Switch Me To The End Of World

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Sep 5, 2021.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Looks ready to go , hopefully gets released in September or October

• Like Like x 2
  3. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Hoping it has the same start up as in ts classic where you have to open the doors

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

In the original Facebook comment thread, an aim for a mid-October release has been mentioned. Supposedly will heavily depend on testing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

What route was planned for this loco to operate?

6. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

I thought rro? Which is a bit of a bummer, kinda hoping it appears on other routes as well

• Like Like x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

RRO is the base route for this beauty :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Thank you both.

I agree RRO is not the fanciest route, but given this loco is developed by TSG I have high expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

To the end of the world and back again! These will look stupendous even passing them by on RRO.
    Will be interesting to see how many will be on the route at the same time!
    Substitution with other shunters would be nice but I really don't want to ask too much of TSG.
    I heard that the 204 so far does not get substituted because rivet needs to make some changes for that, maybe it is the same with this loco? (also I remember that different loco lengths are iffy for the sub system to figure out)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coastway trainspotter

I’m more looking forward to the 420 tbf . I’m pretty sure it will be a substitution for the 425 for players with layers on HMA , with no new services , and add the services that the 425 would run for players without layers . Don’t quote me on that though

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Substitution is a pain. You don't want to see a G6 appearing in front of a 2000ton train, but could happen as i understand the system (tbh, i don't really understand how it works, if it works ^^). And you can't substitute a 425/423 with a 420. Wrong wagon count per unit. This needs a different solution.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Was your original plan to make a new timetable for the 420 or to use it as a substitute ?

13. Maik Goltz

A new timetable is the only option yet, if it is a valid option at the time. Otherwise the 420 will not get service mode runs other than some additional squeezed in services (the timetable is already full).

14. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

But if you've set it to only substitute 363 and 204, shouldn't that keep it away from big freight trains? None of these two has them in their respective timetables.

Also what about BRD? If I understood the timetable correctly, there's a completely free space for shunting in Niederau, Coswig and supposedly there's also no passenger train shunting in DD-Altstadt yet.

Anyway, the loco looks stellar and I'm looking forward to giving it a spin wherever it is. :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

BRD freight timetable is pretty empty so I propose reserve some space for 232 & 187 too :D
    PS If not a substitution - a layer maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maik Goltz

That's not how the system works. I can't tell which locos to substitute and which not. Not that i'm aware of. So it is a random decision dependent on some parameters.

Dresden-Riesa wasn't on the table when i decided what route i want to use for the G6. I can't change that now anymore. I'm planning to produce a scenario pack for the G6 at a later time (again, if this is a valid option to do) that then will be sold separately. This pack could be focused on Dresden-Riesa.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

A super good solution! Not only for that one loco \o/

18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Looks like a real beast! Let's drive it soon.
    We need more switchers in the game, along with more freight overall. Eg. the SW7 is still missing from CRR.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Yes, expetially because every shunter locos have the same problems..... the number of services. At the moment probably it will come with RRO and RSN (layer/subsitution) but it can take space in BDR and HHL too. Ps. I think that for theese 2 routes new freight services will be added when br218 comes out. Expetially of it will comes out with 1 or 2 new freight wagons.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I would love to see scenario packs come to TSW!

• Like Like x 1
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

another one for un-facebook-ed

[​IMG]

source

• Like Like x 2
  22. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Well, it took me a while to figure our how to get a peek at the image that inspired this thread, but now that I have seen it, yes, I am also very enthused. As far as I'm concerned, we cannot have too many switching/shunting engines. Let's hope for lots of long, complex shunting jobs and possible expansion beyond Rhein-Ruhr Osten!

• Like Like x 2
  23. Maik Goltz

Keep in Mind, that a G6 is not the work horse shunter like a 363 or 294 or 261. It is more a loco for the tiny jobs in a yard (often in passenger wagon yards like in Berlin Lichtenberg and Munich Hbf). It is more often used on the main and branch lines. Since it can run light trains with 80kph, it is not a pure shunter. The scenarios will respect this. Don't expect massive shunting procedures with it. That's something for a more powerful shunter like the G1200 or the BR261 (Gravita).

• Like Like x 4
  24. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

218 would be a very weird pick for BRD as those locos pretty much never were doing any work there, on HHL they're completely fine though, although maybe more with passenger trains.