PlayStation Rt: Signal / Speed Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Kappi701, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Hi,
    I'm actually running some RT-services. Some things I saw which seem not to be correct:

-When leavin Greppin in direction of Leipzig the signal on "my" track shows yellow light, on the track of the opposing direction it shows green going in my direction. I think signal lightings are switched, HUD says correctly green for (and following signal is also green and not red).

-When doing a service terminating at Leipzig-Connewitz, the signals (pre-signals as wells as the following main signal) after leaving Leipzig mdr show a "4" which says I have to go on with speed 40kph, but HUD says to me, I can still go on with 120kph.

-There are some other issues regarding speed limits, but actually I'm at work and can't tell which and where. Think one was at arriving Bitterfeld in direction Leipzig, will look it up next time.

Just of interest, RT is not the only (german) route, where signals tell me to drive another speed limit than ingame HUD wants me to go. Is there a reason, why there are very often these differences? Sorry if this has been mentioned at another point, but since the problems regarding core update, forums are very confusing...

2. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

The HUD speed is always the track speed limit. Signals may display an aspect that requires you to go a slower speed. It's up to you to pay attention to the signals and go the speed they're telling you to go. And it's not just German signals that tell you to go a speed potentially different than the track speed. North American signals can also dictate a slower speed. It would be nice if they integrated the signal speed into the HUD at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Would be more than nice, if following the HUD there are sometimes situations, where you got two speed limits just a few (hundred) meters away from each other where it is impossible to lower the speed in that short time. Also I got the feeling that timetables are layed for the "HUD"-Speed and not for the real speed (and the signalized speed limits for example for change of tracks are always the same on the same routes/switches, so also in real life they are considered in time tables).

4. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

I agree. The game should display multiple speed limits if they are in quick succession. And yes, when the game calculates the timetable, it does not take safety systems or signal speeds into account. It only uses track speed and simple physics to get the timings. This is something they should also look at enhancing in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BleenteamJ#6470

BleenteamJ#6470 Member

It would also be nice if AI trains could follow those speed limits, it would feel a lot more realistic.