Dresden - The Definitive Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 31, 2021.

1. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

UE4 doesn't really support bounce lighting for dynamic lights, it only really works on Static baked lighting... but as the name implies that is static and would be on 24 hours of the day and it would take a horrendously long period of time to do (not to mention it would look pretty dire throughout the daytime).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Willywill

Willywill New Member

Hello all,

Just a quick comment, after playing Riesa-Dresden again with the 101, am glad that they're adding more scenarios/locos to this route. IMO this route is short, for Train Simulator 2021 standards, especially with the 101 loco. Those cut out branches are going to be missed and would've added much more playability. As I'm going to purchase/play this route again (Rush Hour), hoping for the best!!

Thank you

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's not Train Simulator 2021... I mean you can get the merged London to Edinburgh route or London to Penzance route on TS1 so anything under 100 miles is "short"

4. Willywill

Willywill New Member

My favorite TS1 route is Berlin to Leipzig which is 121 miles. Anything under 100 miles is "short"

• Like Like x 4
  5. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Not that adding the branches would make driving the BR101 any longer....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Willywill

Willywill New Member

Just adding more playability was my point

• Like Like x 1
  7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’d love to play longer routes but ts21 offends my eyes each time,r I fire it up

• Like Like x 6
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Shame that in the 5 years tsw has been out that we don't yet have 100+ mile routes

• Like Like x 4
  9. chieflongshin

it would give more scope. I don’t mind the occasional 90min run and less so if I feel like I’m getting somewhere. 90mins of dragging a train up sand patch is ok but it’s so slow. It must open up more scope for different things. At the moment the older brother is still offering more at times

• Like Like x 5
  10. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I'd rather you strike a fine balance if able regarding this, judging by some of the feedback on here, seems like quite a few players, like myself would prefer a busier timetable rather than gaps left for DLC. What if these gaps which, for unforeseen reasons, may never get filled? That means the timetable would never be completed.

• Like Like x 5
  11. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

We know the reason why that is and it isn't one that'll get fixed if they give it another year (TSW routes have more detail and take longer to build, a lot of it can't be done automagically).

Having said that, there must be possible routes where the stations are say 40 miles apart and they could give us a long route with few stations and not-quite-as-much-attention-paid-to-scenery. Just for the longer route fans.

I'm happy with the route lengths though.

12. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I too am happy with the current route lengths.
    I recently played Cane Creek and despite the visuals was bored witless at the end.
    Length by itself is irrelevant, it’s how much you are engaged as a driver.
    Visuals without gameplay is not enough.

• Like Like x 6
  13. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Being engaged for 20 minutes with an ice 3 doesn't really do it for me.. An hour would be minimum for a hst, driving an ice 3 for the same length as a trip around the cathcart circle doesn't make any sense, some trains like ic/hst require more length to better represent their nature irl.

• Like Like x 13
  14. al.

al. Member

Im sure a lot of people would have more fun spending that amount of time in a highspeed service (regardless of which country) rather than in a freight service.

• Like Like x 2
  15. KoeleKoen

Depends, i'll rather take a vectron headed freight train on a busy german line than 25 mph in a desert any day, it all depends on context

• Like Like x 7
  16. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

They did something like that with LGV Med, which at the time was panned pretty hard by people on here (when it comes to quality of the scenery) IIRC.

17. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

The LGV Med is not that exciting to drive? Once you have faffed with the voltages, ridden the 20 minute rollercoaster, its breaks on and finish?

The scenarios were "fun" with the variable weather and changing track because of engineering. But I dont sit down and think "yes thats the one I am going to play with today"?

Compared to the German ICE stuff, there is no variation, there is no slow train, nothing else to pique your interest, its foot down and ride?

18. ARuscoe

And therein lies the problem. People don't want "Long routes with high speed trains", they want long routes with long drags, but with slow trains and freight and life and interest... Until TSW has loads of trains in game that can be used like this long routes don't make sense.
    German routes may well be getting there for this, but nowhere else is close yet

• Like Like x 5
  19. Clumsy Pacer

I'll admit, I don't have it as it never interested me (I think I drove the TS1 version a couple of times, in fact I think I've spent more time repainting the TGV into Intercity Swallow than actually driving it), but my point is, LGV Med is a long route (longest in the game so far), with few stations and a long drive between stations.

• Like Like x 1
  20. KoeleKoen

Great detailed rolling stock but the route is a one trick pony that grows old fast

• Like Like x 2
  21. chieflongshin

I personally think Dresden will be a lot better. Tgv route was a pony, you’ve 5mins of action at either end then there are great swathes of nothing just bland areas. Whilst the countryside may in fact look like that I’ve barely gone back to it. Im comfortable taking this pzb bull by the horns and hope they start to give us more layers on uk routes

• Like Like x 3
  22. Clumsy Pacer

• Like Like x 9
  23. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

DTG_JD indeed stated it will be delivered in a post-release patch. Nice, this is very much appreciated <3

• Like Like x 1
  24. Clumsy Pacer

Did he? Where? This is the first I've heard of it.

Is this one of the branches that was announced then subsequently unannounced?

• Like Like x 1
  25. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Yes, he did stated this on a discord server. And yes, it is one of the branches.

• Like Like x 1
  26. chieflongshin

Well well everyone. I am actually proper chuffed with this update.

nice work DTG. I, actually pleased you’re taking time on BML. That’s a big route to many. As much as the team have been hauled over the coals lately it shows they are listening. Genuinely excited about learning more

looking forward to the stream later :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  27. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Excellent move from DTG, thank you very much for listening to the feedback provided.

I loved the screenshots shown on the road map stream, it looks really good! It will make the gameplay of the route much more interesting, and it is such a short stretch of the route added.

• Like Like x 9
  28. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The main downside to that route is that the services themselves are way too short. I didn't buy the route because of that fact

• Like Like x 1
  29. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  30. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Yay. Meißen branch is coming. And from the screenshots it looks like it'll be my favorite branch to drive :)

Well done DTG, working that back in. However I'd still give a hopeful vote to developing a system for route extensions in due course. The high-speed routes definitely need to be much longer, and route extensions could make that possible.

• Like Like x 5
  31. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

As Matt said, this has nothing to do with a route extension. Extensions would have much more things to consider - how much should it cost? Can you buy that seperately without the "extended" route? How does the game make these two sperate DLCs work? What influence does it have on the timetable/dispatcher/scenario planner etc etc etc. This is much more complex than one would hope.

• Like Like x 1
  32. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Is there anyway of downloading this route early I own the season ticket?

33. ARuscoe

no but if you own the ticket your download will start the moment it's released on whatever platform you hold a license for (so midnight for PS, Xbox etc and 1800 tomorrow for Steam (don't know about Epic))

34. Clumsy Pacer

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

I'm on Steam so it will be 6pm It's just not fare seeing You Tuber's playing the route all ready:mad:

36. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Apparently they are 'Ambassadors' (and are really spoiling us with their preview videos) :)
    But yeah, they get given a free key from DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  37. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

I see I best just stay clear of there video's:)

38. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

The 'spoiling' comment was a reference to the Ambassador's Reception advert with the chocolates.
    And I've only watched a first intro video so far as I want to save some fun for when I get mine :)

39. chieflongshin

I think one of the key things here hike we’re discussing this route is the branch is back in. Even if it’s short etc we’re now in a position to enjoy. The collective voice of our passion, our interest, our love of the product as motivated the teams.

It’s really renewed my faith in Dtg and I think whilst there will be some bumpy track in future we’re going to see good things

• Like Like x 1
  40. ARuscoe

Thanks for that!

41. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Thing is, although it is only 7 km, the way that I'm thinking of it is that it makes the S1 route more worthwhile to drive (as it won't stop at Coswig any more). So it feels longer than 7 km to me.

• Like Like x 2
  42. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

That's why I clearly wrote "hopeful vote" and "developing a system in due course", not "this is an extension right now". I heard what he said.

As for the questions posed, I'd suggest:
    How much should it cost - About as much as a loco
    Can you buy that seperately without the "extended" route - No
    How does the game make these two sperate DLCs work - No need, just replace the .pak of the original route with the "extended" one for those who bought the extension. I'm guessing that is exactly how this "non-extension" branch is going to be added.
    What influence does it have on the timetable/dispatcher/scenario planner - Once again, if the .pak of the entire route gets replaced, all of those things are contained within it, so it's not an issue.

Now of course I understand that there are still loose ends that have to be sorted, like the mechanism of such a purchase on the stores of the different platforms the game is available on, and how the game reinstates the medals and achievements made on the base route. But it doesn't seem very complicated overall. Extensions can be treated like selective route updates, which will only apply to customers who bought the extension. This upcoming update is a testament that such a system can work.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Mephrite

Mephrite Active Member

As a person that lived for 7 years in Dresden near Hbf I must say, that this photo is way overbrightened. Of course from the other hand, it's not completely dark like on the screenshot from game. There are pictures in Internet that shows adequate amount of lightning in DD Hbf at night. I hope it's not the rocket science for Level Designer. ;)

Hopefully we get soon line Dresden - Görlitz with diesel Siemens Desiro and Trilex Nahverkehr. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  44. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I will have to kindly disagree and firmly establish Dresden-Zittau is a better choice. :D

45. Willywill

Willywill New Member

You can play it right now on ts1(29.99), out since Feb

• Like Like x 1
  46. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Any eta on when this releases for PC Steam?

47. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Probably 17:00 UTC like usually.

48. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Great thanks.

49. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Is this normal for DTG to release the new route on Playsation much earlier than PC?
    I don't know how DTG did in the past, I am just curious if this is a convention

50. ARuscoe

It is normal for games on PS Store and Xbox store to release at midnight local to the account (ie midnight in Australia when the account is based there, midnight UK when the account is based there and so on)
    It is normal for Steam games to release around 10am California time (when their support team gets into work)
    So not necessarily reliant on a DTG policy and more based on the policy of the store you buy it from

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1