Poll: Underground Line You Want Most In Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lug#9310, Aug 29, 2021.

?
  1. Picadilly

12.3%
  2. Victoria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Circle

7.5%
  4. District

14.2%
  5. Metropolitan

25.5%
  6. Waterloo and City

5.7%
  7. Hammersmith and City

1.9%
  8. Central

4.7%
  9. Jubilee

12.3%
  10. Northern

4.7%
  11. Improved Bakerloo Line

11.3%
  1. lug#9310

lug#9310 Member

What Tube line do you want most? Base your opinion on any era and reply why on the thread. Whichever one is most selected, I will post a suggestion thread for that line.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

One that isn't running underground please.

• Like Like x 9
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Chose the Metropolitan Line because it was a classic train simulator 21 route that must be in the game. Made by Just Trains in TS21 and its time for them in tsw 2 for Metropolitan Line

• Like Like x 2
  4. cafc4eva

cafc4eva New Member

Jubilee all day long. Stratford, canary wharf, north Greenwich, London bridge, right the way up Wembley. Gets my vote!

• Like Like x 7
  5. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I voted for the Metropolitan Line also simply because of the complexity and variation of services as you have all station services as well as semi-fast and fast services in the peak hours. I think if DTG were to consider another deep level service I'd choose the Northern line, again mainly due to the complexity of services but I would rather have a sub-surface line next.

• Like Like x 3
  6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Definitely something sub-surface, as these routes offer a different feel to Bakerloo.
    Circle line might be the best option, as it's very busy and contains parts of other lines, plus only requires S stock and trains from GWE layering on as AI at Paddington (no empty lines like the WCML on Bakerloo).
    Although as someone else pointed out, if DTG have the Chiltern licence that may give possibility for the main line up to Aylesbury with sections of the metropolitan line running alongside.

• Like Like x 2
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Same and if you're wondering Metropolitan Line was a Train Sim 21 route that needs to be in TSW2 after Ruhr-Sieg Nord which was Hagen Siegen Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Hamburg-Lübeck LGV Brighton Main Line & Riesa-Dresden those were all TS 21 routes. Metropolitan line can get a DLC called Transport for London retro pack

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I picked the Circle Line, but honestly, I would love any Underground Line, specifically the Subsurface Lines though. Lines like the Met/District have a great variety of services and a nice Express/Local Service pattern.

• Like Like x 4
  9. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

The Metropolitan line. I honestly think it's a no brainer (no disrespect to other lines).

It's the most historically significant one, it has different branches, an Underground section in the heart of the city before emerging into the suburbs and eventually the countryside, and on top of all that it's the only Underground line with different stopping patterns, with both express and stopping trains. No other line can match all that variety.

However as a joke I would love to see DTG announce the Waterloo and City line and act like it's the single largest project they've ever taken on.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Jubilee line. Fast and reliable. Takes you to the main stations. Its my commuter route!

• Like Like x 2
  11. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I want them to solve the unrealistic, low-frequency timetable issues on Bakerloo and LIRR before developing any more routes with such high frequency of services. So I'm glad the option to vote on Bakerloo improvements is there.

• Like Like x 2
  12. lug#9310

lug#9310 Member

Picadilly goes heathrow though

13. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

I'd vote for the Circle Line pre 2019, so pre ATO. Anything ATO is uninteresting for me. The Circle Line connects all three London termini which have or will have routes in TSW, so (with game loading / route changing breaks) you could do a whole trip from Reading to Eastbourne via Paddington, Victoria and Brighton.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ZeenozPlays

I agree with this. Actually changed my vote because of this comment. I want them to make the Bakerloo Line as realistic as they can before moving onto another Tube Line. There are still glaring inaccuracies on the Bakerloo Line, which can be a worry for future Tube Lines, or Subway Routes in general.

Just to name a few:
    • Inaccurate Timetables, with trains sometimes taking upwards of 40+ Minutes - IRL, Headways are between 3-8 Minutes.
    • No Automated Announcements - I know it is difficult to gain licensing for this stuff, but TML-Studios did it for World Of Subways 3, It has to be possible, right? This adds so much immersion, and realism, and makes the player feel like they are actually operating an Underground Train
    • No Stop Markers at Stations - The London Underground uses Green & Yellow Stop Markers, situated at the End of the platform, near the Camera Displays. These are not visible on the Bakerloo Line
    Once they get all of this, and more sorted with the Bakerloo Line, like the sounds (Which need dire improvement), I'll be fine with them making another Tube Line, but for now, the Bakerloo needs extensive improvement.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Waterloo and city because it must be incredibly difficult to do! 2 stations and 1.7 miles. It's almost as difficult as the Stourbridge town branch line

• Like Like x 4
  16. lug#9310

lug#9310 Member

Only the more modern lines (Sub-surface, Jubilee, victoria) use stop markers. Other lines use trails on the track and there is a diamond shape on the track. The diamond is their stop marker.

17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I believe they have already confirmed no more London Underground so don't get too time invested in it. I guess Bakerloo was more of a pain than anticipated (no extra services still etc).

18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If we have to have another underground route, Id opt for a Paris Metro line 6, its about 45% above ground with a view of the Eiffel Tower to boot. Another unique feature (well unique for TSW, not the Paris Metro) is that it runs Rubber tyres.

https://www.urbansider.com/paris-metro-guide-line-6/

• Like Like x 1
  19. ZeenozPlays

Hm, coulda sworn I saw a Stop Marker on the BKL in a video, guess not.

It would still be nice to see this Diamond on the tracks in-game.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  20. ZeenozPlays

I thought they said no more London Underground for now, as they want to focus on other routes for the time being. DTG doesn't usually rule routes out, unless it's something like Eurostar, which is near impossible to get a license for.

21. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Whichever one has a bit of both underground and overground

22. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Pretty much all do
    I'd count SSB aswell since it has closed in tunnels and stations

23. UnlimitedMagic

I'd prefer the Central Line because of its variety of service patterns

I'd also prefer the Circle and H&C lines with the Wimbledon branch from the District Line so we could also have District line services from:
    Wimbledon - Tower Hill
    Wimbledon - Barking (or services to Upminster that go as far as Barking)
    Wimbledon - Edgware Road
    Earls Court - Tower Hill

• Like Like x 3
  24. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I feared so. Then such a route wouldn't be something that'd interest me. I already think Bakerloo line is too boring because of the long underground section.

I can appreciate a few underground stations, like Rapid Transit has, though. But I'd like my routes to be mostly above ground. Whatever scenery there is, it's always more interesting than a tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

When was this confirmed ?

26. chieflongshin

If I recollect correct it was on Sam's stream the other week where he played West Somerset. I am questioning now based on what has been said above whether I've misconstrued it and he meant something else.

27. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I chose Northern line because I love that it has both Bank and Charing Cross branches to choose from. I'm also a fan of the Kennington Loop and would enjoy waiting in there for the tracks to clear for a return journey.

Failing that, then District or PIccadilly, or the original Circle. I'm also really, really hoping to see the Metropolitan or District lines when steam comes out! So, yeah, I guess I want every line, lol.

28. chieflongshin

Met line used to be my old commute from kgx. That’d be interesting. Imagine being able to tube your way across London to Paddington or kgx and then pick up ECML or WCML or BML and run with no loading. How I can dream…..

29. niiiice1

niiiice1 Member

I would suggest that the biggest benefit to any route published is variability. Any route that has this will surely engage users for longer. Therefore, even though I would prefer other routes, this is an Underground forum and I'd go for District Line because of the Richmond/Wimbledon/Ealing/Edgware Road/Olympia (on occasion) variations in the west.

• Like Like x 1
  30. UnlimitedMagic

Just to add to what I said. It would be nice if we got the Jubilee and Victoria lines together. Since the Jubilee line already has surface stations I don't think people would mind having the Victoria line. And the Victoria line is 13 miles long so it shouldn't take long to make

31. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I agree with improve the bakerloo line first with possible overground trains for example.

There is still a section which northbound pictogramms are confused with southbound. Fixing that all first would be the best before starting another metro route.

Looking in the future of tsw 2, my next joice is definitly hammersmith & city. Its overground and underground and the main benefit is to integrate the route in gwr. So actually driving gwr with tube stock running along at the paddington station would make it a top experience.

Same otherway around. You drive at the hammersmith line and there is the full gwr traffic along the route. In 24h timetable runs just nice.

At baker street this could even get merged with the bakerloo line, since there is the station at 1 point.

So with this we could have a start of the london network :)

• Like Like x 3
  32. meridian#2659

Royal oak & westbourne park is already there in the gwr addon

33. meridian#2659

Here a Layout from Baker Street --> At this point a connection from Hammersmith & City LIne to Bakerloo Line makes sence.

Attached Files:

34. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They're joined for about a mile, with one stop, so probably would be a "blink and you miss it" experience!

I used to commute to Baker Street station (I worked on Marylebone Road) and although the tube lines share an entrance, they're actually quite far apart once you get underground. On the tube map they're shown as a joint "internal interchange" to reflect this.
    https://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

35. UnlimitedMagic

Watford DC extension would be nice. It’s just that Euston will be so empty and lifeless without Class 390, 350 and 221’s

• Like Like x 1