Boston Journey 16 Impossible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ray.flanagan67, Sep 4, 2021.

1. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

Trying to do the 16th episode in Boston journey mode.
    You have to reverse an Amtrak train from South Station, round the loop, then pull into a Southampton street depot siding.

This siding is in a train shed where the doors are closed, therefore you derail as you hit the door.

Has anyone else came across this?

Cheers

2. carstenbamberg

carstenbamberg New Member

You can enter the depot without derailing. Have done it like that myself. The actual reason for you to derail is another train at the other end of your train not respecting red signals. You just need to be fast enough to avoid it ;-)

3. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

Excellent. Thanks very much for that. Problem with journey mode is you need to finish each one before you progress.

4. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

I think you can just skip one if you don't do the "continue journey" button at the top, and select the journey chapter you want to do manually.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You can manually select Journey activities by going into the specific journey segment below the "Continue Journey" button - you can see each chapter and each service/scenario within them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

Thanks for all that. Still can't seem to get through the shut door on this one. There were no other trains around. Just derailed as it hit the door.

• Like Like x 1
  7. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Mine derailed at the door too.

Take the far West track through the other buildings. You can pass through this one no problem.

You can then back into the correct siding without derailing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

That was my next try.
    Last try i edged very slowly in. Got inside a small bit but refused to go any further. Tried reversing and derailed.

9. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

Finally done it. Took an East route through the parked trains and reversed in.

• Like Like x 2
  10. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I did this too at first. You might find that you also detail as an AI train will crash into your rear carriages once you enter that particular siding.

When entering the sidings, you need to be quick, or an AI train will take you out.

11. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

I was hoping they might have fixed this in today's Boston update, but I derailed as I went through the doors agaim

12. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I faced this problem, it seems inside this warehouse without physics, it seems that there is an invisible wall, so you derail, the most prudent is to pass by the road with no parked trains and then go back to reach the goal, being careful not to bump into another invisible wall.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. kobo

kobo Active Member

i tried 4 times on this one. i just declared it incompletable and gave up on it. Odd that once the AI takes over, the train runs fine. But player controlled, not a chance at all. i have no idea which route i need to take to pass it if there is such a thing.

14. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

You just take one of the tracks on the left side of the shed and make like you are heading south away from Boston. You then change the points so that you enter the shed heading north.
    It allows you to do this. Or at least it did.
    Hope that helps.