Multiple Save Points

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ace, Sep 3, 2021.

1. ace

ace Member

I might be wrong but are there multiple save points for routes? I don’t think so, in fact I feel like there’s just one save for the entire game. Am I wrong about that? Are there separate saves for each route? If there is only one save spot per game or route I’d like a couple more someday. Like maybe 3 save spots per route. That way if I screw something up, which I will, I can go back to any save and restart. Now I don’t know how hard this would be to add to the game so I’m just throwing this out there. It’s just a suggestion, and I know DTG’s is working on other important content/updates right now. I had an issue where I couldn’t finish a timetable on Long Island RR, and I wondered if I could have gone back a couple of saves whether that would have allowed me to complete my timetable? One hour of train driving ended with me getting no score at all for the Mastery challenge I was trying to accomplish. I still had a great time, but I’ll have to try the Mastery challenge for the route again. Anyway, it was just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  2. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Yes I have been thinking the same thoughts myself. It would seem you can only go back to the last save on a route you did. Even if you finished it. Not sure how much data gets saved when you do a save but it would be useful t be able to name them and save. So I could go back to a different Scenario instead of being forced to just one. There are some days I do not fancy doing certain things but being able to go to different saves would be good.

3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Unless it has been improved recently the save option can cause problems just by using it. I never use it for it's intended purpose as not worth it most of the time.

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It looks like it is one save of that type. These session saves are quite megabyte hungry so having them for all routes probably isn't feasible.

5. ace

ace Member

Your right It probably isn’t feasible but I can dream.

6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

In TS you could have a save each individual scenario, which makes TSW's one save slot for the entire game a bit disappointing. It also doesn't help that TSW's save function seems to break quite a lot of locos; more so than in TS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mayerling

Mayerling Member

I think the game only allows one save state at a time. I've also noticed that you can't save twice (or maybe it's twice, but not three times) during the same Service/Scenario. The save function doesn't work very well is the moral here.

8. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I agree. In the meantime when I SPAD or crash, I find it mildly irritating to have to go back to the main menu to load the save, as opposed to the menu that pops up immediately when it takes you out of the route

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Way back in MSTS, you could have multiple saves in a scenario and then actually choose which one to resume.

10. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

My biggest peeve is if you Spad or make an error and it says "ended you made X error" you cannot just go back to the beginning of that Scenario (Whatever) and just reload it again. Instead of having to go all the way back to the main menu item and starting all over again.

11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

That sound useful for when I inevitably mess up. Is it in OpenRails as well?