Train Sim World - Roadmap Update 07/09/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Sep 7, 2021.

1. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Is sherman hill going to be the full TS route? And if so, would that make it the longest route done for tsw? Hopefully this means longer routes in the future

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The gas turbine GTELs are/were relics, built in the 50s and all retired by 1970. Powerful, but gas-guzzlers. Only appropriate on a vintage route alongside F7s and Alco PAs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with you on this. Americans really haven't gotten much freight variety considering all the previous routes only had Ac4400cw's and sd40-2's for everything. I'm very happy with the new es44ac and sd70ace.

• Like Like x 3
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's about bloody time we got a reasonably modern US freight engine. The AC4400s are all over 20 years old.

• Like Like x 3
  5. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

WOW was not expecting to be this excited after reading today's roadmap! Finally some new toys in the US instead of the same old, same old! Gonna add my plea for this too: The GEVO and EMD-710 engines are BEASTS so please do them justice, we don't need another like the AC4400 and definitely don't need the sounds from the TS1 variants. Hopefully when all is said and done I'll be able to have the rumble of the ES44 in game make it seem like I'm in my backyard watching the local CSX train go by.

I think it's something like 3ish months for a route to be developed IIRC, so this puts us around November. *checks calendar* is it November yet?

• Like Like x 2
  6. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Can you maybe add the Dresden Flughafen branch at the end of the year or in the future when you have more time for it, because I'm really looking forward in getting the Dresden Flughafen branch, but I'm really happy that we will get the Meißen branch

• Like Like x 2
  7. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Rivet said on the Forums that the route will be using the original bakerloo, not 30s/40s/50s/whatever, but they never said anything about Timetables. I think it needs its own timetable. It would be unrealistic enough having the 38 stock on modern bakerloo (altough someone may make a mod like what happened with GWE), it would be even worse working with a modern 72 stock with new livery and 2018 seat design. Speaking of US Passenger routes, that is something we really need. We have 3 US passenger routes: LIRR, Northeast Corridor2, and Pennisula Corridor (4 if you count NEC new york). Compare that to all the British and Germen Routes and you really see whats lacking

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m not a fan of freight routes either but appreciate that many people are. They have always said that the point of the game is not to buy every route but to pick and choose what interests you. Many passenger routes have been released this year (with at least 2 more to come after Thursday).

One of the new freight routes is being developed by Skyhook so it is just a coincidence that them and DTG are developing similar routes at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Woooo! Horseshoe Curve! I have been there several times!

• Like Like x 2
  10. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Please hope the ditch lights don’t flash unlike Cane Creek.

11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

For what? Sherman Hill or HSC? Because NS equips their locos with them.

12. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I mean for Sherman Hill.

13. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

They were certain it would be delivered in summer, I'm used to DTG being how they are but this is little bit annoying, not learned to not say things untill they 100% guarantee it

• Like Like x 2
  14. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

The roadmap update is appreciated and watching the stream blurry eyed (mostly because I put on the wrong glasses at 5am) was really good. I'm looking forward to the new route and also looking forward to how well adding a branch works. From my perspective routes tend to fade over time because I've got so much to play and the newer tends to get attention. If adding the branch works out well it would be great to consider revisiting older routes to add extensions to freshen them up. I'd be happy to pay a small amount to buy extensions.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

All summer long - northern and southern hemispheres. ;)

• Like Like x 5
  16. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Now that makes sense!! :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I'm actually pleased BML is getting extra attention to it, hopefully a major sign of a busy, complex timetable - fingers crossed. Don't let us down DTG, we have faith in you to make it one of the best, if not the best.

Who knows, after today's developments regarding the addition of a branch for Dresden, could BML potentially gain any new branches to complement Reigate with the added time? There would be so many opportunities to include on this route. Before anyone says, yes I know the branches were already mentioned for Dresden initially, just wondering on BML with it being mostly a self-contained route.

Nonetheless, I'm very intrigued!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Very hyped for the 2 new American freight routes, especially with not one, but 2 new locos!

Especially excited to see what Skyhook does with Horseshoe Curve after the excellent Cane Creek. Does this mean the debut of Norfolk Southern on TSW? Please, if you can, include the yards in and around Cresson and the Clearfield interchange. It was in the TS20XX version, so i'm hopeful.

My first true railfanning took place there as a little kid- I would watch them switching cars in and out all day long in the Summer as my Aunt's yard ran right up to the yard tracks. From there you could hear, but not see, the huge trains roaring by on the mainline. It was awesome.

Also, could we see some Amtrak P42 DLC between Altoona and Johnstown? Probably wouldn't be worth it for just that section, but it could provide layers for the portions of Capitol Limited on SPG, and Lakeshore Limited on BSP, for example.

Not sure what runs on Sherman Hill, tbh- UP mostly, right?

Reinstated branch for Dresden is also very exciting.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Its being done by DTG. So they should get that right.

20. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I also hope animated gates will be in that. I think they will. But I have a problem at Canton Center the crossing before the station is they go up when the train stops but don’t go down once a train starts moving to the crossing.

21. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

They’re hoping Xbox players get distracted by the shiny baubles.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

i myself thought this was a good roadmap for a change, the announcement of a branch line for Dresden was unexpected but well welcomed. And the the two new US routes was also nice to hear.

• Like Like x 2
  23. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Looking forward to West Cornwall. London - Brighton and class 313. Not sure on the 1938stock. Then abit of a gap.

• Like Like x 3
  24. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Great roadmap update. I am mainly more focused on the american passenger routes but this selection of freight content seems interesting. Hope to see more American passenger content developed soon

• Like Like x 7
  25. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

I remember that DTG said they will bring ICE2 into game in a previous stream. But I can't remember which stream, or maybe I am wrong.
    Anyway, I really hope it can be seen on the roadmap soon.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Im not a fan of u.s freight routes but them adding the same freight trains even if they run there in reality is getting repetitive but at least there will be new trains

• Like Like x 2
  27. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

There are other u.s passenger routes that can be added besides Amtrak

• Like Like x 2
  28. TimoSGD

TimoSGD New Member

Meißen branche... that's fantastic. But the Airport branche would be much better. Please add that too, then it would be a perfect route!

• Like Like x 1
  29. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

BR 402?? ICE 2??

30. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I have heard no such thing.

They did briefly mention the ICE-T (not the rapper ;)) in a stream, saying it would fit on the route, and they'd love to do it, but have no plans currently (same goes for the Acela by the way).

So going on that I wouldn't say coming to the roadmap soon, but perhaps coming someday, and it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere they are at least actively discussing making it for the next cycle of releases.

About the ICE2, I would love to see that (and I have suggested it), slightly prefer the ICE1 over it, but the ICE2 also has some nice looks. Who knows, maybe one day :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I also prefer ICE1 since it has 2 motor car. And do you know whether ICE1/ICE2 runs on the route we have in TSW2 now?

32. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Yes. But maybe I am wrong

33. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Thanks DTG! I am delighted! Exciting expectations!
    1. Meissen branch Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden - very good. + hope for the expansion of other routes!
    2. Sherman Hill with SD70ACe - I'm happy and looking forward to the release. I love heavy cargo transportation.
    3. Horseshoe Curve: Altoona - Johnstown & South Fork with ES44AC & GP38-2 - I'm doubly happy. I look forward to a new masterpiece from Skyhawk, like Kane-Kirk, great work.
    4. Brighton Main Line: London Victoria - Brighton is my most anticipated route. I am ready to wait for a debt, it should be the best. I have high hopes for its future expansion, it is part of an amazing network.
    5. Standard 1938 Tube Stock - glad to arrive soon, very interesting driving experience.

DTG-everything is super! You made me happy !!!

• Like Like x 5
  34. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

DTG Natster I have a little question. Is the console release planned for Dresden as usual (midnight for console) or as with Boston, during the day

35. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

It'll follow a more regular pattern to what you're used to - Rush Hour/Boston was a bit of an outlier.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Indeed, what do you think Cornwall by Spring of next year? Dare i say 10% chance this xmas?

• Like Like x 1
  37. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I believe ICE1 trainsets operate on HRR, RRO and HMA, but I'm not sure how frequent these services are (a lot of them are just a few times per day).

A future route like Köln-Koblenz or Hamburg-Hannover would be a better fit for the ICE1, even as standard train that comes with the route, with Hamburg-Hannover seeing lots of ICE1 trains every day (more than hourly I believe, not sure).

• Like Like x 2
  38. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Thanks for the information:).

39. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Well, after the roadmap being pretty stagnant the past few updates, the new US freight routes are exciting additions! The SD70ACe will a great addition. Although I don't expect to see the UP Heritage Fleet liveries added (would they be separate licenses?), I would love to see UP 1982 added. The heritage MoPac unit is my single favourite U.S. locomotive livery. It'll also be great to see NS added to the game, too. Will the NS locos and SD70ACe be able to substitute or randomly (and perhaps rarely?) appear on the other freight routes?

The Meissen branch being added back into Riesa-Dresden is fantastic, too. And the delay of London-Brighton hopefully means that the reflective signs will be added and--although it's a long-shot--maybe improved day-night cycle, even if not with the same level of custom night lighting work as present on the Dresden route.

• Like Like x 1
  40. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

erm they drive at a fair bit more than 25mph.
    SPG goes up to 80mph
    Boston Sprinter goes upto 150
    Cane Creek goes upto 80 or 60
    long Island Railroad does about 80 I think.

So yeah more than 25 mph

Hentis

41. antony.henley

Perhaps when its ready, let them do it in their time not at the time requested by the impatient community.

regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  42. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

SPG 50 mph Cane Creek 60 mph

• Like Like x 1
  43. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

This roadmap update really made my day! Usually we criticise DTG a lot and sometimes it's fairly. But not now. Now I'd like to thank DTG for these amazing news.
    1. Sherman hill and Horseshoe curve are among my favourite USA routes in TS and I really wanted to see them ever in TSW. I even voted for Sherman hill in last survey. So you make my dreams true)
    2. Adding of Meisen branch is huge step towards community because we asked for it.
    So, well done, DTG, keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  44. antony.henley

yeah wasnt quite sure :)
    Cheers though
    Hentis

45. Conrad

Conrad Member

Great news!

46. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I shouldn't have asked.:(

• Like Like x 1
  47. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Ugh freight. Sorry I don't like freight but I totally understand.

Since January we have had 7 passenger routes and only 2 freight ones so it is time to give some love to freight fans.

And gives me time to work on the routes I have. Maybe I will learn to like freight?

Is SPG the best or which route would you recommend to buy to convince me that freight is fun? I'm open to learn. Shunting is the one thing that drives me nuts I get so frustrated with it.

• Like Like x 1
  48. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Both SPG and Clinchfield are decent if we are talking about US freight routes. German routes are usually have mixed services

• Like Like x 1
  49. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I'd say it depends on why you're not enjoying freight right now. One of the great things about freight is that there is a lot of variety in challenges. For example, German freight content is fast-ish with little worry about train length or weight. This obviously only applies to the current content in TSW - Germany does have some extremely heavy and slow freight trains in real life, too. With US content, like SPG, it's the polar opposite. The trains are often slow but long and heavy. The main challenge is staying in control over your train considering points like coupler slack and not running out of air.

Essentially, the process is no different from figuring out what sort of passenger services you like. Try the freight stuff you own and vary the trains you run and the countries they run in. This way, you should be able to find out whether you enjoy the challenges freight trains present you with or not.

• Like Like x 2
  50. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

So the next 3 routes will be skipped by me. Equal to 2 US freight train routes is then too much for me, after the last is not so long ago. And from Rivet I buy nothing more.
    It's a real shame that we get the "same" routes over and over again, instead of going to other regions.

• Like Like x 7