Other Tsw 2 Rush Hour: Boston Sprinter Bugs/feedback

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Louis-MTA NYCTA, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I have noticed quite a few bugs on the Boston Sprinter route. I have some I would like to share and anyone else can add on their bugs found if they feel necessary. Please don't spam and only add information if it's absolutely necessary. I have reported the below issues already.

NOTE: For those still having issues with routes NOT being playable on Xbox/PlayStation. Please uninstall and reinstall the game and it's add-ons(Xbox only). (PlayStation is a little more complicated please see below) I and many others have found this to work perfectly to fix this issue. It's not a permanent fix, but it will temporally get your routes and trains you previously purchased working post-update.
    For more help/information visit:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/player-reports.43678/ -Thanks
    Ms Natalie

As for me I have noticed the following issues (Not limited to this list, not all issues were listed):
    • On the first service using the CTC-3 at 6:12AM from Readville to Boston South, the time table starts 1 minute late.
    • The Amfleet cars have major lighting issues, they seem to be very dimmed and unnatural, especially when compared to the TSW 2020 NEC New York's Amfleet coaches.
    • The MBTA coaches have lighting issues when using multiple F40PH-3C's
    • The MBTA coaches have no HVAC or AC sounds when they should have sounds present (The Amfleet coaches have HVAC and AC sounds).
    • The CTC-3 cabcar sounds too quiet.
    • The BTC-3/CTC-3 cars all sound very quiet inside.
    • The "infamous looping" sounds still persist, post-update.
    • Some parts of the map (Boston South area) have issues loading the textures/map. (Xbox One)
    • Now I have been on the MBTA single level cars, but I'm not too sure if the brakes are totally correct. However I feel like the brakes are wrong and feel very underpowered or very delayed. The penalty brakes also are applied in situations where they should not be applied. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, thanks in advance.
    • When walking through the BTC-3 or CTC-3 cars, in the vestibule the sounds tend to cut in and out unexpectedly and tend to sound really weird compared to how quiet the cars are inside.
    • The inside doors that separate the BTC-3/CTC-3 cars are very quiet or don't make any sound at all, especially the passenger middle door inside the cab car.
    • The original F40PH-2CAT from Peninsula Corridor is NOT in the train selection in the scenario planner. (maybe both F40's overlapped?)
    I'm sorry if this list may seem a little nitpicking, but we must report bugs and issues, otherwise nothing can be done to change or update these issues. I am sure many other have noticed these issues above. Overall this new update (without the issues and downloading issues) went pretty smooth. The route is nice and offers a wide variety of services. Next steps could be resolving the bugs and issues reported above and maybe considering adding or planning new add-ons for Boston Sprinter.

PS: As a reminder if you feel you like to add bugs to this thread, feel free to.
    Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

I too have some issues with the route so far that I would like to bring up

In the training/tutorial for all three, for some reason, the game starts in immersion mode but after you unlock the doors, switches back to classic mode and is stuck there for the duration
    The bell in the CTC-3 doesn't work when you press the horn
    You are unable to go into an exterior shot in the CTC-3, even in classic mode. Same for the ACS-64
    In the ACS-64 training module, one of the signals id red when the signal before was green and the signal after is green

That's all I got for the moment

3. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert either, but it's quite noticable that DTG did the absolute bare minimum to the auto brake handle in the F40. It still has artifacts from the manually lapped version when you use it, so I don't know if that is messing with the brakes and physics. At least from the few things I've done, the there's very little brake force unless you throw it in full service or the suppression notch - even emergency doesn't feel much stronger after that. And I'd still like to know if `suppression` should be moved to ~64% like it is on the ACS 64 for ATC/ACSES - and really that change has me wondering if that's how it's supposed to be on all US trains for PTC or other safety systems?

4. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I don't think ATC/ACSES is set up well at all, with all safety systems on your never on time, that's without any warranted penalty brakes. Sometimes it asks you to slow down to 0mph!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I have noticed this. I understand it's rush hour based but I think the timetable should be reworked to allow at least 2 or 3 min beginning the service to prepare the train.
    I have driven with all safety systems on, your right. Every station I was late to, except Route 128 which I got there early by only 13 seconds, using an MBTA service. The Amtrak services are fine or decent, especially the brakes (it's electric). But does anyone else think the brakes on the F40PH-3C are very underpowered and feel very slow to slow down the train?. I have not seen this system in the MBTA in real life, so I can't validate it.

6. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

I also noticed that I can not select the F40PH-2CAT in the scenario planner. I also tried it while having the Boston route not installed but it still wont show up. hopefully this gets fixed soon.

7. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I don't think the trains in Peninsula Corridor can be used in the planner yet it hasn't had any preservation work done on it. They don't work in Raildriver either.

8. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

That could be the reason, still using the baby bullet and the diesel switcher is possible. Probably we just need to wait for the preservation update and then it will hopefully work.

9. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Stoughton destination does not appear on PIS

• Like Like x 1
  10. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I have also noticed both the Amfleet and CTC/BTC-3 cars have NO braking sounds or squeaky stopping sounds, when they should have those.

As a reminder the Budd Amfleet cars are over 30 years old, they were built in the 1970s
    The MBB BTC/CTC-3 cars were built in 1987-88 so they both are relatively old coaches.

• Like Like x 1
  11. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

when I arrive at a station with Immersion controls enabled it will say the doors are unlocked but they won’t actually open. This results in me having to manually open the doors with either the camera or player.

• Like Like x 1
  12. taylormade#6721

Furthermore, when I try to take a screenshot with immersion, it also makes the reverser react too as I have to hold down both the down arrow and right joystick

13. taylormade#6721

14. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the problem is just with ACSES. I think the coding for the signals might be implemented very poorly. On LIRR, you'd get a lot of random approach/stop signals that made no sense and made ATC/ACSES virtually unusable -- and I'm wondering if it's the same here. I wonder if the signalling team did a terrible job, if they didn't have enough time to do it properly, or if it's just that the signaller/dispatcher in this game really is that limited...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  15. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Friends, Good afternoon.

I want to report that the LIRR M7 locomotive has an inaudible traction sound at the beginning of a journey, after some time it normalizes.

Please note that I still don't have access to the DLC's Rapit Transit, Rhein-Ruhr Osten and M3 LIRR.

16. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This thread is for Boston to Providence.

• Like Like x 2
  17. KamoJibber

KamoJibber New Member

A few items I've noticed on the Xbox variant-

-Boarding the FP40 is damn near impossible to board from platform height, the only apparent action is to climb down the ladder rather than up into the cab.
    -Entering passenger coaches basically causes all ambient sounds to cease, which isn't a big deal by itself but it does make operating via the cab car strangely quiet
    -Switching between the control cab back to the FP40 in a Depot->South Station->Scheduled service has caused the diesel sounds to be nonexistent on more than one occasion.
    -Not sure if its a bug or not but the FP40 ditch lights only pulse when the horn is sounding. As soon as you release the horn the lights go back to being steady.
    -FP40 power seems a little lacking and the brakes are definitely weaker than the comparable variant on the Peninsula route. Not sure if this is reality based, but its certainly noticeable.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

I'm not sure why they changed the physics so violently between the Caltrain and the MBTA F40s, because they're the same thing. They also changed the sounds during throttling up, which is really...really wrong.

-When you move the reverser to a power position, the engine revs up the Notch 3 RPMs. Then, it runs through some weird notching RPMs in every notch since it's already in notch 3 sound wise, but the handle is in 1 or 2.
    -The F40 is slippery as hell. It's unbelievable. They do not slip like that in real life. When you leave a station, you wrap the throttle back to 8, and let it fly. At 1200 amps, these things lose their feet, and that's it. No. They stick to the rail and go, for the most part. Sand doesn't even help in this case.

Couple swings and misses on the equipment, and I haven't even gotten to the ACS-64 or the cab car yet...

DTG...we all paid $30 for this thing...more than that if we bought the season ticket. It has to be better. These are things that shouldn't be overlooked. Again, I'll say it for the thousandth time. There are railroaders that do this full time that lurk among us. CONTACT US FOR HELP.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

Okay, so now having run the ACS-64, I can also say that the wheel slip is UNBELIEVABLE. I don't know who thought that was a good idea, but that you can't even bring the power handle open by more than 42% at 5mph is insane. You guys have some serious bugs to work out here. Simple as that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

Thats if it works at all on the F40ph, if you alarm sounds you’re already too late as you can’t slow to the reduced speed in time

21. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I have started the ACS-64 in max throttle from a stop without slipping. It has to be dry weather though.

22. laulaulauw

laulaulauw New Member

Found out the following while playing for the first days (PS5 Edition):
    - Red signals work a bit different than on other tracks i've driven, however this is my first US track.
    If you ask the operator is says proceed at restricted speed when you are allowed to continue.

- Time schedules are sometime to hard to reach. especially when you are required to move over the loop to get the train the other way around

- during the journey "Chapter 4 - Amtrak NorthEast Regional #66 (Boston - Depot)" you need to move the train to the depot, but the track they assign to you is inside a wharehouse where you can't go in with the train. (Track 07 if i'm correct)

For those who complain about the slipping wheels, it's most likely you are driving in the snow, driving with the Amtrak you need to keep an eye on the power, as long it's below the 40kw it will not slip in the snow.

Last a question to get some more clarity on the signals and speed limits, it's a bit confusing that the ATC/ACSES gives sometimes different speed limits compared to the track limits. what should be the leading ones?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

On PC, Everytime i always got crashed when i use full brake on F40PH-3C during stop at the station

24. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

That's all fine and dandy, but on a sunny day with snow on the ground, engines grip the rail just as well as they would on a summer day.

25. OskieWoskie

OskieWoskie New Member

I'm having big problems with the signals. I have experienced way to many trains backing up in the same block. A lot of the time I have to contact the signaler which I think is quite unrealistic for a fast paced route. This also causes problems with the AI trains as they can't/won't do the same. Just for example, here is a huge pile up that just keeps getting bigger, and crashing into the back of the other train, coupling to them and messing the timetable up. 2021-09-03 (1).png 2021-09-03 (5).png

• Like Like x 1
  26. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Same for me, some services with the Cabcar and the F40PH-3C have this issue where there are red blocks of signals preventing the AI trains from moving.

This eventually backs up the entire route with trains. If your driving and you see these trains stopped at red signals, know they will NOT move.
    To save your time, simply exit that particular service. This is because these AI trains got stuck in-between the signal blocks, this causes bugs with the AI. If they don't move, you won't.

Hopefully this tuesday this will be fixed along with many other issues like the brake sounds working and the Amfleet lighting issues.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Subway#2400

Subway#2400 Active Member

Hi,

To add something on the bug list ... I want to report an annoying high pitched sound when headlights are turned on, especially on the "Bright" position. There is a constant hiss at an audio frequency of at least 8-10kHz, which is very annoying on the long term ... It happens with the CTC-3 cab car only.

Oh, and another thing : is it normal that the "Door Closed" indicators are lit at the exact moment you press the "close doors" button ? Isn't it meant to be lit when doors are really closed ... ?

In the overall I'm disappointed by this DLC. It feels ... rushed, and the ATC/ACSES bugs are really ruining the immersion !

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  28. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

A couple more things I've noticed:
    - In the F40, the when the independent brake is applied via the auto brake, when you release the brakes, the independent takes its time coming off - and bailing off does nothing. If the auto brake is released & you use the independent, or you're not coupled to a train, it works normally.
    - Also in the F40 and IIRC the cab car too, don't know about ACS64, if you turn off ATC/ACSES while moving and get a speed reduction, it may still enforce a penalty brake, it won't beep but the brakes will just apply and usually requires a full PCS reset, even though the PCS light won't actually come on. I think the alerter will stay active sometime too.
    - MBTA Service 801, you're held at the platform in Boston by a red signal waiting for an Amtrak train to finish its reversing loop. Except the Amtrak train is just coming off the loop and doesn't get into Boston until ~5:35, which is when you're scheduled to be at Back Bay - meaning you'll never be anything close to on time for this run
    - The Amtrak train from above has its headlights on on the wrong side of the ACS64
    upload_2021-9-5_15-36-11.png

- I'm still noticing F40s that have no engine audio, mostly around Boston. I think I've narrowed it down to it just occurring on the F40s that are AI only

• Like Like x 2
  29. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

That's a known thing. Apparently its a relay for the headlights or something like that. As you said it's mostly in the cab car but I've had it randomly play in the F40 cab too

• Like Like x 1
  30. Subway#2400

Subway#2400 Active Member

Oh, okay, thanks ! So that's the culprit ...

Maybe there are more interesting sounds to be heard, than this annoying hiss :D

31. taylormade#6721

This is a major issue in Boston Sprinter. I was in a cab car doing a service from Attleboro to Boston South. I have About a mile to go before arriving at Route 128. When suddenly I see that I’m coming up to a red signal. However before that red signal, there is a north-east regional consist waiting for that same signal in front of me. I decide to couple up to the consist and wait it out. Obviously the signal never changes and this causes me to just give up and pass the red signal for it to give me the game over message. If anything, the previous signal which appeared yellow, should have been red if Another consist was in front of me waiting. Here are the screenshots depicting the issue.
    1: seeing the amfleet coach and coupling up B2C381FD-8C46-4A70-8A44-691900AA6626.jpeg 3ABECD4D-A612-46C8-AA0E-4493267DD714.jpeg 30E9FFD3-91DF-47FC-BB70-7056067BB787.jpeg

32. Kinimod

Kinimod New Member

I can't get any further on the PS5 (PS4 version) with "Boston-Betriebswerk". The gate is closed, you can go through with the camera or on foot. It's like an invisible wall. :(

Am i doing something wrong? In any case, I haven't found anything how to open the gate.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Louis-MTA NYCTA

If I recall, this audio hiss occurs on many trains (correct me if I'm wrong). Same goes for the "infamous looping" that plays at random.

To fix this, I simply exit to the free camera. Let the train pass by and them jump back into the first person cab view.
    This tends to fix the looping sounds temporally, as for the high pitched hissing sounds, this can fix that as well.

34. Louis-MTA NYCTA

So this has to do with the issue reported above as well. Some services with the Cabcar and the F40PH-3C have this issue where there are red blocks of signals preventing the AI trains from moving.

This eventually backs up the entire route with trains. If your driving and you see these trains stopped at red signals, know they will NOT move.
    To save your time, simply exit that particular service. This is because these AI trains got stuck in-between the signal blocks, this causes bugs with the AI. If they don't move, you won't.

Now I recommend NEVER coupling to AL trains as this can mess up the entire current timetable on this or any route. You see if you couple to another train it then counts as your train, but the AI train does not exist anymore. Since the timetable has AI trains running if 1 AI train disappears (by being coupled to your train, it's considered your train when you couple to an AI train) this can mess up the entire line. This causes red lights to appear ahead of the line in some cases. While this happens bugs occur and the entire timetable gets messed up. Trains get backed up and that particular session your drving in gets broken. Simply exit if you see this happening, report the service ID number via submitting a ticket.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  35. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

There was a discussion on reddit today about driving with the CTC cabcar leading and having significantly lower acceleration than with the F40, I'm curious if anyone on the forum has also ran into this.
    I got it doing the foundations scenario, when running northbound to Boston, acceleration was sluggish and when leaving the throttle on coast the train decelerated faster than I would normally expect. That behavior leads me to suspect some kind of a dragging brake along the consist, maybe the F-40's independent brake?

36. Jimmy12356

Jimmy12356 New Member

The Route is good. But there is an issue in the Route 128 Station (See Screenshot in the game below). The Station buliding should be closer to the Southbound platform with direct ground level stair access to it. The footbridge which cross over the track should be elevated access to the main station building (See three photos from Wikimedia Commons) . I hope this issue will be fixed in the future. Thank you.

upload_2021-9-11_14-33-56.png
    Screenshot in the game

[​IMG]
    Photo from Wikimedia Commons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I have noticed as well as others too. There is a really irritating "hissing sound" when you turn on the headlights and it continues throughout the entire service.

Along with this hissing sound, the infamous looping sound effects are still present in the game. I would have though with the CORE update this should have resolved this. Not sure if this has to do with the routes specifically or a CORE issue. Most likely the latter.