Rapid Transit - Talent 2 Does Not Can Be Driven!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grdaniel48, Sep 6, 2021.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi, I started using the routes after finally getting all my DLCs back.
    I run some ones without problems.
    I decided to run Rapid Transit but with the DB Talent 2.
    After setup everything for departing, I could not start moving!
    There was some time I did not run this train, so I tried all over again and the same problem!.
    Then I decide to make the corresponding Tutorial again, in case I missed something,
    I followed all the indicated starting procedure, step by step, but even there on the Tutorial, I could not get start moving the train!

Finally I decided to check the Koln - Aachen red Talent 2, and I have no problem about it!

So I believe there is a problem with the silver one on Rapid Transit after the update!
    Furthermore there is also a visual issue about the front when a certain distance - relative close to the train - the headlights look awful! With a strange polygonal shape!
    Sorry I have no pictures now. I will include them by tomorrow.

Have someone else have this issue?

• Like Like x 1
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I also had an issue getting the Rapid Transit one to move at first, however I believe that I resolved it by closing the MCB or releasing the parking brake.

I'll try tomorrow and see what the extra step was compared to the Koln Talent 2

• Like Like x 2
  3. grdaniel48

Thank you LucasLCC.

Have you the same issue about the headlights too?

4. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

I can agree to LucasLCC, on one specific run the park break stopped me from starting. But all the other runs work as usual without any hints that stop.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, on one of the early ones, possibly a scenario, you need to close the MCB at the start, but it doesn't tell you that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BleenteamJ#6470

BleenteamJ#6470 Member

Quick question, is there a way to change pzb modes on the 1442? I'm stuck on 55/U mode.

7. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

That's a new bug. You can't change PZB mode on the Tallent 2, it should and was always locked to mode 85/O.

8. grdaniel48

Thank you guys for your comments about the problem I have on the Talent.
    It is really strange also making the Tutorial of this train you can not move it!
    As I mentioned when created this post, there is "ugly" views of the headlamps of this Talent.
    Here are the pictures:

TALENT RT - HEADLIGHTS .jpg TALENT RT - HEADLIGHTS 2.jpg TALENT RT - HEADLIGHTS.jpg

9. grdaniel48

As you can see even relative close to the vehicle they looks "polygonal" instead of round.
    Also for the back red lights as showed on the first picture.
    The lights also appears this way when you select this train on the sim, before being on the route itself, as showed here.
    Please notice this does not happens on the red Talent of Koln Aachen route.

I have also reported several months ago about the headlights of the CSX GE Dash9 of Sand Patch Grade, which also looks polygonal. But not as "extreme" as this Talent ones.

10. BleenteamJ#6470

BleenteamJ#6470 Member

Guys, I figured out the problem with the loco not moving.
    Whenever you start, put it in fowards, then raise the pantograph and close the MCB, the icon on the power screen should change to a wheel with a brake pad on it.
    Then hold down the "release parking brake" button beside that screen for a few seconds, and the icon should change to a Pink square.

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 2
  11. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The “problems” with the polygonal lights and other part is more about the performance of the consoles that are a lower than a PC so they’ve to optimize by lowering the LOD

12. grdaniel48

Bleenteam
    Thanks for your comments about it!.
    I will try it.
    Regards

13. grdaniel48

MYG92
    I do not believe this is a PS4 issue.
    This is due to I have lot of trains - even the Talent2 for Koln Aachen - and there is no problems with them about it.
    Even not on happens more complex design trains.
    So in this case with the Talent 2 for Rapid Transit, and the CSX AC44W about the lights, must be a problem with them.
    Furthermore I can say that it is not a performance problem, due to this issue also happens when you select the train, and there there is just an static image. I mean it is not running on the simulator. So no much performance resources are required, and the problem is there.

At least will be helpful if other PS4 user members are having the same issue.
    Not PS4 Plus.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  14. grdaniel48

Furthermore I forgot to mention, this does not happened before the upgrade of the game.
    So now with more advanced graphic engine, - where I noticed better performance than before - this not might be the cause of this strange issue.

DTG have mentioned they have "rebuild" all of the trains with the update - both on graphics and sounds, which I noticed - so this may be something related with those specific models, during the upgrade.

Hope this can be fixed soon.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  15. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

No, you have to find him by yourself. Sad this bugs everiwere.

16. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Well yeah it’s because we’re playing on console and that’s because of the LOD that you’re seeing that weird polygonal headlights you described and I see the same as I’m on PS4 Pro