute

• Like Like x 2
  25. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

At this stage now, I'm happy to wait a bit longer for BML if it means being near-perfect. With the amount of potential playable and AI services, hopefully it will be worth the wait! :D

• Like Like x 1
  26. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Reckon a couple of weeks

• Like Like x 2
  27. redrev1917

Tonights stream has really wetted my appetite for this route. There was a few glaring obvious bugs which detract from the immersion, however (like cars running on the wrong side of the road and missing cantery but it still looks a fun route to drive and that view from the bridge is worth the cost on it's own IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  28. moofeen#2182

Ok good luck to the three lions imma watch every game of the World Cup

29. moofeen#2182

Hope so but I’m not focused on the routes anymore I’m focused on if there’s gonna be anymore game breaking updates

30. moofeen#2182

with the way dtg are doing things now they have probably forgotten all about that statement tbh

• Like Like x 2
  31. moofeen#2182

Summer ends September 22nd so it’s probably be on the date or bit before the 22nd but don’t get your hopes up,it’s dtg after all

• Like Like x 1
  32. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

It definitely looks great that's for sure I'll give them that but I am a little concerned from what I saw in today's live stream the little bugs and glitches and lack of attention to detail really concerns me on this route I just hope you don't have another Boston sprinter on our hands where we get a lot of annoying bugs in it Boston sprinter felt a little bit rushed so we'll see I'm hoping not but these Rush hour Roots feel a little rushed

• Like Like x 2
  33. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Gives a whole new meaning to "rush hour"...

• Like Like x 3
  34. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. phildenty

phildenty Member

Really looking forward to this route.... there's something about German trains I like can't put my finger on it, Still have to get to grips with PZB thou... I seem to miss hitting the button too late, and everything shuts down!!! Also thanks DTG for sorting out all the add ons during the core update

36. moofeen#2182

“Hopefully” :)

• Like Like x 2
  37. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Brighton to arrive but I still watched the stream. I thought there were a few silly mistakes in that route along with bugs. Especially the cars driving on the left. Somebody in Q&A must have fallen asleep, lol.

I hope it gets fixed quickly but with DTG's update record it could take months. I'm hoping the Brighton line will be better but I'm not filled with confidence.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, my attitude is that we have to accept the routes "as is" when they are released. We point out the bugs and errors knowing some will be fixed and some won't. We don't know how soon fixes will be implemented, we're just hoping for the best. There are still many things from the earliest days of TSW(2) that still remain outstanding and may never be attended to.

Will there be a patch for Dresden? We know there will be a patch for Boston to replace the catenary and fill in the Amtrak services, we just don't know when.

I'm going to be optimistic about London Commuter ( is that its name?). With just one and a half trains its going to be hard to make it busy enough for Rush Hour, but it can be done I guess. I hope QA and Beta are catching all the crazy errors that always seem to escape from the development stage.

Anticipation and expectations for Brighton are really high, I think, perhaps the most of the three routes in the season ticket, and will reach a frenzy on the forum in the next few weeks.

September should be lots of fun as it gets closer to release. Order in the beer and potato chips!! :D

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  39. Nielsen

On yesterday’s stream I noticed some American-style apartment buildings from Boston Sprinter have been recycled for a few occasions on this German route. I’m not sure why the route building team keeps making unnecessary choices like this. Repetition is better than variety when variety turns out to br at odds with authenticity.

• Like Like x 1
  40. mariussoare_84

One thing that I find a bit odd is related to the fact that despite having a "completely reworked" Talent 2, they had no interest in showing us what this new Talent 2 brings and why it was worth the effort to do it since the changes were "subtle" instead of doing other more obvious and visible work such as the initially announced branch line.

I personally think there is no change to the Talent 2 as they would have wanted us to see the new changes and would have been enthusiastic about it. Instead, 15 minutes after the announcement about this train there was a reaction "we might as well have a look at the train since the team put some effort into this" and there was a run of several seconds inside the train without any comment or anything.

• Like Like x 7
  41. redrev1917

So you think DTG came out with a blatant lie and once the route is released think the community won't notice? If that's the case they are extremely ballsy or crazy. Be interesting to get a side by side look at both versions to see if this crazy conspiracy of your has any substance.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Alexander L.

Alexander L. Active Member

Well, the changes are in fact subtle. In the stream I gathered following changes:
    • PIS destinations are defined by the route (SKA got fixed destinations, RT doesn't have a functioning PIS)
    • It's a three-car unit (SKA had 4, RT has 3 but the middle carriage has four instead of two doors)
    • Slightly different interior (the second class compartment near the cab has 5 seats in a row whereas the RT and SKA ones have 4, the display over the door area shows the destination)
    • The entry height at the doors is different. While the SKA one has a height of 76cm and has two "Trittstufen" for 76cm and 55cm high plattforms, the RT and Dresden ones have a height of 55cm with only one "Trittstufe".

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  43. mariussoare_84

redrev1917 I said "I find it a bit odd" that the effort put into building a train from zero or almost zero is not presented to us as part of their attention to details and how they want the route to be authentic by having a Talent 2 specific to it rather than a recycled one.

Maybe you are new here, judging by the signup date.
    When they launched Hamburg-Lubeck we were told that the DoStos with low and high entry doors are "the same" and there was no point to put effort into a new coach for something that subtle. And now when they looked at minor details as Alexander L mentioned they don't present them to us to appreciate them and know about them and be thankful for the work put into it as it's not easy to build.

Knowing how preview streams and announcements have worked so far, they usually put things like this on the table and talk about them as part of informing the community on what they invested the development time in.

I appreciate your challenge, nonetheless.

• Like Like x 3
  44. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

One concrete flat block is much like another: far more egregious, to me, is recycling the same church model all over Germany, even though it's completely wrong in most regions.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Nielsen

Typical American apartment block in Boston is very different to a typical apartment building in Germany. Architecture matters and TSW usually does a pretty good job portraying national and even regional differences.

46. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Except when it comes to traffic, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  47. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

DB BR 411 ICE T at Dresden.jpg

DB BR 411 ICE-T at Dresden Hbf. Will it be the next add-on?

• Like Like x 4
  48. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

This is an inevitability with sim games because there is typically an objectively right and objectively wrong way to model real life machines and real life geography.

This isn’t Elder Scrolls where mistakes in QA can be retconned into the series’ fictional lore or fixed by modders using their own imagination and creativity. Here, realism is the goal and community feedback is an integral part of it.

That said, enlisting volunteer beta testers (especially those with IRL knowledge of the particular route) would go a long way.

• Like Like x 1
  49. redrev1917

I do think more beta testers would be beneficial, after all 50 pairs of eyes are better than half a dozen or so.
    Bugs like cars running on the wrong side of the road whilst not a game breaker are an immersion breaker for some, and this is the sort of bug more beta testers would have picked up on freeing devs post release to deal with the less obvious bugs

50. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

DTG already do this. But the key word is volunteer. Volunteers have their own lives and careers, and cannot be expected to be available constantly for the sake of testing a video game in which they have no stake beyond it being a nice hobby for them. The effectiveness of volunteer beta testers will depend entirely on their availability within the production window, whether they themselves notice bugs, and ultimately whether those bugs are prioritised as a fix prior to launch. Needless to say, not every driver or engineer with relevant route knowledge is interested in this game, so the pool of available expertise is not going to be huge.

• Like Like x 1