Southeastern Br Class 465 Add-on Not Showing In Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chris#7085, Sep 5, 2021.

1. chris#7085

chris#7085 New Member

I have posted this previously on another form on this site but been told I should post here instead.

I have purchased the above from Epic Games but it doesn't show in my add-ons when I launch the sim which may be due to my buying the original sim from an eBay seller ( which in hindsight was not such a good idea) as I can't access the email used to open the Epic Games account to make any changes on my Epic account.

I have tried to contact Epic Games but everything goes through the online support form and is linked to the the email address I can't access and there doesn't seem to be a way around this. Also, as I understand it now Epic would be unlikely to respond due to my method of purchase (didn't realise this at the time). The eBay seller is also not responding to my messages.

I have created a support ticket with Dovetail about the lack of the add etc. but have not heard anything back.

Both the original purchase and the add-on show in my Epic account.

Anyone offer any ideas as to how to fix this.

2. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Try contacting eBay and tell them the seller is not responding to you, not sure what their refund policy is but I suspect that will be depending on how long ago you made the purchase.
    As for accessing the game because you will need to have access to your email that you created the epic games account with, cant you try recovering your email account? Does it say why you cant access the game on the epic games launcher? Also do you actually have the route the class 465 is for? I don't own that addon so cant tell you what route would be.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  3. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

As above, do you have Southeastern Highspeed? You need that route to enable the add on, and it is currently the only route with a timetable for it.

5. davejc64

Reading the OPs other post he made on a different part of the forum looks like he purchased the game from someone selling it as a Epic games account rather than the actual game, so it looks like he may just have to right it off as a bad purchase.

6. chris#7085

chris#7085 New Member

Thanks for the replies. Agree have to more or less treat it as a bad experience but at least I have the main sim working OK, so all is not lost.

Not familiar with Dovetail games so didn't realise I needed the Southeastern Highspeed for the add on to work, perhaps I missed the small print!!

Don't think I will spend more money until I have decided if the sim is for me. Haven't worked out the controls etc. completely different to flight sim and at 81 years it takes a long time for things to sink in.

Thanks again for clarifying matters.

7. davejc64

If you do the interductory scenarios for each train you will soon pick the controls needed to drive the trains, I always find it better to do rather than read how to do it.

8. chris#7085

chris#7085 New Member

Thanks for the reply but how do I access the tutorials. I select a route say the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen for example, it starts and I get the intro bit about looking around, which I complete, then after a time the direction banner on top left of screen disappears and after that nothing happens.

I've looked everywhere but can't see any follow on link etc.

Please put me out of my misery!!!

Wow don't know how but managed suddenly to get into the tutorial but don't know what I did. Anyone one step forward, I hope!!!

Now need to work out how to open the door and get onboard.

Now finding TSW2 easy to get to grips with, flight sims are much simpler!!!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

You can exit out of that tutorial as soon as it loads, press 'escape', then in the pause menu, go to 'options' then 'Main Menu' (I recommend you also turn off auto-load journey in the options if you want to be able to choose what to run straight away, instead of the game putting you straight into one when you select the route).

10. davejc64

Just walk up to the door of the loco and click on it it will give the option to open the door, in fact the introductory tutorial scenarios usually place markers where you need to move to so just follow them.