PlayStation Db 88114 Red Signals

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by BleenteamJ#6470, Sep 1, 2021.

1. BleenteamJ#6470

BleenteamJ#6470 Member

I was driving Main Spessart Bahn service DB 88114 and noticed a few things.
    When I started the service the Light in front of me was Green in the top left, and yellow in the bottom left, implying that I had to go at 40km/h. After about 15 seconds the light went Double Red, making me have to stop. The first time I tried, I contacted the Signaller, with it replying "proceed at restricted speed" and turning the light to a single red with two diagonal white lights underneath. A few hundred metres later though a shunting signal was displaying red, so I had to stop. I also noticed that a 2 car passenger train was stopped at a signal ahead, directly on my line, and a 5 car passenger train went past on the line beside us, but nothing else happened, as me and the Passenger train were on the same line.

The second time I tried without contacting the Signaller, and this time both of the Passenger trains were stopped at the signals up ahead.

The 5 car one relies on me to be on the line with the 2 car, instead of in the siding.

I tried this driving the 2 car train, but I ran without incident.

It seems this only happens when the player is driving the train.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Yes, this is broken in timetable mode. That 2-car train approaching Gemunden is on your track because it needs to cross over to access the bay platform. If you switch to the map immediately when the scenario starts, it looks like that 2-car train is crossing over at that precise moment. So it only appears on the track in front of you after your signal is green. When it's finished crossing over the signaller realises and turns your signal red again.

What worked for me was spawning at Gemunden at 10.25, and taking control of the freight as soon as it arrived. Oddly, although this is earlier than your departure time, the incoming train is actually closer to its destination by then and is out of your way.

3. BleenteamJ#6470

BleenteamJ#6470 Member

Yes, whenever you spawn in, any other AI trains that are supposed to be moving are stopped, but then they start moving, resulting in it being slightly behind schedule.