Train Sim World - Roadmap Update 07/09/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Sep 7, 2021.

1. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Es44ac and AC4400CW are different locomotives, and the GP38 and SD40 are ubiquitous for US freight

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Oh my, what a spicy roadmap. A branchline returning from the dead and not one, but two US freight routes, even a highly anticipated modern EMD six axle.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Holy cow! SHERMAN HILL?! I’m actually going to die I’m so happy. That was my MOST WANTED ROUTE for this game! ohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmygoodness thank you so much Dovetail! It’s a shame I’m not at home right now, I could go on about this for hours!

• Like Like x 3
  4. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

So October then for London-Brighton(Though I'm still thinking Christmas), The 313 hasn't moved so probably next year if at all, the two US routes next summer at the earliest, Still no new info for Penzance-St Austell. Yay.

• Like Like x 4
  5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Generally I must say, while many people focused on the issues with rush hour, personally I have seen DTG trying alot to give us something good and worthwhile with this pack.
    Boston might be the first instance where post release the catenary gets completely overhauled, and Riesa - Dresden gets one branch back in and the timetable improved.
    This is less than we have gotten for the LGV route and the Hamburg - Lübeck route.
    So again, in all fairness to the issues that have appeared with the rush hour releases, I do feel they are trying their best here.

• Like Like x 9
  6. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

What do they mean by Baby Bullet scenario planner options?

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Oh my Lord \o/ And this!
    Check-Matt-e /o\
    DTG, it smells like real penitence :D keep going!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I went into the article with no expectations whatsoever and was pleasantly surprised!

"The anticipated wait before London Commuter is a little longer"
    No problems there, more time spent means more polish and better experience.

• ★ ® [Improvement] Meißen branch for Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden
    Here I'm actually impressed. The airport branch will still be missing, but this is going to add at least something. Riesa - Dresden looked mighty fine on the stream, but still underbaked.

• ★ [Route Add-On] NDD-R7 04 Sherman Hill with SD70ACe
    • ★ [Route Add-On] NDD-R7 03 Horseshoe Curve: Altoona - Johnstown & South Fork with ES44AC & GP38-2 - Developed by Skyhook Games
    Two popular routes, I'm sure the US freight fans will welcome this.

• Like Like x 5
  9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

The forums would be awash with moaners if they rushed a release with major game breaking faults, a couple more weeks isnt going to hurt anyone ultimately is it?

• ★ [Route Add-On] NDD-R7 04 Sherman Hill with SD70ACe
    Personally I think Sherman Hill needs a 2nd locomotive adding, could we see a gas turbine thrown in to the game as per the TS1 version?

• ★ [Route Add-On] NDD-R7 03 with ES44AC & GP38-2 - Developed by Skyhook Game.
    All this needs to become perfection is an Amtrak P42 at the head of some Amfleets thrown in as a Loco DLC (along with a layer for this loco on the Sand Patch route) and I would be one happy chappy.

"It's unusual for us to be adding two US heavy freight routes to the Roadmap at the same time but that's just the way the schedules have lined up this time around. Our aim is to add projects to the Roadmap as they enter initial planning which should ensure their stay in this update doesn't feel like it lasts forever."

Given that Rush Hour gave us 3 new routes none of which were heavy freight, we will forgive you just this once.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. Some of us are waiting for it and while it should be a good thing them taking longer on it, history shows it'll still be a rushed job a la Southeastern High Speed. Might as well release sooner, patch later, like they are doing with Riesa-Dresden and Boston Sprinter.

I have no problem with it being delayed, it's the marketing that irritates me. Why can't they just be upfront and admit it's coming in the autumn? The Rush Hour branding everywhere still says 'this summer'.

• Like Like x 4
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

OH MY LORD

Sherman hill?! Horseshoe Curve?! Meisen branch for BRD?!! GEVOs and ACEs?!!!!! Am I in TSW heaven?:D:D

Funnily enough I had a dream in which an NS route came to TSW2, talk about a coincidence!

• Like Like x 6
  12. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

Very cool roadmap, the added S-Bahn branch is very much welcome and does inspire some confidence that higher traffic density is something DTG are aiming for in the future.

I'll be the first to admit heavy freight isn't exactly my thing but both of these routes are actually very neat. Sherman Hill's exact route is not clear but I'm guessing from Laramie to Cheyenne which is in the ballpark of 50 miles. Seems like track speeds are reasonably quick as far as freight goes and there might be some opportunity for some local service as the Granite Canyon Quarry is on the route.

Horseshoe Curve is obviously iconic and if it's done right could look fantastic in the game. Definitely a very busy (if a little slow) route, and it'll be fun to see Norfolk Southern in the game. A real focus will have to be put on getting helper engine physics right as they are critical to the route.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Sales...?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Sherman Hill is nice, but I'm wondering why only 1 locomotive? Unless of course we are getting both variants of ACes that UP rosters. (The earlier high headlight version and the later nose headlight with ISO cabs). Also, there is the opportunity of Heritage Units for that route as well.
    6-28279_4727.jpg
    athearn-genesis-g19430-ho-scale-sd70ace-spirit-of-union-pacific-up-1943-dcc-ready_953x700.jpg

As far as Horseshoe curve is concerned, if you are gonna use the GP38-2 again, can Skyhook at least use the High Hood versions? It would at least be different to operate, since we have no High Hood units for TSW2 yet.
    20491571369_a843313b7d_b.jpg
    unnamed.jpg

At least the GEVO is coming as well.

Also disappointed to see no Clinchfield loco DLCs....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  15. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Props to DTG for bringing back one of the branches, that is a good sign and highly appreciated!

• Like Like x 6
  16. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Very cool that you are adding the Meißen branch even if it means that I will wait for this before I start running Dresden-Riesa. Airport-branch at a later time? ;-)

So that for the near future the route addons are very US, would like to know what may be the next german Route after Dresden, so that the hype will still kept up

• Like Like x 3
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent road map so far but for the American locomotives GP38-2 is a Reskin from CSX & Union Pacific to Norfolk Southern for Horseshoe curve but ES44AC and Sherman Hill SD70ACE are new builds for Sherman Hill and horseshoe curve. Both were classic train simulator 21 routes. New ES44AC and SD70ACE are also found on CSX Union Pacific fleet and Canada Canadian national Oakville because all American and Canadian Freight railroads order the same locomotives. For a future German routes it can be an international route like Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway

18. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I'm pleased one of the branches is back, but primarly because London Brighton is delayed.

• Like Like x 2
  19. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

No fixes for the problems that came with the big update? Just nothing at all?

• Like Like x 6
  20. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will mention stuff about that on the stream.

Nat is pretty straight forward like Sam with her questioning. Hence why she does the Roadmap streams I assume.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I hope they will provide some insight on this topic today, it is a very important topic that hasn't had any public attention so far!

• Like Like x 1
  22. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

• [Route Add-On] GGD-R6 01 West Cornwall Local: Penzance - Truro & St Ives - with Class 150/2 - Developed By Rivet Games
    IN "In Production" Use your eyes!

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  23. antony.henley

Horse shoe curve does have Amtrak services running through it. And yes there are people that dont even like running freight only stuff . Remember you are not having a gun held to your head forcing you to buy it.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  24. antony.henley

things happen , things change, things get moved around. Its life you'll get used to it.

Hentis

25. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

P42 layer on SPG would be cool but would really only work as background traffic. Route lacks two stops for it.

26. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Well if Matt has been stuck playing Series X only after his laptop crapped out until he gets his new desktop. I'm pretty sure he is going annoyed with it just as much as the rest of us.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'm quite impressed that DTG decided to actually build the Meißen branch... I never actualy expected them to do that. This is a really great move and they've finally convinced me to buy the season ticket with it. :D

As for the upcoming addons: I'm glad we are getting some heavy freight after all the Rush hour routes. Sherman hill looks like a nice route, but I'm not happy it includes only 1 loco.

But what about some loco dlc? With DRA release, there will be 5 routes since the last one. I can't possibly play so many routes so I think it's better to just improve already exisiting routes with loco dlcs. So, I'm seriously hoping we see something on the roadmap very soon.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Being a non-train enthusiast who just enjoys driving simulated trains on recreated routes, I have no idea what those new announcements are about. Hype seems real, so that’s good enough for me. Meißen branch is welcome though.

• Like Like x 2
  29. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Brighton delay, Bakerloo updates, No movement on the 313 (will it ever get done?) and still waiting for the RD support on the GWE. Not much for me to get excited about.

• Like Like x 3
  30. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

If I got to be completly honest.
    this roadmap smells like ''Look community we still care about you, Here have 2 often requested US routes and Here is the Meißen branch, Also we are very busy with bringing the BML.''

• Like Like x 4
  31. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Question to DTG JD . In the first Dresden Preview Stream you said something that struck me as strange. Namely, "None of the branches is currently on the roadmap" The "Currently " struck me as strange. My question is, at that moment you already knew what was going to be on the roadmap and accidentally revealed it?

• Like Like x 3
  32. LondoSpark

LondoSpark Member

One thing that I particularly like about this roadmap is the "Removed from roadmap" section. It adds a new layer of accountability and allows us all to discuss items that are not currently being worked on. In this case it's a great result that the item has been removed because it has been deployed. Will we continue to see this section even if items aren't currently being worked on for different reasons?

33. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I hope they give us an update on the catenary fix for Boston Sprinter, as well as any indication as to whether we're gonna get a fix for the broken signalling and safety systems on the route. Hearing Matt talk about it last roadmap stream gave me hope they would be addressed, but seeing no mention of it on the roadmap has me very concerned. I wanna play this route so bad but the issues it has really kills the enjoyment.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Ah damn! More American roads where we drive at 25 mph. :(

• Like Like x 3
  35. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

• Like Like x 5
  36. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Given that Amtrak often gets held in sidings to allow freight to pass on this route in winter ( I speak from experience after suffering a 6 hour delay), it would be prototypical to start the service held at a red east of Cumberland, station stop at Cumberland, then follow a slow heavy freight over Sand Patch to a final red at Rockwood, with maybe a couple of holds here and there thrown in for good measure.

The lack of stations certainly wouldnt detract for me for what if done correctly could be a very challenging run.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Where are all the people complaining about all the roadmaps being bad? :D

But seriously this one is... JUICY!

Meißen, probably THE two most famous freight routes in the US (ok, Tehachapi might be up there with them), GEVOs and Aces. Hopefully, the locos will sound a whole lot better.

Personally, I would also give a bit of thought to the second loco on Horseshoe. Definitely at least make it a high hood. Though it would be interesting to look into some locos more suited for helper service which I think Geeps haven't done in the recent era at all.

• Like Like x 7
  38. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks. Also, the Meißen branch for Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden is in upcoming on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  39. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Really hope that the ACe isn’t the only loco for Sherman Hill, I would be fine with the SD40-2/GP38-2 being reused for the 4th time, as long as we have at least one new loco just to add some variety.

40. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I believe Sherman Hill should actually be quite fast! You get the wonderful desert scenery, Union Pacific trains, AND high speeds!

41. aarontheloner

Of course what would really make this work would be an extension to SPG, something that has been much requested.
    Think NS has given up most if not all of their high hoods. Could work if it was a retro route, but the ES44ACs shows it to be contemporary.

42. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Could we please get a Dovetail Article with the Meissen screenshots?

• Like Like x 1
  43. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Very interesting of them to add EVEN MORE U.S. Freight routes, even though we've just gotten two, with Clinchfield Railroad and Cane Creek. It's nice to see Skyhook working on another route, and it's nice to see the new locos with the ES44AC and SD70ACE, but come on, what a lot of players are asking for is an American PASSENGER route, and while we've just gotten Boston Sprinter, we should be seeing more of those types of routes, being that there was such a large drought between Early/Mid 2019 and August 2021.

I like the readdition of the MeiBen branch, it was a very good choice to make, and I'm excited to operate along that branch, especially after seeing the screenshots of it.

Now for the 1938 Tube Stock. I'm interested in how this will work. They retired (IIRC) around 1988, so will we be getting a new timetable set in the past for the route, or no? If we do, will we see the necessary changes to the route to make it look like it's the 80's?

• Like Like x 6
  44. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

It will probably be the same as the 1970's Diesel Legend pack, you have to use your imagination or wait for mods.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. aarontheloner

I mean to be fair rail is mostly a freight affair in the US in general. Look at how much money Amtrak loses.

46. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

There is always vintage routes pre 1971. Or the Rio Grande, who held on until 1983.

47. owls18678773

owls18678773 New Member

matt will you ever to the class 55 on the ecml

• Like Like x 1
  48. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Considering the ac44 or sd40-2 is in neither of these routes, I think they finally took a hint. I'm interested in which ace they'll do for UP, early production units or late production AH units.

49. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

The missing branches would have been a major selling point.

Technically, we have 4 Lines on iit: The Main Line from Dresden to Riesa, the Fast Line, the Grobenhain Branch (hopefully), and now the MeiBen Branch. Still, would be nice to get the other cut one back, but you can't have everything. Maybe we will get it in the future. This proves DTG can and do extend routes

• Like Like x 2
  50. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

People that have the earlier UP dlc will have the UP ac44 and sd40-2 as well. I feel like them 3 are a perfect pair for the route.