Train Sim World 2 - Db Br 442 Talent 2 Emu Driver's Guide

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 19, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

In our second video guide we will show you everything you need to know to drive the DB BR 442 Talent 2 EMU.

[​IMG]
    Watch the guide here.

We continue to encourage you to share your feedback on this guide. Please let us know what you think, what you feel could be improved and what guides you believe would be beneficial in the future.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 8
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Another great tutorial video.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Very good guide but would like the tempermat feature and the door ramp features explained too.

Also if DTG can get time can they fix the 442 player consists when heading to Achen so that only have one pantograph coach per set and not 2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Ver nice tutorial for beginners. Maybe for the next time; Say something about that you can change contrast of the screen. Most beginners don't know that and hate the white background.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You never need to activate the battery though. They always start running...

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Agreed that these tutorials should include Tempomat/AFB, which are crucial driver aids we use all the time

• Like Like x 2
  7. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

there is a little typo at 2:23 where should be "tempomat" and not "tempromat", else than this I think that everything else is perfect upload_2021-1-19_16-30-4.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Good, clear guide once again. I look forward to more of these videos especially for trains I am not familiar enough with.

Few things I think should have been explained...
    • Press the tempomat button close to your desired speed and reset the throttle to disable it. I think this is quite a good thing for beginners who want to keep their speed in check
    • Change the contrast of the displays depending on the time of day
    • Passenger door ramp buttons can be used

• Like Like x 2
  9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Great video! Always a pleasure to listen to the professor himself. These videos should make the trains way more accessible for newcomers.

Maybe it would be beneficial to set a link to the respective videos somewhere next to the tutorial missions in the menu? Chances are these players won't know that these videos exist.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is too much just about which buttons you can press. I think for starting players, the speed is quite high. Yes, you can pause and replay and son, but it would be good to have it better structured as a lesson and have a lower speed. Divide it into some chapters, cold boot, war boot, driving, braking and other controls. Announce the topic, explain the steps first and then explain how to do it (some repetition).

As I commented before, this cannot replace a written manual and in game tutorials, but it is a nice addition.

Indeed< I miss the tempomat and I think the uncoupling coupling is described very briefly. I thought (but never used) you ned to be in the right cab and so on.

11. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I felt this was a very good introduction video - Enough basic information without getting bogged down in a lot of technical detail.

I look forward to a more in-depth video to explain not only the "How" to do something - but the "why". What I mean - when do I need lights at bright or dim, - what are the requirements for use of the horns, When is PZB required, how is it used and what are the common practices when using it.

Another focus for videos I would like to see would be route training videos - Make a run of the route with a narration of the locations, things to look out for such as speed reductions, yard locations, points of interest. I envision this being a senior driver taking a prospective new driver down the line passing on the corporate knowledge to drive the route. Besides that information, would be a great way to highlight the many custom assets usually along the route. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 11
  12. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Another focus for videos I would like to see would be route training videos - Make a run of the route with a narration of the locations, things to look out for such as speed reductions, yard locations, points of interest. I envision this being a senior driver taking a prospective new driver down the line passing on the corporate knowledge to drive the route. Besides that information, would be a great way to highlight the many custom assets usually along the route. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Great idea LeadCatcher, I do find your posts very useful. Just to take it a step further with the route commentary things like "If you are doing track speed, when you get to this footbridge apply XX% braking in order to bring your speed down for your stop at ???? station" and so on...

• Like Like x 2
  13. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Bjr à tous.
    @ LeadCatcher, si vous cherchez comment mieux comprendre les systèmes sécu allemands, SIFA, PZB, LZB, feu... etc. Sam avait fait une vidéo pour nous expliquer comment comprendre cela dans tsw2:

Si vous ne l’aviez pas déjà vu, cela peut vous aider au moins de ce côté-ci, !!!
    Bonne continuation et bonne route, tof

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

The uncoupler on BR 442 doesn't work

15. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This is not very helpful. If you want, create a bug report in the Technical reports section of this forum. You need to add some screenshots and make clear what you did.

16. Victor4815

Victor4815 Member

What are the buttons hoch 77 cm and tief 57 cm for?

17. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

They select which steps should be deployed when opening the doors, so you basically select platform height. On SKA it should always be 77 cm by now. Back when I had the misfortune of commuting on that route, this was not the case on every stations. IIRC Eschweiler still had low platforms.

• Like Like x 2
  18. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Get it. Thanks!