Riesa Dresden Stream 2.9.21

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Irish Train sim, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

First of all, I love the route. My one concern is that testing is going well with minimal traffic. Once we see timetables added and presuming further traffic will be added, I’m worried that testing will then not go that great and see reduction with frame rate and services to current gen consoles. I’d prefer the route to be delayed, although playable and get the traffic right. I do realise that I can just wait until further services are added as this is how I prefer to play the game, with more traffic. Please test the game with how it should be with additional services, not say that it’s going well with the services not running how they should or will be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m amazed only 25% of freight services are represented. This makes a massive difference. Where are the rest? Why weren’t they included before Matt said he’d look to add more services? This isn’t Rush Hour.

That said, whilst I remain deeply disappointed the route had its branches cut, it looks to be one of the best German routes in game so far.

• Like Like x 2
  3. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

I don't have faith that they'll add more services, i've seen too many empty promises or "after looking into it it's not possible" so I guess this is what we're getting traffic wise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Always best to buy based on what you see in the launch stream and not based on things that are being looked into.

After last nights stream, I’m slightly moving towards buying it. It looks very nice with the night lighting and I think I will enjoy it. The night lighting makes it sufficiently different to other routes for me.

I’ll treat additional services as a bonus if they arrive.

I’ll probably get it the Season pass on PlayStation as I don’t have so many routes having been mostly playing on PC in the past.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the new update 143 cab with the Ebula display will be retrofitted to the old RSN 143 that has just a white square where the Ebula should be.

It was ok in TSW2020 but it became a white square in TSW2 and now with this route it's back again.

What I really liked in the stream was Matt showing off the new brake modes that are now modeled. That alone is worth the season pass cost. I'd love this feature to be retro fitted to other routes but I can't see than happening as the stock is old build.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Irish Train sim

My opinion is that the route looks the best route so far with a lot of my concerns with frame rate from the first stream allayed. However, with so minimal traffic on the route, I wouldn’t expect any frame rate issues. I really hope that they can add more traffic that’s comparable to Boston, at a minimum Koln/Aachen with layers. I’m just really hoping for more traffic, otherwise it could be another Munich/Augsburg letdown, which I haven’t bought due to the layering issue. PLEASE DTG, don’t let this be a false advertisement/broken promise of “Rush hour”, I get that there are express lines and stopping lines but there should be more traffic than recent streams with Matt stating only around 25% of freight traffic currently represented on the route. Personally, I’d rather the route be delayed to avoid the negativity if this sole issue can’t be resolved, if the traffic isn’t there, it isn’t finished, although playable, it just won’t be enjoyable.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Irish Train sim

Finally something we can agree on :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

This route does look really good. The night lighting especially was amazing, looking almost photo realistic at times. Now that DTG have set the bar, I will be extremely disappointed if they don't implement a significant proportion of the new lighting to future routes and in time, preserved routes. Never again will I have to mostly run night services with snow just to have a little light!

I was a little concerned by the number of PZB trips last night. I hope DTG do investigate that to discover if it was just a driving error or if the new context sensitive sifa/pzb response was to blame, especially as Matt commented that he was sure he has acknowledged.

Like others have said, there was a distinct lack of other traffic for something supposed to be representing a busy "Rush Hour" route. Forgive me, but I'm not sold on the suggestion that other services might be added by the time of the release of London-Brighton, considering that additional services were promised for Bakerloo but haven't yet appeared.

Overall though, I'm looking forward to driving this route next week. I just hope some of the obvious bugs from last night can be squashed prior to release, e.g. the time on the Talent 2 MFDs was not updating, traffic on the wrong side of the road etc.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

And the AI MRCE 185 driving by with it's pantographs down.

Someone has also stated that 2 of the Dresden stations are far too short.

10. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Yes and someone commented over the station roof being totally dark and also, Matt seemed unable to change the destination at one point. It was displayed externally but the in cab controller was blank.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Irish Train sim

I don’t really care about traffic on wrong side of road, I’d never have noticed this and don’t really care what side of road it’s on. Just more about general gameplay. And of course, external shots…

12. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Don't forget, They said Bakerloo would get an extra 200 services and that got dropped and now stations will have a 50 minute wait between trains. Don't expect any extra services to be added.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mathieu

Mathieu Member

For this route really being the spotlight of TSW2 at launch, it doesn't shine much unfortunately.
    I bought the game for it originally, but driving on it feels like driving after an apocalypse, or early COVID you could say : there's nobody on the platforms, and barely any rail traffic.
    I think you'll see at most 4 services going the opposite direction.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

The most used words used in this stream was “I will speak to the team” as constantly said by Matt. Don’t know about Rushour this looked more like Ghostline.

• Like Like x 1